WWW Wednesday #45 | March 20, 2019


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.

Happy Wednesday, friends! My morning will be starting with a dental appointment so the day can only go up from there. Right??

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

    
The Girl He Used to Know - Tracey Garvis Graves
Only 20 pages in and I already feel like I understand Annika completely. And I want to know everything that happened between she and Jonathan now. I have a feeling I'm going to love this one.

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?

     
Gentleman Sinner - Jodi Ellen Malpas
This was my first by Malpas and I picked it up on a whim because the synopsis caught my eye. It ended up being an okay read, with a whole lotta Fifty Shades vibes going on. Not a bad read but nothing memorable and I'm not sure I'll be rushing out for more by Malpas. 

I was a little on the fence about this one at the start but I really had a change of heart once the story developed. Avett's background made her actions make sense and Quaid was a guy who felt different from Crownover's usual heroes but was every bit as compelling.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
      
  
This one releases in a couple weeks so I need to get on the ball and get the ARC read and reviewed. It'll be my first by Lorelei James so my fingers are crossed that it's a winner.

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

10 comments

  1. Yay glad you are enjoying The Girl He Used to Know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had time to pick it up since Wednesday and it's driving me crazy! :)

      Delete
  2. I've only read one Tracey Garvis Graves book in the past and it totally gripped me from the beginning. I hope the rest of The Girl He Used To Know is as good as the first 20 pages!
    I'll add it to my watch list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TGG's On the Island is one of my all-time favorites and I can see this one following suit. I'm loving it!

      Delete
  3. I loved This Man's series Tanya but then her other books were only "meh" so I haven't read this one so far. Now I am reading If There Is No Tomorrow by Jennifer L Armentrout and I can't stop crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not sure I'm be grabbing anything else by Malpas. Gentleman Sinner was just okay and there are too many others that I am super excited about.

      If There's No Tomorrow is one of the very few by JLA that I haven't read yet.

      Delete
  4. So glad to see you are enjoying The Girl He Used to Know. I have that coming up soonish, and I have been seeing mixed things, but you have me convinced I will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just feels like a "me" book so far and I love that. :) Unfortunately I haven't had any reading time since Wednesday and it's driving me crazy!

      Delete
  5. Yay for a great current read. I hope the dentist went well!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dentist was a breeze (thank goodness!). And I'm still loving The Girl He Used to Know. :)

      Delete