The Sunday Post #07


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the rules here:
*NEWS*

It feels great to have some time to sit down, relax and remember that I have a   blog. :) December is always my busiest month at the office and when you add in the holidays (and all that they entail)... well, I tend to go into survival mode, just trying to keep my head above water. I do what absolutely has to get done and everything else falls by the wayside. As much as I enjoy Christmas, I'm happy for everything to return to normal and get back into a regular routine.

Speaking of Christmas, I hope those of you who celebrate it had a glorious holiday. I was able to spend time with my family (husband, parents, sisters and their husbands and kids) and that's all I really need. The older I get the less I truly want. Being with family is what it's all about for me and everything beyond that is just icing on the cake. 

I took a little time off this past week - Wednesday and Thursday - and, obviously, Friday was a holiday so having FIVE DAYS off in a row has been... *fabulous*! It's official: I could totally live a life of leisure. LOL But it's back to the real world tomorrow. {sigh}


*LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG*

Uh, this won't take long. LOL Last week on the blog was total silence with the exception of a very brief Christmas Day post. But I'm excited about some posts coming up this week with end-of-year wrap-ups... including a Countdown Survey hosted by the ladies at Novel Ink and my Top 10 of 2015 picks!

*NEW ADDITIONS*

Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. I didn't receive a single book for Christmas... but then again I didn't ask for any. And I haven't gifted myself with anything in the last week, either. Not even any one-clicking action. This wasn't a conscious effort but lately I've been *really* excited about reading what I already own. GASP! I know, right? What a concept. But 2016 is going to be the year of me reading what I want to read. Ignoring the hyped books, the books "everyone" seems to be reading, the latest and greatest. I have *so many* books that I have been excited to read for so long and yet I keep "saving them for later." Or shoving them aside in favor of something else. No more. I'll be diving into all these wonderful books that I'm truly excited about since (duh) that's what they're here for! If that means fewer new additions - so be it.


*CURRENTLY READING* 

I haven't had (or made) much time for reading this month.  I've completed only two books in December and am currently reading my third.  I'm a little more than halfway through Addicted After All by Krista & Becca Ritchie. I *adore* this series (it's my favorite contemporary series) and reconnecting with Lily and Lo and all the other characters I've come to love so much is my idea of book nirvana. :) 

*TOTALLY RANDOM*

With record high temps here in Florida, I'm wishing my December 
looked a little more like this. :)




How was your holiday? Do you have a Christmas book haul to share? A favorite moment or gift? Fill me in on what your week was like!



No comments