The Sunday Post #318 | December 25, 2022

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

Merry Christmas, friends! For those who celebrate, I hope you're having the most wonderful day, spent with those who are special to you. 

Here in Florida, we're having the coldest Christmas in 30 years... and you won't hear me complaining! I'm loving it (though I seem to be the only one). 😊 Temps started dropping Friday, and when I got up Saturday morning it was in the 20's. That's some serious cold for my area! 

It's been a busy week, but a good one. Last Sunday night The Husband and I went down to St. Augustine for the Nights of Lights. It was beautiful, but also insanely crowded, so we didn't stay long. Monday I worked from home since I had a eye appointment scheduled. And Thursday was my last workday until January 3rd. Color me happy! I am thrilled to be enjoying some much-needed time off.

Our plan was to go to NC a few days after Christmas and visit The Husband's family, but after their early Christmas gathering a week ago... they now have Covid. So, trip is postponed. Sorry we won't be seeing them, but not sad about more time at home. :)

Nothing from the 80's today, but enjoy an old classic from Michael Bublé.



ON THE BLOG

Tuesday, December 20


WHAT I READ

     

Kindle: Coen (Pittsburgh Titans #4) by Sawyer Bennett - 4★

Audio: A Greene Family Christmas (The Greene Family #9.5) by Piper Rayne - 4★


CURRENTLY READING

     

eARC: The Backup Plan by Jill Shalvis

Audio: Wait For It by Mariana Zapata

NEW ADDITIONS


Nothing this week.


TOTALLY RANDOM



HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

17 comments

  1. Merry Christmas! Our plans to go to NC for Christmas got cancelled too because of illness. So we're at home, but staying warm. Have a great New Year! Here's my SP: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2022/12/25/sunday-post-merry-christmas-sundaypost/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the NC plans blew up, but glad you can enjoy more R&R. It's cold here too (even for NJ). It was 7°F (without windchill). I was happy I wasn't out in it. I hope you enjoy the Shalvis. I though it was another great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! I have some friends who live outside of Tampa and they were posting about the cold there! It is pretty significant for FL! But, the day they were complaining, we were in the negatives, so I didn't feel too bad for them! Have a restful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes it's cold but nothing compared to Minnesota. It's supposed to be back to 70 here by the end of the week though. I'm glad you avoided the Covid trip and will be able to relax at home. Merry Christmas Tanya!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love Michael Buble! My brother's in-laws ended up with the flu, of course my niece had it last weekend and that messed up their early Christmas plans. Now not sure when they'll get to do it! Glad you avoided getting Covid, but sad to miss out on family time I'm sure. Hope you're having a nice Christmas day!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your family having COVID. I'm glad they found out before you went. Enjoy your time off! :D Merry Christmas!

    My Sunday News

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I can't believe it got so cold in Florida! Sorry to hear your plans got ruined. I hope everyone starts to feel better. Enjoy your time off! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia - Yes, that's seriously cold for us! But I enjoyed it. By Friday it will be back into the 70's. lol

      Delete
  8. We had a wonderfully sunny Christmas Day, I’m glad you didn’t mind the unexpected cold weather though.

    Wishing you a wonderful holiday week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Merry Christmas to you! We had crazy freezing rain with ice over everything on Friday with it like 22 degrees, but by yesterday it was close to 50 and pouring rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas Tanya! I still hope you'll get to see the husband's family! And yay for being off work until January 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time at home is always good. and wow that's cold for you guys. By comparison we're coivered in snow and it's 20 here. So you're almost (or were) as cold as us!

    Hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We dropped as low as -5 and I must say that I am not a fan of the extreme cold. I can deal with the 20s. Sorry you had to postpone your trip. I hope everyone with Covid recovers quickly and you can meet up soon. Enjoy your time off work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you really did drop in temps! We had a white Christmas even though it wasn't as fresh as we would have liked. Being sick really puts a downer on the festive holiday! Hope it was a wonderful day for you. Time off work can be so so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas, Tanya!

    (Wait For It was lovely... Sigh. You're making me want to go on a re-read of Zapata books!)

    ReplyDelete