The Sunday Post #08


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the rules here:
*NEWS*

It's been a good week, friends. It felt good to get back into a regular regimen after the holidays. As much as I enjoy the holidays (and the time off), it wreaks havoc with routines and I thrive on routine. It's how I keep up - or try to. Throw a wrench in my usual pattern and I lose track of everything. It's not pretty.

*THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG*

Monday, Jan 4: Review of All Played Out by Cora Carmack
Tuesday, Jan 5: TTT: Bookish Resolutions
Thursday, Jan 7: That's What He Said Thursday

*THIS WEEK IN READING*

 

Finished: After You by Jojo Moyes
Current: Letting Go by Molly McAdams

I completed my first book of the year and it felt good to start the year with a good one. I was nervous about After You because I was comfortable with my own ideas of what became of Lou after Me Before You ended. But After You was completely satisfying: sad, funny, heartbreaking, surprising, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'll be reviewing a new release from Molly McAdams shortly and, while it's more of a companion book and can totally be read as a stand-alone, I still wanted to pick up the first book in the series, Letting Go. Other than the fact that the cover model looks like a rather unattractive man in drag, I'm enjoying it so far. I've never read anything by Molly McAdams before and I like her easy style of writing. (And I've put a post-it note on the front cover so I'm no longer distracted by the man in the dress. I mean, seriously, is that not the most masculine-looking female cover model? Tell me it's not just me.)


*NEW ADDITIONS*

            
          
*Book covers link to GoodReads*

All my new additions this week are of the Kindle variety.
  • Fear of Falling by S.L. Jennings - Saw it mentioned on someone's blog and liked the synopsis
  • Ruin & Rule by Pepper Winters - It was on sale and now I have it for when I'm in the mood for a darker romance.
  • Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros - Another sale and I like the military aspect.
  • The Mason List by S.S. Hendrickson - I saw Aestas rave about this one this week and couldn't pass it up.
  • For the Love of Hockey by Taylor Lavati - Unfortunate title, but I reviewed the first book in the series and was contacted by the author asking if I would like to review this second entry.
  • To the Stars by Molly McAdams - The second title in the series (I'm reading the first now).
  • He Will Be My Ruin by K.A. Tucker - I didn't think I had a chance at being approved for this one but it must have been my lucky day! I adore K.A. Tucker and can't wait to start this one. 

*TOTALLY RANDOM*





How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share? 
Fill me in on what your week was like. :)

No comments