Top Ten Tuesday: 2016 Bookish Resolutions

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme 


So I'll go ahead and put it right out there that I'm not much of a resolution-maker/goal-setter. I'm more of a go with the flow kinda girl (mostly - let's be real, there are exceptions). Goal setting sounds like too much work, frankly. All that follow-through. {shudder} Resolutions sound slightly less intense but still... However, in the spirit of the new year, and Top Ten Tuesday, I'm playing along. So here are my Top Ten Bookish Resolution/Goal-ish/Vague Idea sort of things:

I came in just shy of my GoodReads goal in 2016. 75 read out of my goal of 85. Not too shabby. But I'm scaling it back since 75 seems more reasonable/do-able. 


Okay, so this one is kind of a gimme since I do this anyway. Kind of like adding something to your to-do list that you've already done just so you can cross it off. But they're my resolutions so I call it valid.


This falls in line with my overall plan for 2016: read what I want to read. Simple, huh? It's back to basics, my friends. Too often in 2015 I found myself ignoring the books I was truly excited about in favor of others (that often ended up being just mediocre). Um, why? That ends now. I'm reading whatever strikes my fancy. And I'm thinking the #ShelfLove challenge plays right into that.

To go along with reading only what I REALLY want to read, I'll be requesting and accepting fewer ARC's. It's not like I requested a lot to start with, but there were definitely times that I requested books that sounded just okay... just because I could. Yeah, not good enough. So unless it's something I'm dying to get my hands on, hasta la vista to the ARC's.


Bahahaha! I can't believe I'm even including this. I mock myself even as I type. But hey, why not? Just for giggles, let's say I'm going to be better organized, better prepared, and schedule posts in advance. Instead of doing what I always do... like starting my Top Ten Tuesday posts at 3 PM on Tuesday afternoon. 


Sure I have plenty of series that are still ongoing, but there are also plenty that are complete. And whether I've already started a series or not, I want to complete at least 3 this year. Some likely contenders: the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo, the Addicted series by Krista & Becca Ritchie, Pushing the Limits series by Katie McGarry, the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, the Tatiana and Alexander trilogy by Paullina Simons. Game on.


I've done one buddy read, back in May of last year. That was when I discovered my buddy (my sweet, sweet friend +Hope Ortego ) reads waaay faster than me. LOL :) But I'd love to do another. My friend Ashley (aka +Bookish Realm) and I have mentioned buddy reading the first Vampire Academy book together since neither of us have started the series, but nothing is set in stone yet. I definitely want to do another, though. 


Yep, after a year of being wishy-washy, I've finally decided that I'm going to continue with the series. I read Throne of Glass in November 2014 and liked it okay but didn't love it. I figured maybe it just wasn't for me. But there's no denying the insane love for this series. And I hear the books only get better as the series progresses. Plus, after reading (and *LOVING*) A Court of Thorns and Roses by Maas last year, I really want to go back and give the Throne of Glass series another go. Give it the old college try. Make room on the bandwagon, people - I'm climbing on.


You know those authors that seem to be everywhere? You see their books all over your GoodReads feed, you see reviews for their books on every blog... they're just everywhere. And you keep meaning to read something by them but just never get around to it? For me those authors are Kristen Ashley and Tillie Cole. I've been meaning to read something by both these ladies for ages and it's never happened. 2016 is year I introduce myself to both. Kristen, Tillie - how ya' doin'? I'm coming for you. (Oh dear, that sounded mildly stalkerish.)


This is The One, people. The. One. Why oh why does this one terrify me? I swear, it's like public speaking. Or... some other scare-inducing thing that I can't be bothered to think of right now. It's like all the ickiness of high school in a blog post. But I shall overcome this fear (maybe). I shall endeavor to write at least 3 discussion posts this year. Can they be private posts? Only for me posts? Never see the light of day posts? Perhaps that defeats the purpose. I will have to give this one much thought. Along with much meditation and deep-breathing exercises. 


So there you have my 2016 bookish resolutions/goals/maybe going to happen sort of things. What are your goals this year - bookish or otherwise? Are you a goal setter, or a big ol' goal slacker like me? 



No comments