WWW Wednesday #47 | April 3, 2019


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

    
    
My Favorite Half-Night Stand - Christina Lauren
This seems to be the Christina Lauren book that you either love or hate. The reviews are all over the place. I've only just started it (as in, I'm still in the first chapter) but I'm curious to see on which side I'll fall.

I don't think there are any more Saints of Denver books coming so this will be a goodbye to all these characters. *sobs quietly* I'm about 80% through the audiobook and totally enjoying Poppy and Wheeler's story. Poppy seriously deserves a HEA!

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?

    

I Want You Back - Lorelei James
This was my first by Lorelei James and it was a solid second-chance romance. The main characters were so likable and while the guy had truly behaved like an ass in the past, he was determined to make amends and prove that he had changed. This was the first book in a spin-off series and I'm curious enough to go back and read the original series... at some point.


I just finished this one last night and enjoyed it so much. I loved Chase's Royally series and all the good stuff I loved from those books were evident here. Great dialogue, laugh-out-loud humor, romance, and a few emotional moments as well. Now if they could have just come up with a less cringe-worthy cover... LOL

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
  
    
Both of these release next month - just a week apart - so I'm pretty sure one of these will be next up. I'm thinking I can't go wrong no matter which one I choose! :)

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

24 comments

  1. The Bride Test is one I've been seeing heaps of around, so I am curious to see what people think of it. I hope the Christina Lauren book ends up a good read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the Christina Lauren book so far. I've enjoyed everything I've read by them so far so they haven't let me down yet. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh The Bride Test! Can't wait to see what you think. I LOVED The Unhoneymooners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I now who has read The Unhoneymooners so far has loved it! Makes me even more excited for it. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm curious about how you'll like My Favorite Half Night Stand as well!

    I'm trying to decide when to read the Bride Test. I think I may try to sneak it in early.

    Have you read Chase's Tangled series??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Chase's Tangled series yet... but I definitely want to! Since I read the whole Royally series on audio I might do the same for Tangled. I just put the first audiobook on hold on Overdrive. :)

      Delete
  4. I want to read the Bride Test so bad. I was denied an arc :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, that sucks. I don't request a lot but it's still lame to be denied. :(

      Delete
  5. I'm in the hate camp for Hal-Night lol but I LOVED Josh & Hazel so I'll be checking out The Unhoneymooners to see if that's more my speed.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of those cases where not everyone is going to love every book. Or, more accurately in this case, an aspect that doesn't bother one person may be a sticking point for someone else. My fingers are crossed that I won't have an issue with it. And hopefully we'll both love The Unhoneymooners! :)

      Delete
  6. I am team CLo, and I liked Half-Night. I was able to forgive the "deception", and just fell in love with all the other parts of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that, Sam. So much has been made of the catfishing aspect that it was actually starting to make me nervous about starting it. But I'm totally enjoying it so far and you saying that makes me think I'll keep enjoying it.

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear you enjoyed I Want You Back! I'm dying to read The Bride Test and The Unhoneymooners but I have several to read before I can pick them up! *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! Don't you hate that? When you're dying to pick up a book but others have to come before it? Oh, the torture! :)

      Delete
  8. I really need to get on it and read something by Christina Lauren!!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, Lauren! I've read 4 by CLo now and have enjoyed them all.

      Delete
  9. I am so happy you loved Emma's book!!!! Now I am a bit green with envy that you get to read The Bride test already Tanya! Have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started The Bride Test last night. Didn't get very far before I went to bed but I'm already wanting more of the main characters. :)

      Delete
  10. Love that cover of The Unhoneymooners- so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your "read next" book covers are AMAAAAZING. Also I am now super curious what side of the Christina Lauren book you fall on too- every review I have seen is either absolutely love or absolutely hate hahah. I do hope you end up on the side of love!

    I am currently reading SO many books. I am reading Aurora Rising and Abandoned (it's the second book in a sci-fi series), and then with my daughter I am reading House Arrest and Harry Potter 5. It's kind of bananas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typically loathe yellow covers but for some reason both The Bride Test and The Unhoneymooners are totally working for me.

      I'm so impressed you can juggle so many books at a time! I wish I could but it's never worked for me.

      Delete
  12. Must read some Christina Lauren... Must. Sigh. Maybe when the currently reading slump passes. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Christina Lauren could get you out of that dreaded reading slump. :)

      Delete