WWW Wednesday #49 | April 17, 2019


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

    
     
   
The Unhoneymooners - Christina Lauren
I'm at the 92% mark and had to stop reading this morning in order to make it to the office on time. Gah! Adulting sometimes sucks. LOL You better believe I'll be plowing through the last couple chapters during lunch. I need closure! This one has felt a little different from the last few I've read by CLo and I can't even pinpoint exactly how, but it's so, so good and in between all the laughs it has hit on some real-life topics.

What is it with the Emma Chase covers being all about the abs? A couple weeks ago it was Getting Schooled (such a cringe-worthy cover... ugh) and now this one. Anyway, I'm listening to the audio of Tangled and it's interesting how it's 100% from Drew's POV. I'm trying to remember if I've ever read a romance that was solely from the male POV. The narration is by Sebastian York so that's an automatic win and I'm really enjoying seeing the changes in Drew.

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?

  

Flesh (Flesh #1) & Skin (Flesh #2) - Kylie Scott
I listened to this duet on audio and, while I can admit that it was mostly ridiculous, it was also plenty entertaining. A zombie apocalypse + romance. I mean, how can you go wrong? LOL The first book was much better, with an actual plot that I was invested in, but the second was kind of repetitive with a TSTL (too stupid to live) female lead. I probably won't even review these on the blog - I mean, they were just fun brain candy listens - but I might share a few thoughts on GoodReads.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
  
  
I'm not even sure what's up next. I'm already kind of planning what I want to read on vacation and that's only a week and a half away so I don't want to dive into anything chunky or weighty right now. I need to keep it simple so I can morph right into vacay reads as soon as I hit the pool. LOL Sooo, for now I'm going to stick with the ones I mentioned last week. I can't figure out what I'm in the mood for so it's anyone's guess. :)

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

32 comments

  1. Emma Chase does the male POV so well and she's the only author that I can think of that has done the strictly male POV in her books but I'm not mad about that. I need to read the Tangled series. I have them all, I just haven't read them. Are you enjoying Tangled?

    I cannot wait to start The Unhoneymooners. I need to read faster.

    Happy reading, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely enjoying Tangled. I don't *love* the male MC because even at more than halfway through he can still be kind of douchey (LOL) but it's still good. :)

      Delete
  2. I think I'll give Unhoneymooners a try. I loved Josh & Hazel but was disappointed in their last so I was waiting on this one.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't dislike Half-Night Stand but it also wasn't my favorite. The Unhoneymooners, though... loved it! :)

      Delete
  3. I hate it when the world interferes with reading. How dare it! LOL So glad you enjoyed! I think I need Tangled in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tangled was just an OK read for me but shhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adulting does stink! Glad you are enjoying The Unhoneymooners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Tangled, and I attribute all my enjoyment to York's narration. He was perfect! I am hearing so many good things about The Unhoneymooners. YEAH, because I have that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sebastian York is so awesome! Love his narration so much. I have to say, as much as I'm enjoying Tangled, I'm not 100% sold on Drew. Even now that he's figured out he's in love with Kate, I feel like there hasn't been much change in him. He can still be kind of an ass. LOL Can't wait til you read The Unhoneymooners!! :)

      Delete
  7. I liked Tangled at first, but Drew really started to get on my nerves. He just assumes he knows how she feels, and acts according to what he wants. It doesn't matter what she says. No doesn't mean no to him, and he's annoying persistent at the end. I get that he grows and whatnot, but he was a jerk. He even admits as much throughout the book.

    However, I will concede that the narrator was awesome. I just didn't like the character. It was interesting to read a romance with a solely male POV.

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, it's so funny you mention that because I was just telling Sam that I'm not totally sold on Drew (Tangled). I'm enjoying the story, and obviously pulling for a HEA, but Drew can still be a real jerk sometimes. I feel like he hasn't changed much since the beginning of the story.

      Delete
  8. While I liked The Unhoneymooners, it wasn't my favorite. I expected more of it, tbh. I need to pick up that KA Tucker book! And I might start The Perfect Dress by Carolyn Brown.
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed that we'll both love the new one from Tucker! She rarely disappoints so I have high hopes. :)

      Delete
  9. Ahhh! You make me want to chuck all my other reads (review ones) to the side and start The Unhoneymooners! Yes, adulting sucks! It gets in the way of my reading! I'm currently listening to a Kylie Scott: Dive Bar #1. It is a bit ridiculous and repetitive, and the dialogue probably wouldn't work in real life, but it's been mindless fun. I'm craving a really good audio after starting a stopping a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to start the Dive Bar series for a while now. Last year I listened to the whole Stage Dive series on audio and enjoyed it so much. (Mal for life! LOL) Mindless fun is a good way to put it. :)

      Delete
  10. Glad to hear the Unhoneymooners is such a great read for you. I'll be diving into that one soon too and am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll love it, Suzanne! I absolutely loved Olive and Ethan. :)

      Delete
  11. I remember seeing Tangled all over the place when it first came out. Seems like everyone loved it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma Chase never seems to disappoint. I just love her mix of romance and humor. :)

      Delete
  12. I love it when books are hard to put down, and The Unhoneymooners definitely sounds like it's in that category. :) Hope you're having a great start to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg :) I definitely flew through The Unhoneymooners... hard to put down.

      Delete
  13. A lot of romances have some cringe worthy covers, I agree that some of Emma Chase's covers are a little cringey. But as long as the book is good who cares?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's not like I'm buying/reading the book for the cover. LOL

      Delete
  14. What He Never Knew... Isn't that part of a duet? If it's the one I'm thinking of, I totally want to read it.

    I don't know how you managed to stop at 92% in a book! I'd lose my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, at first there were just two books and it was considered a duology. I think it's even still listed on GoodReads as a duology. But I guess Kandi decided she wanted to tell the other guys story so now What He Never Knew is the third book. I'm excited to read it!

      Yeah, stopping that close to the end of The Unhoneymooners was killing me! But it was that or be late to the office. LOL

      Delete
  15. I totally want to read the new Mafi book. I still have to get to the rest in the series to do that tho. I love the line up tho.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete