WWW Wednesday #53 | June 26, 2019


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?
  
     
   
Fumbled (Playbook #2) - Alexa Martin
I started listening to Fumbled on audio yesterday afternoon but I wasn't loving the narration. (If you're an audio fan, the narration for Martin's previous book, Intercepted, is perfection.) As soon as I get a chance to get some reading in today (lunch hour, maybe?) I'll be switching to the paperback version. Can't wait to learn about Poppy and T.K.'s history!

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
I finished this one early this morning and I've gotta tell you... it was a tough read. While the ending was happy/hopeful, it was a long time coming. I don't mean lengthwise, because at about 275 pages it's a fairly short book, but the content is heart-wrenching. To be honest, this book made me sad. Eric and Morgan's stories made a real impact on me but I also felt weighted down while reading. I shed plenty of tears and the pain Morgan felt was overwhelming at times. Not sure if I'll review this one because, while I am glad I read it, I'm not sure I want to dwell on it.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
  
       

I really need to read Raze since it releases next week but I just haven't been in the mood for it. #readerproblems  I'm in the mood for something easy and fun with absolutely zero angst. Maybe a fluffy romance or possibly rereading an old favorite - something like the Rosemary Beach series by Abbi Glines, which is some of my all-time favorite brain candy. :)

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

18 comments

  1. Dodgy narrators are the worst! My relationship with audiobooks is too fragile to tolerate them! lol I don't blame you for switching to your physical copy.

    The Rosemary Beach series is a guilty pleasure of mine... Some of the books, I love. Some I kinda hate. All of them, I've read. Rush is one I'll always return to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm addicted to audiobooks but sometimes a narrator just doesn't click with me. Thank goodness I have the paperback of Fumbled. :)

      I love the Rosemary Beach series. It's been a couple years since I've picked one up and it'll be fun to do a re-visit. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm listening to American Fairytale and plan on starting Death Prefers Blondes later today.

    I check out a lot of books on audio and ebook and switch around.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. American Fairytale sounds good... I like the sound of both Tom and Milo. :)
      I love switching back and forth between platforms. Sometimes it just works better that way.

      Delete
  3. Oh man, did you like Fallen too Far? I really enjoyed Fumbled but hated Fallen too Far. I hope you're having a great week though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the whole Rosemary Beach series 4-5 years ago and loved it. Yes, they're sometimes ridiculous. Yes, they can be unrealistic and like a soap opera. But I was all for it. LOL I'm looking forward to revisiting just for some mindless fun.

      Delete
  4. I* just finished Recursion by Blake Crouch, and what a mindbender. Wow I think my head hurts now- in a good way lol.

    Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hearing phenomenal things about Recursion! I've had it on hold at Overdrive for my husband and *just* got the email that it's ready. I know what he'll be reading this weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. I hope the paperback version works better for you. I'm reading Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating and really love it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Switching to the paperback worked like a charm. I am LOVING it! So glad you enjoyed Josh & Hazel! Even with the epilogue I didn't want that one to end. :)

      Delete
  6. I am surprised they didn't stick with the same narrator for Fumbled. I did really enjoy the book. It seems like forever since I read the Rosemary Beach books. I don't reread, but I want to read that spinoff with their kids. I think I have two books from that series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I would have loved it if it was the same narrator. January LaVoy was so, so perfect for Intercepted. I need to read the Sea Breeze series before I can move on to the spin-off series about the kids. That might be a fun summer plan... binge read the Sea Breeze series.

      Delete
  7. The Rosemary Beach series is one of my guilty pleasure reads. That and the Sea Breeze series. I still wish Abbi did an epilogue book for the Rosemary Beach characters like she did with Sea Breeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I loved the Rosemary Beach series I never got around to the Sea Breeze series. I read the first book but never continued. Maybe I should binge the whole series this summer! :)

      Delete
  8. I've had to switch to the e-copy when the narration was killing the story for me, too. Hope you enjoy it more now! I haven't read an Abbi Glines in forever. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so much now I can hardly put it down! :)

      Delete
  9. I'm so behind on review books. I have Raze to read too, and hopefully I can get to that one soon.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete