The Sunday Post #277 | January 23, 2022

 

 The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

T H E   W E E K   I N   R E V I E W

Winter has made it to northeast Florida. Finally! It hovered around 40 degrees (4 C) all day yesterday and is in the 50's today. I'm loving it. 

I had to go into the office one day this week and it was good to see Boss #1 and Boss #2 (Boss #3 was working from home). I only saw a couple other people since most are working from home. It was pretty much a ghost town. But it was fun to get out and have a somewhat normal day. Whatever that means at this point.

The other day I was telling The Husband the premise of a book I was reading and how at the start of the story the two characters didn't get along at all. 

    Him: Oh, so it's angry love.
    Me (laughing hysterically): Uh, that would be enemies to lovers. 

But the more I think about it, the more I like his "angry love" trope. LOL

This week's 80's music fix is a cover of Fools Rush In (1982) by Bow Wow Wow. I love that it was used in the Kirsten Dunst movie, Marie Antoinette. 



O N   T H E   B L O G

Tuesday, January 18

Friday, January 21


W H A T   I   R E A D

      

eARC: Running Wild (Wild #3) by K.A. Tucker - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
Audio: Beholden (The Belonging Duet #2) by Corinne Michaels - ⭐⭐⭐


C U R R E N T L Y  R E A D I N G

      

eARC: Tattered Stars by Catherine Cowles
Audio: The Best Men by Sarina Bowen & Lauren Blakely


N E W   A D D I T I O N S

Physical Books

      


Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover
Baden by Sawyer Bennett


T O T A L L Y   R A N D O M




HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?
I'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT!

37 comments

  1. Okay, that school photo is hilarous! I think that your huband's description is pretty spot on. I could totally get behind temps in the 40s and 50s. So much better than the frigid temps we had. I cannot wait to see what you think of The Best Men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm barely into The Best Men but I'm loving it so far. I love the way both Mark and Asher have such pre-conceived ideas about each other - and they're so wrong! LOL

      Delete
  2. I am drying my tears from that school picture, but yeah, we totally dressed like that. It's in the teens in the morning here. I would love the 50s. I wouldn't mind going into the office a day or two a week. I just don't want to go every day. It's exhausting. I want to know all about the new Bennett series, so hopefully, you read the book and let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop laughing at that school photo. I mean, that kid has a total vibe going. LOL The synopsis for Baden is giving me all the feels so I'm super excited to give it a try. It'll actually be my first from Bennett!

      Delete
  3. Oh "angry love"! I love that!! And that school photo is cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angry love is perfect! Maybe we need to try to get that used! I'm glad you're finally seeing some relief in the weather. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear, I can't stop laughing at the "angry love" thing. It was so priceless. :)

      Delete
  5. Our weather dropped from 73 to 27 this week. I really wish it would just pick a season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just ordered my copy of Running Wild! Really looking forward to it.

    Haha, angry love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The school picture is funny! Angry love is a great description! I hope you have a great week! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/01/stacking-shelves-7sunday-post-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The school pic makes me laugh every time I look at it. :)

      Delete
  8. Angry Love!!!! :-)))) Your husband has lots of humore Tanya. I hope I'll get back to the office in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought we might return to the office by the end of the month but it's not looking good.

      Delete
  9. This is going to sound so weird, but... I know the guy in that Totally random pic! I'm sure it's him! I'll have to check my Facebook because I'm sure he's got it posted there?!? Seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay it's not him. :) But... in my defense he does have it on his profile and apparently lots of people thought it was him. I knew I'd seen it. there's a ton of comments saying "Mark is this you???" or some variant thereof. lol. It looks EXACTLY him and he's apparently had quite a bit of fun with it over the last coupla years smh

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness, that's s o funny that you thought it was him. And apparently you're not alone! I bet he has fun playing with that. LOL

      Delete
  10. I'll be interested to see what you think of Reminders of Him! I've been seeing it around the blogosphere a lot recently. My week was slow-going, but things are about to pick up a lot since I am moving back to school for a new semester tomorrow!

    claire @ clairefy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My expectation for Reminders of Him are sky high since Hoover is a longtime favorite. Hope the new semester gets off to a great start!

      Delete
  11. You're making me laugh. I hope you have a great week with some amazing books. Stay well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! Hope your week is going well and you're staying warm. :)

      Delete
  12. oh boy I just love that school photo. :) And yay for cooler temps. Winter in Florida eh? lol I hope you enjoy it.

    Hope this weeks brings some great reads for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I imagine you would get quite a laugh at how people here react when the temps fall below 50. LOL

      Delete
  13. Angry love, that's awesome! I hope the new CoHo book is a great read for you. I finally read my first book from her late last year and loved it so much that I picked up 3 more from her backlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Suzanne! My mom and one of my sisters has started reading Colleen Hoover. Now I'm working on the other sister. LOL

      Delete
  14. Angry love... that sounds like something my partner would think of. A very dude answer lol. I like it! That meme has me rolling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I'm still laughing over that meme. It's just so of that period. :)

      Delete
  15. Happy to see Running Wild was a hit! I can't wait to read it. I do like your hubs 'Angry Love' trope!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angry love, definitely one to keep around, lol!
    I'm glad it's a bit colder, I remember you asked for that last week, or the week before! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked and I received! LOL It's been chilly all week and I'm loving it. :)

      Delete
  17. Angry love 😂 I like it! I'm not a fan of winter weather, but if 40s/50s is your winter I'll take it. Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the angry love comment is still making me chuckle. And here in Florida, 40's and 50's is definitely winter weather! LOL

      Delete