The Sunday Post #281 | March 6, 2022

 


 The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

T H E   W E E K   I N   R E V I E W

Well hello, friends! I've been pretty absent for the last three weeks or so. I was sick the entire month of February (guess I should be glad it was the shortest month! LOL) and it definitely impacted my daily life. In a nutshell, everything (other than work) fell to the wayside. It basically felt like life was on hold throughout February. I am feeling better now, other than a lingering cough (which I've decided will never go away so I've named him Fred).

In addition to virtually no posts, I've been too wiped out to blog hop so I apologize for the lack of visiting/commenting. I started making the rounds on Friday and hopefully I can pick back up with that in the coming week.

The situation in Ukraine is too horrible to get into so I'll just say that my heart hurts and leave it at that. 😢

Gas prices here jumped 40¢ in the last five days. I guess it's the same all over. Gas here is now $3.99/gallon. What is it where you are?


The Husband and I, along with my mom, went to an event Thursday night. It was called Stayin Alive: One Night of the Bee Gees. So much great music and the band was impressive. It was the first event I've attended in two years and I felt pretty good about it. Masks were required and there was no intermission (so no gathering/mingling). I had planned to have Friday off since I knew we'd get home late. The days of staying out late and then jumping up the next morning are long gone. :)

Since I've had the Bee Gees playing in my head since Thursday night, this week's 80's music fix is One (1989). This was one of their few singles that charted in the 80's and even though it was hardly a hit, it's always been one of my favorites.



O N   T H E   B L O G

Thursday, March 3

Friday, March 4


W H A T   I   R E A D

  
  

This covers the last 2-3 weeks.

Reminder of Him by Colleen Hoover - ⭐⭐.5
Make Me Yours by Melanie Harlow - ⭐⭐⭐
Fallen Jester by Devney Perry - ⭐⭐⭐
Fortunate Son by Jay Crownover - ⭐⭐⭐
True North by Amy Knupp - ⭐⭐⭐
A Greene Family Sumer Bash by Piper Rayne - ⭐⭐⭐.5
Point of Origin by Rebecca Yarros - ⭐⭐⭐.5
Ignite by Melanie Harlow⭐⭐⭐


C U R R E N T L Y  R E A D I N G

     

eARC: Funny You Should Ask by Elissa Sussman
Audio: Shenanigans by Sarina Bowen


N E W   A D D I T I O N S


Kindle: The Complete Getaway Series - Jay Crownover


T O T A L L Y   R A N D O M





HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?
I'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT!

38 comments

  1. I am happy you are back and feeling better. Three weeks is a long time to be ill. I can say I do not remember that Bee Gees song, though I know many (maybe earlier hits?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Bee Gees. Reminds me of the time my niece and nephew took me to see them in concert many years ago in Chicago. Fond memory. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you were sick so long Tanya! I didn't blog hopped a lot either to be truthful And the gas price here is 2 EUR/liter. I guess that would make it around 8 USD a gallon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sophie! $8 a gallon! I forget how much higher the gas prices are over there!

      Delete
  4. I hope you continue to feel much better. I loved the Bee Gees! I'm excited for you that you got to hear their music in person. Thanks for that blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Wendy. It feels great to be well again!

      Delete
  5. Same! I was also sick for pretty much the whole month of February. My cough went away for like a day and now it's back and lingering, too. And yeah, gas prices are jumping here too, every few hours it seems like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, sorry to hear you were sick for so long, too, Angela.

      Delete
  6. I hope Fred decides to hit the road soon and leave you alone! Gas prices here are about $3.89, so yeah, it's went up pretty high.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better!! Gas prices here are about 3.99 or higher depending on which neighborhood you go into. As someone who drives 70 miles round trip to work daily, this hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch, with that commute I imagine you're really feeling the higher gas prices.

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear you are feeling better. You read some good books during your downtime. Hope March is delightful for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear that you were so sick. I am glad that you are feeling better but you should evict Fred if you can. lol. The Bee Gees would be a fun evening. I hope that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Believe me, I'm doing everything I can to evict Fred. :)

      Delete
  10. Happy to have you back! I hope you will be completely well now. I am worried and sad and even angry about the Ukraine situation. I feel badly for the people and even some people in Russia that Putin has to grab everything and kill anyone in his way. I don't know gas prices because electric hybrid.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. :) It's times like this where having a hybrid would be ideal.

      Delete
  11. Oh no- sorry you haven't been well! I hope your feeling better now. That's funny you named your cough. I haven't been blogging much either, although not for any good reason like being sick lol. Just... haven't. :)

    Love the BeeGees!!!

    I think gas is 3.89 here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg... yeah the cough is getting better but so slowly. Fred just needs to go! :)

      Delete
  12. Sorry to hear you were sick! It's hard to do anything when you don't feel well. The Bee Gees have so many great songs! Sounds like a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. It was a fun event... and it was good to get out and do something!

      Delete
    2. Oh, btw, I forgot to mention our gas per gallon price her in So Cal is $5.60! So insane! $3.99 would be a major discount in these parts. But I guess it's better than it was in Europe five years ago. We had to refill our rental car in Paris back in 2017 and it was $10 per gallon! We no longer wondered why there wasn't an SUV to be seen anywhere!

      Delete
    3. Oh my goodness, $5.60 a gallon. Ugh. I knew it was always higher in CA but that's a big jump. It's now over $4 here and climbing. Makes me wonder if it will top $5 here before all is said and done.

      Delete
  13. I'm glad you at least got to get out and have some fun after being sick for so long.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That part felt... just being out and doing something.

      Delete
  14. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better aside from Fred. I had to take my son to soccer practice last night and noticed that our gas is up to $4.15. I was shocked but decided I can't be mad about it when, like you mentioned, the situation in Ukraine is so awful. That Bee Gees event sounds like a lot of fun. I always loved their music and yay for finally getting to get out and do something. I'm traveling to NYC next week and can't wait to finally get out of here for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. Gas prices seem to jump daily. Makes me wonder where it will top out. Eek. Jealous of your trip to NYC! Hope you have a great time!

      Delete
  15. Sorry you were sick Tanya! I was sick the last week of February and it sucked.

    Gas is about $4.70 here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, gas is even higher there than here.
      Hope we both manage to stay healthy this month!

      Delete
  16. Aww, so sorry you were so sick! I felt like I was wiped out for a lot of February, too. I hope March is much better to you! Gas here is 3.86, but I'm out in the woods. I hear it's a bit higher in town. We jumped 60 cents in one week. I'll definitely be increasing my gas budget. Looks like you got a lot of good reading done, though, so yay for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison. It feels great to finally feel better! Gas prices seem to be going up daily here. I saw $4.40 today. Yikes!

      Delete
  17. Sorry you were sick in February, what a rubbish month for you. I'm hoping you're feeling better now. Glad you managed to get out and do something fun because there are plenty of things happening to stress everyone out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March is definitely shaping up to be loads better than February. February was trash! LOL

      Delete