WWW Wednesday #110 | March 23, 2022

   
WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words
Just share your answers to three questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

Today feels weird and I don't even know why.
It's overcast (the rain is coming), I'm working from home (the usual),
I've got some ASMR going in the background (also usual), but something
about the day feels off. Here's hoping I snap out of it... whatever it is!


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

     


So, I totally feel like this is kind of a milestone reading week for me. I've started two books, both of which I have been excited to read for quite a while. (We're talking years.) I'm finally diving into both and it's such a good feeling... the anticipation of what's to come.

Currently reading: It's happening. I'm finally making a start on the Psy-Changeling series. Urban/paranormal fantasy is definitely not my go-to genre, but I've been so intrigued by this long-running series. I'm at the very beginning but I'm getting to know the characters and learning about the world. (To be honest, I don't like any of the covers for Slave to Sensation, but I settled on this one. Meh.)
Current progress: page 30 of 356 (8%)

Currently listening: I've been saying I wanted to read something by Mariana Zapata for years. Why hasn't it taken so long? No clue. But I decided to start with The Wall of Winnipeg and Me. Someone (maybe Rachel @ Waves of Fiction?) recommended the audio version and since I already know and love narrator Callie Dalton I decided to go that route. At 16 hours this one is a chunker (I think all of Zapata's are tomes), but I'm already enjoying it and getting a feel for the dynamic between Vanessa and Aiden.
Current progress: 6%

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?

     


Recently read: Finishing the Tin Gypsy/Clifton Forge series was bittersweet. While I didn't love the basis of the relationship between the two main characters, I did enjoy being back in that world and surrounded by the characters I know and love. I'll have a lot to say in my review, but overall: good book, excellent series.

Recently listened to: Make Me Stay isn't technically part of the Circle B Ranch series, but Kennedy Fox does include it in the recommended reading order since one of the main characters is a ranch hand and the story takes place almost solely at Circle B. Great story, great narration, awesome epilogue. My girl crush on Kennedy Fox continues. 😉

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?

     


I never know what I'll read next, but both Baden and My Unexpected Surprise are strong possibilities. 


WHAT ARE YOU READING TODAY?

28 comments

  1. I need to read The Wall of Winnipeg and Me! It's been sitting on my shelf staring at me forever ack. I was going to start with either that one or From Lukov With Love which is also on my shelf. Fingers crossed we both love her books!
    Jen @ Star-Crossed Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been wanting to read Mariana Zapata for ages. I decided to start with The Wall of Winnipeg and Me because the ratings are through the roof for that one. I'm glad I did because I loved it so much! Can't wait to read more from her.

      Delete
  2. It does feel like a weird day - I didn't even remember that it was Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zapata's books are always long rides with big payoffs for me. Hope you love it! I've had Singh's series on my TBR for what feels like forever now. I'm hoping to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Zapata book and I know I'll be reading more... soon!

      Delete
  4. Ow boy.. All these books look and sound wonderful. I'll definitely need to check out. And I love that you're reading a bit out of your comfort zone. Enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely step away from contemporary romance so it was fun to pick up something different. :)

      Delete
  5. Today feels weird to me, too. I don't know why. I feel like I'm in a funk.
    I'm glad you're finally giving MZ a try! If you love it, you should read Wait for It next. It's her friend Diana's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I didn't know Diana had her own book! I will definitely be picking that one up.

      Delete
  6. People love Zapata, and I read Kulti, which everyone raves about. I accept that I am just not a fan of her storytelling. I want to read Baden soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored The Wall of Winnipeg so I'm excited to read more. But I definitely understand that not every author's writing is for every reader. There are several popular authors that don't really work for me.

      I'm reading Baden now and loving it!

      Delete
  7. I love that feeling of settling in with a long awaited book. :)

    Thanks for your comment too on my blog- kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better soon. Some days I just feel off, and never know why. But, you sure have some great reading ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the Psy-Changeling series. That's one I've been considering reading for a while now but haven't gotten around to it. I hope whatever had you feeling off when you were writing this post has passed and that you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne - I really enjoy the first Psy-Changeling book and will definitely continue the series. The world Singh created is so interesting. I'm so glad I took a chance on it.

      Delete
  10. Go you!!! My reading has come to a screeching halt lol I was doing so good. Eh - I guess it's tv binging time and I'll get back to it when I feel like it.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - Switching back and forth between tv and reading sounds like it works perfectly for you. :)

      Delete
  11. I have The Wall of Winnipeg downloaded and ready to go. I don't know when I will actually get around to listening to it though. I can't wait to read your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely adore the Psy Changeling series, its one of my favorite PNR series of all time. Their pack dynamics especially will be something that you will love I think. I do like the newer cover over the first cover. I hope you love Slave to Sensation! Nalini Singh writes the best PNR and UF books. (I am like you UF won't always work for me, but she focuses more on the romance so I think it will work out for you).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee - I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Slave to Sensation! I think the strong romance aspect helped. :) I'm excited to continue the series.

      Delete
  13. Even though The Wall of Winnipeg and Me is a total slow burn romance, I loved it! I hope you do, too! Yes, the covers for the Psy-Changeling series are kind of corny (?) is that the word for it? Not my favs anyhow, but the series is really good! Sasha and Lukas are still one of my favorite couples! The series gets better as you go, IMO. I must try Kennedy Fox at some point. I get her mixed up with Kennedy Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - Loved The Wall of Winnipeg and Me! I couldn't have loved Aiden and Vanessa more. :) I'm excited to dive into more from Zapata.

      Slave to Sensation was very good - despite the cheesy cover. LOL I was surprised at how invested I was. I know I'll continue the series... soon.

      I love both Kennedy Fox and Kennedy Ryan, but boy are they different. Ha! If you read each you won't get them confused again. LOL

      Delete
  14. I hope you enjoy both of your current reads! I know I loved them!

    ReplyDelete