Top Ten Tuesday: Characters You Wish You Could Check In With

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme 


Wow, I love today's Top Ten Tuesday theme! There have been many, many books that ended with me still wanting more of the characters I'd grown so attached to. Or characters that I have found myself thinking about long after I'd read the book. Wondering how they were, what had become of them, were they doing okay. As if they were really out there somewhere continuing on after that last page of the book! :)

It's going to be hard to narrow it down to ten, but here's my list:

Tate and Miles (Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover) - Yes, Colleen was good enough to add an epilogue that fast forwarded a bit and we saw this couple down the road a bit but I would still love more. I realize there couldn't really be another story without conflict of some sort, but I'd love to see into their lives now.

Eleanor and Park (Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell) - The book ended rather abruptly (seems to be a trademark of Rowell) and was pretty open-ended. I'd like to think I know that Eleanor and Park ended up together but I'd love to have a sequel from Rowell herself with more, more, more.

Bettina (The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor) - I really need to know that Bettina (Beta) is okay. 

Daemon and Katy (the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout) - Yes, the final book ended the series very well. And, yes, Jennifer has been great about providing a few snippets on her website. But I'll never get enough of these characters or their amazing chemistry.

Rachel (Crash Into You by Katie McGarry) - Rachel was mentioned often in McGarry's Take Me On but I'd really love to flash forward a year or two and know that Rachel is doing well. (Hard to phrase this one without spoilers! LOL)

Anna and Bennett (Time After Time by Tamara Ireland Stone) - I'd love to check in on these two and find out how their very unconventional relationship was working!

Tana (The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black) - Never have I wished for a sequel as much as I do for this book. I'm dying to know what became of Tana. I mean, come on! Did she or didn't she? Ack!

Lou (Me Before You by Jojo Moyes) - Here's one where I'll actually get my wish! I just recently saw that Moyes has a sequel planned so I'll get to revisit Lou and see how she's doing.

Travis (Something Like Normal by Trish Doller) - Travis returned from Afghanistan facing a host of issues (PTSD, grief, his parent's splitting up). I was satisfied with the book's ending but I'd still like to check in on Travis.

Anna and T.J. (On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves) - Yes, the ending was totally satisfying but this couple stayed with me for long, long after I finished the book. I'd love to be able to check back in with Anna and T.J. and see their lives now.

What characters would you like to revisit and check back in with?



No comments