The Sunday Post #47


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the info here:

It's been a good week, despite the fact that we had several days of temps that hit the 80 degree mark (and set record highs). And as I sit here my husband is telling me that it's currently snowing as close as North Carolina. I'm so jealous!

The Husband was judging at a car show yesterday so I popped in to T.J. Maxx to find something for my mother's birthday. It seemed so wrong to not look around while I was there so I nabbed three clothing items for me as well, including a Michael Kors insignia tee for a steal! I do seriously love T.J. Maxx. I swear, they should sponsor me. :)

This morning we took my parents out for breakfast for Mom's birthday and, while I was disappointed in the food and the service (ugh), the company was great and Mom loved her gifts. So mission accomplished.  

With the time change I feel like the day has already gotten away from me. I know it's only one hour but it totally throws me off. I much prefer the other time even though I seem to be in the minority. It just seems wrong when it's daylight at 8:30 at night. Does the shift in time throw you off, too?
 
Tuesday, March 7


FINISHED:
Barely Breathing (Breathing #2) - Rebecca Donovan
Forbidden Kisses (Blushing Bay #1) - Annie Rains

CURRENT
Eleanor & Park (Audio Re-Read) - Rainbow Rowell

WON (KINDLE):
I'm taking part in the 2017 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge hosted by Andi at Andi's ABC's and I won the February giveaway! I chose this title from Melissa Foster. Thanks Andi!
Tru Blue - Melissa Foster

 


How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share? 
You know I want to hear about it! :)

26 comments

  1. Love the random photo - so true! I'm sorry the food and service was bad for your mom's birthday, but that's great she loved her gifts. I LOVE TJ Maxx and HomeGoods and all those stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HomeGoods is another favorite! So many treasures to be found. I just love wandering through there (both stores) and finding all the stuff I can't live without. LOL

      Delete
  2. I hate Daylight Savings Time. I feel so tired today and having it being light so late is going to throw me off.

    Happiest of birthdays to your mom, glad she had a great day!

    Hope you have a good week Tanya. ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Aleen! I typically go to bed at 9 every night (I get up quite early and I totally need my 8 hrs of sleep) and it's so weird in the dead of summer to be going to bed when it's barely dark!

      Delete
  3. SOrry it wasn't a great breakfast but good company always makes up for it - happy birthday to your mom :) Oh man I am not a fan of DLS time. Losing an hour is something I am never ok with. Enjoy your reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. Isn't it crazy how one hour seems to make such a huge difference? Ugh.

      Delete
  4. The time change always throws me off, I am NOT a fan of springing ahead lol. You wouldn't think an hour would screw me up so much, but it does. And wow- 80 degrees! It's been in the 20's here, a cold week. I'd settle for somewhere in the middle!

    I need to read Eleanor & Park since I liked Fangirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's just one hour and yet it seems to rock my world. LOL I highly recommend Eleanor & Park. It's my favorite by Rainbow Rowell.

      Delete
  5. The time change is awful!! I know its only an hour, but I swear it screws me up for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The time change majorly threw me off. I had so much to do today, and I didn’t do it. I love your “totally random.” Have a great week.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not alone, AJ. Crazy how just one hour can throw us off so much!

      Delete
  7. I'm glad to hear you had a good week. Happy Birthday to your Mom. :-D
    I have Breathing series by Rebecca Donovan but haven't read it yet. I need to read it as soon as possible. My TBR is getting out of control since I starting blogging. :(
    Looking forward to your reviews about the series. :)
    Have a great week, Tanya. I hope you enjoy the book you're currently reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first book in that Rebecca Donovan series almost a year ago. For some reason I was convinced it was a NA series but it's definitely YA. I think that has thrown me off because it just wasn't what I was expecting. Hopefully I'll get to the third book before almost another year passes!

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday to your mum! Sorry the food was disappointing :( I hope you're having a great week reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia. My husband said we need to take my parents out for breakfast again next weekend to make up for the bad one. LOL

      Delete

  9. I stopped setting "This week" reading goals because I never met them and then I'd get bummed out. :(

    Lauren @ TBS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really use TBR's either. I have a vague idea of what I might want to read but it just all depends on what I feel like at the time.

      Delete
  10. Oh have b-days in my fam this month as well. :) Glad she liked her pressie! Love your quote and I really do need to pick up a book by Rainbow Rowell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love Rainbow Rowell, Melissa! My favorites are Eleanor & Park and Attachments.

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday to your mom! How did you like Barely Breathing, Tanya? Emma's birth mother was certainly a pill. That book had my mind racing through emotions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Barely Breathing was good but Emma's mother was the worst! I actually started to get frustrated with Emma for not learning anything from before. Look where not telling anyone and keeping secrets got her before - and yet here she was doing it again. Ugh. I'm looking forward to starting the third book soon!

      Delete
  12. The time shift definitely throws me off---I've been a mess all week!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete