Monthly Wrap Up | February 2021

  


 
WHAT HAPPENED IN FEBRUARY
  • Both The Husband and my mom had their second doses of the COVID vaccine in February (no side effects) and that was a huge relief.
  • We ordered new furniture (living room and dining room) and I'm excited for everything to arrive (sometime in April). 
  • I continue to work from home and go into the office once or twice a month. The last week or so in February was particularly busy as a couple new projects were gearing up.
  • I had fun playing with my Always Fully Booked planner. I am not a planner person, so it's the bookish aspect that I enjoy. I've been using the Instax Mini Link printer The Husband got me for Christmas to add book covers to the new release pages and my monthly wrap up pages. It's the little things.
   

  • The Tampa Lightning are having another great season and I had fun watching the games. 

WHAT I READ IN FEBRUARY


5 STARS

4.5 STARS

4 STARS

3.5 STARS

3 STARS


FORMATS
Total Read: 8
1 physical book
3 Kindle/e-books
4 audiobooks


TOP OF THE HEAP
The Things We Leave Unfinished
Without a doubt, The Things We Leave Unfinished takes the top spot. Not only was in my favorite book of the month, but it was my first five star read of the year. I don't want to repeat everything I said in my review, so I'll just say that this one was beautiful, emotional, and unforgettable.


WHAT HAPPENED ON THE BLOG

I had eleven blog posts in February and shared nine reviews: 


WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING

     


Reading: This isn't my usual kind of read and, to be honest, the only other time I tried something by Brenda Novak I ended up DNFing it. But something about this one appealed to me and I requested an ARC. I'm about 50% in and really enjoying this story that has three POV's: mother, daughter, and grandmother. I will say there's a lot of drama packed in because each of these women is dealing with some serious issues, but it's not feeling overdone or drifting into soap opera territory.  

Listening to: I listened to Cake, the first book in this series, last year and seriously loved it. Even though it's been almost a year, I still find myself thinking about sometimes. So I'm finally continuing the series and getting Kyle's story. I'm not too far in, and I've gotta admit I'm a bit wary because there's a reality show aspect and I am so not a fan of reality TV, whether it's watching it or reading about it. But I'm so interested in Kyle's journey that I'm going with it.


WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE READ IN FEBRUARY? 
WHAT ARE YOU READING NOW?

33 comments

  1. I'm so glad your family members have been able to get the vaccine! My in-laws had some side effects to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a relief to know they're more protected now.

      Delete
  2. So I don't watch or really like reality TV and I loved Kyle's book. I think I liked it even more than Cake. I'm hoping it's the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than Cake?! Not a chance! LOL But I really am enjoying it. It's two of my favorite narrators so that's a big bonus. And I really am loving Kyle.

      Delete
  3. I’m glad your mom and husband got their shots! My mom got her second shot last week. She had a sore arm, but I don’t think there were any other side effects. Happy March!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good feeling knowing they're better protected now.

      Delete
  4. You had a great month for reading! Glad your loved ones were fully vaccinated with no side effects! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Freda. I'm so glad that are better protected. Now I wait until I can get my own.

      Delete
  5. Do you know when you'll be eligible for the vaccine? I'm really hoping I'll be able to get it in the next week or two.

    I HOPE YOU'LL BE SHOWING OFF ALL OF YOUR FURNITURE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's going to be a while for me. They haven't opened it up yet beyond 65+, first responders and a few others. I'll definitely share furniture pics when it all arrives. :)

      Delete
  6. How cute you have a mini printer. I love the covers in your planner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being able to add the book covers. It really jazzes up the planner pages. :)

      Delete
  7. That’s great news about the vaccine, my parents, in-laws and husband have had their first doses which is a relief.

    Have a good month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a big relief. I'll be even happier when more people (beyond seniors) can get vaccinated.

      Delete
  8. Glad they got their shots. Our governor has decided to distribute shots based on age regardless of comorbidity so we got bumped out. We will be in the 50-64 age group. Ugh. Thankfully I work from home and my husband has been home since last March. Yay for audiobooks. I am with you on the reality TV...I refuse to watch any of them. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Kimberly. I think I'm in for quite a wait. But, like you, I work from home and my interaction with people is pretty rare.

      Delete
  9. My mom finally was able to get her first shot today. She is in her 70s and was too young to get it until this week. You had a great reading month! I hope that you have a fabulous March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that your mom finally got her first dose! Hopefully we'll all be able to do the same in the coming months.

      Delete
  10. My husband and I have had both vaccine doses as well. Perks of working at a hospital and dealing with Covid on a daily basis. Me and one family member, and there's such a relief with that! So happy the hubby and mom got their vaccines and I hope you get yours soon, too, Tanya! I'm excited for your new furniture! You must post pics! I'm getting a new kitchen very soon, and I'm thrilled!

    Oh, The Path to Sunshine rated 3.5 stars? I'll lower my expectations a bit. Love that your hubby supports your passion for reading with lovely gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really must be a relief to know that bot you and your husband are vaccinated. I'll be so glad when I am finally eligible.

      How exciting on the new kitchen! That's a big change. I hope you'll share pics, too!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I definitely enjoyed The Path to Sunshine Cove! 3.5 stars is quite good to me. No need to lower your expectations! :)

      Delete
  11. a 5 star read so early in the year!!! May you have many more.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I save those 5 stars for my unicorn reads so it was amazing to have one so early in the year.

      Delete
  12. I love your planner - it's so cute!! I really need to get one of those mini printers. I'm glad you liked Without You; that's one I want to read.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without You was a pleasant surprise. I didn't know what to expect and really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  13. I loved The Things we leave Unifinished too! And Torn even if I have read it years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torn really surprised me. At some point I want to continue the series.

      Delete
  14. We're slowly getting our first doses of vaccines around here. I was able to get mine yesterday. Texas seems to have much more relaxed requirements than other states, I guess. I'm sorry to see you didn't enjoy Love at First more. It was my first five-star read of 2021, but I am a sucker for romance. Ha! Happy reading in March! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great that you've been able to get your first vaccination dose. Good for you! I definitely seem to be in the minority with Love at First. Everyone else seems to have loved it!

      Delete
  15. That's so great that both your mom and hubby are now fully vaccinated. I really hope my family members can start getting their shots soon. I'm loving your planner too and am jealous of your super neat handwriting. I feel like I ruin my planners as soon as I write in them with my chicken scratch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. It's funny you say that because I always admire everyone else's handwriting. LOL

      Delete
  16. I love your reading journal and the quote you chose from The Things We Leave Unfinished, sigh, that moment, just sigh. And I picked The Things We Leave Unfinished as my favorite of the month too. I need to go binge the rest of the authors books, she writes such powerful stories!
    Jen @ Star-Crossed Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I have fun with my book planner. I don't really use it as a planner (I am so not a planner person) but the bookish aspect of it is right up my alley. :)

      Delete