The Sunday Post #284 | April 10, 2022

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

T H E   W E E K   I N   R E V I E W
 
Bi-weekly Sunday Posts seem to be the norm for me lately. Work has been crazy busy which means little time for posts doing the week. And by the weekend I'm mentally drained and being on the computer is the last thing I want to do. So yeah, posts have been few and far between. 😒

This morning (it's Saturday as I write this) my sister tested positive for Covid. :( On Friday she was telling me she thought she had the flu. By this morning she could hardly get out of bed. My brother-in-law took her to urgent care and, sure enough, it's Covid. I feel so bad for her. She just texted me me that this is worse than the flu and she's utterly miserable.

In better news (Part I), I won Maureen's blogoversary giveaway and she was kind enough to send me an Amazon gift card. Thank you so much, Maureen! 

In even better news (Part II), guess who will soon be attending her first NHL game?! In a couple weeks I'll be watching my favorite team, the Tampa Bay Lightning, live and in person. I am ridiculously excited and looking forward to a fun weekend of hockey in Tampa.

This week's 80's music fix is Radio Ga Ga (1984). Queen is such a favorite (Freddie Mercury is my favorite singer/entertainer ever) and I've been on a Queen listening binge for the last week or so. And apparently it continues. :) Enjoy!



O N   T H E   B L O G
 
Not a thing.

W H A T   I   R E A D
 



Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.25
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
Ignite (a Legacy short story) by Rebecca Yarros - ⭐⭐⭐⭐
My Unexpected Surprise (The Greene Family #5) by Piper Rayne - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.25
Baden (Pittsburgh Titans #1) by Sawyer Bennett - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.25


C U R R E N T L Y  R E A D I N G
 
     

Physical book: Once We Were Starlight by Mia Sheridan
Audio book: Challenge (Harris Brothers #1) by Amy Daws

N E W   A D D I T I O N S
 

I had a bit of a shopping spree on the Kennedy Fox site. 
I got the special edition covers of the Love in Isolation series. And the big series bind-up of the Bishop Brothers series. And since the Lawton Ridge series is getting new covers they had the original covers (which I prefer) marked down. So, hello gorgeous hard cover editions!


I also picked up Nightingale, the charity anthology in support of Ukraine. Since 100% of the royalties are going to human rights and relief organizations working in Ukraine, I went ahead and splurged on the hefty paperback version. 


T O T A L L Y   R A N D O M
 



HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?
I'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT!

41 comments

  1. Oh,I'm so sorry your sister has COVID! I hope she has a quick recovery. That's awesome about the hockey game, though - should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too, Angela. She's really struggling right now.
      I'm very excited for the hockey game! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she bounces back quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your sister has covid. I'm currently stuck at home with it so I feel her pain. I'm not as bad as her so I hope she recovers quickly. Last of fluids and rest and she should hopefully be through the worst of it. I'm happy to see some Psy Changeling and a Mariana Zapata book on your read books, I loved both so I always like seeing others enjoying them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky - Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you're down with it, too. Hope you feel better very soon. I really enjoyed the Psy-Changeling book , and I loved the Zapata book!

      Delete
  4. I really hope that your sister will get better very soon Tanya! Cases are increasing here as well and people usually feel like they get a big flu! Now yay for attending the NHL game soon! Sending hugs to your whole family!
    PS I am happy that you loved The Wall of Winnipeg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - That you, I hope so too. Numbers here are getting a bit better but that surely does not mean that Covid has gone away. My sister getting it has been a remind that we I need to continue being safe and vigilant.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear your sister is ailing and I hope she gets well soon. I count myself lucky that my covid was so mild. I had the flu once and it was far worse. Covid, it's a spectrum of symptoms and degrees. Have a great time at your hockey game. Should be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - Thanks. I feel terrible that she is down so hard with it. She told me again today that this is much worse than when she had the flu. :(

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about your sister, I really hope she gets better without a hitch. But hey, I hope you enjoy your time in Tampa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie - Thank you! I hope she starts to improve soon.

      Delete
  7. Oh no, your poor sister. It really is worse. I hope she feels better soon.
    Congrats on the win and have a great time at the game!

    I hope you enjoy all your new reads! Have a great week Tanya! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle - Thanks, I really hope she feels better soon. I feel terrible for her.
      Hope your week is off to a great start!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the win and getting to go to a Tampa Bay game! That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My youngest son tested positive yesterday, I’m rather anxious. I hope your sister recovers quickly
    I’ll have to look up Nightingale.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelleyrae - I'm so sorry to hear about your son! I hope he feels better quickly.

      Delete
  10. I hope your sister feels better soon. We are still careful because the rest of the world seems to be moving forward without any precautions. We got our 4th booster just over a week ago. Congrats on your win! I hope you have a great trip to Tampa. I always look forward to your Sunday posts.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and I hope you enjoyed Slave to Sensation. Nalini Singh is a goddess. The books just get better and better.

      Delete
    2. Anne - We're definitely still very cautious. Avoid crowds, always masked, etc. We have appointments for booster #2 in a few days. Truly enjoyed the Singh book and I'm excited to continue the series!

      Delete
  11. So sorry to hear about your sister and wishing her a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your sister feels well soon.

    You read so many great authors last week. I really want to pick something up from Nalini Singh. I always love the music you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia - Thank you, I hope she feels better quickly, too. I'd been wanting to try the Psy-Changeling series for years and I'm glad I finally did. I'm excited to continue the series!

      Delete
  13. Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your sister and hope she feels better soon. Definitely glad that you have some better news and something to look forward to. The NHL game sounds really fun. It's been far too long since I've been to a hockey game but I used to really enjoy them. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine - Thank you, I appreciate that. I've been to a few local hockey games but it's a far cry from the pros. :) I'm super excited to see the Lightning live and in person!

      Delete
  14. I've hardly been posting so I can relate. I'm sorry to hear abou8t your sister. Even though so many people have normalized this thing, it's still devastating tog et it and often quite dangerous for many. I hope she is okay and doesn't have too bad a case...

    Congrats on the hockey game! I've been to a few red Wings games and they're fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Greg. I feel that many have the attitude that they're bound to get it so what's the big deal. I continue to be cautious and am determined not to get it. I would be devastated if I passed it on to my husband or mother.

      I'm so excited about the hockey game!

      Delete
  15. I hope your sister recovers quickly from COVID. I just love Queen, and Radio Ga Ga is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy - Thanks very much, I hope so too! Wasn't Queen the best?! And Radio Ga Ga is one of my faves. too. :)

      Delete
  16. Oh no! :( I hope your sister feels better soon. It sounds like it hit her hard.
    You're reading Psy-Changeling?? I'm so excited to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick - It really has hit her hard. I feel terrible for her.
      Yes! I just finished the first Psy-Changeling book and I'm so excited to continue the series! :)

      Delete
  17. I really hope your sister recovers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry your sister is sick. I hope she feels better soon. We've had a couple of friends come down with covid the past week. I think it's going to head back up in case numbers, sadly. I'm sorry you've been so busy, but you've read some great books. I also got Nightingale, but the ebook. I don't know that I would want to lug that book around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had some real hits over the last two weeks. The Wall of Winnipeg and Me, Baden, Slave to Sensation... all so good!

      Delete
  19. I definitely hear you on being drained, and I hope you get energized. I am sorry to hear about your sister and hope she recovers well. Its one of those things that either doesn't affect you much or puts you out for days.

    And it looks like you had some great books read!!! Thats always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee - Thanks. She's doing a bit better today but is still dealing with coughing, congestion and exhaustion. But she seems to be past the worst of it.

      Delete
  20. Sometimes, it is incredibly hard to get on the computer after being at work all day. That's why I don't all keep up with blog hopping. You haven't been to a hockey game?! You will have a great time. We would go to see the Blues a lot more but it is just too expensive. Congrats on the giftcard win! I hope that you have a great week and enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole - Nope, no NHL games. We have a local minor league team and I've been to a few of those, but it's just not the same caliber or excitement. I love the Blues! They're probably my second favorite (behind the Lightning). In fact, the first year I got into hockey was when the Blues won the Cup in 2019. :)

      Delete