Top Ten Tuesday: Thankful Edition


 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.


This Week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic:
THANKFUL
 
This week's topic is actually "cozy reads" but it wasn't speaking to me. Since I wasn't 
able to post last week, I'm going to backtrack a bit and do the "thankful" prompt because 
have plenty to be thankful for. 


B O O K I S H

1. Great Reads
It's been a wonderful year of reading and I've had some real stand-outs. I am always 
thankful for the escapism of reading and the gift of a great story.

    

2. Page flags and Mildliners
Hand-in-hand with those great reads are two items that are never far from my side. Page 
flags and Mildliner highlighters are a mainstay when it comes to annotating and note-
taking. And they make me happy. :)

3. New-to-me Authors
I love my tried and true authors. The ones I return to book after book. But there's no 
denying the thrill of discovering a new-to-me author who becomes a new favorite. 
This year I'm so thankful to have discovered Catherine Cowles, Mariana Zapata, 
and Nalini Singh.

4. Heartstopper
I am not a TV watcher and up until this spring I couldn't tell you the last time I actively
followed a show (it's been years). But then Heartstopper was adapted and I found myself
getting Netflix (who am I?) so I could experience it for myself. The adaptation from
the books is *chef's kiss* and I have watched each episode with those precious characters
several times. So thankful for this show that is like a warm hug to the heart.


5. Book Blogger Friends
There have been times over the past year when I have questioned why I still blog, and if
I want to continue to blog. But I would miss the book blogging community and the 
special people that I connect with through our shared love of books and reading. I can't
name everyone, but here are just some of those who make my days brighter: Sam @ We 


B E Y O N D   B O O K I S H

6. Health
In the age of Covid, I am more thankful than ever for my health. While a handful of 
family members have had it, they have all recovered. And while there have been some
health scares with my mother, my sister, and my brother-in-law in the past year, my 
husband and I have stayed healthy and well. 

7. The Husband
Speaking of the man himself, I am grateful every single day for my husband. After 31 
years together, he is still my best friend, my biggest support, and the person I admire 
most. It doesn't hurt that he's super cute, and can make me laugh like no one else. :)

8. Home
I am so thankful for (what I hope is) my forever home. There is no place I would
rather be than inside the safety and comfort of its four walls.

9. Travel
While my travel has certainly been curtailed over the past almost-three years, there was 
one trip this year that left a lasting impression. The Husband and I traveled a couple hours 
south and saw our first in-person NHL game. Attending a Tampa Lightning game was a 
total bucket list item and we made the most of it with fourth row seats right behind the 
player's bench. An unforgettable night! I'm so thankful we had the means to make that 
wish a reality.

10. Holidays
I love it all. From the music, to the food, to the décor (especially the décor), I love all 
that the holidays bring and I am so thankful to experience it with family by my side. 

38 comments

  1. This is such a lovely list! Welcome back to TTT.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-cozy-reads/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful list, and I am glad you had a good reading year. And I had not heard of the Heartstopper TV adaptation before reading this post -- so thank YOU! ~Lex (lexlingua.co)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lex - Heartstopper was a total highlight for me this year! :)

      Delete
  3. *Happy Tears* I am honored to be among your blogging friends, and I love having you as one of mine. It's good to have someone in my circle who always gets all my pop culture references (LOL) New-to-Me authors is a favorite of mine as well. It ensures I will always have something to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVED this list, and wow I feel so humbled that you included me on your list! You are definitely the bright spot for blogging for me as well. I adored Kulti, that one is such a winner! Yeah I love everything about the Christmas holidays, its so festive and the music is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Renee! I'm glad we both have all the Christmas goodness to look forward to!

      Delete
  5. This is such a great reminder of how much we all have to be thankful for this year. Like you, I've toyed with the idea of ending my blog, but I keep coming back to how much I enjoy reading and interacting with all my blogging friends. I'd miss everyone too much to stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ethan. Blogging is so time-consuming and I'm just not one who is going to sacrifice reading time or time with the husband to blog. But yes, I would definitely miss all my blogging friends. :)

      Delete
  6. What wonderful things to be thankful for! I am also thankful for our friendship through blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this list! There are so many things to be grateful for and I know that I sometimes forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I try to practice gratitude daily but sometimes forget.

      Delete
  8. A lovely list.

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/29/top-ten-tuesday-cosy-reads/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I love this list! Definitely grateful for many of the same things - husband, home, health, and Henry of course! And thank you for the shout-out! I'm so glad we've become blogging buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely list! Heartstopper has been a highlight of my year as well, and of course the blogging community is just amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many wonderful things to be thankful for! I hope you have a happy holiday season!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/cozy-gift-ideas-for-book-lovers/

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this post! So fitting. I have finally downloaded the first Heartstopper episode, but I haven't watched it yet. I hear from so many that you can't watch it just once.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful list. Great to see all the blessings in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your list! I know I'm very thankful for home, family, good health, great books, and book blogging friends, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, this is a lovely list! I'm thankful for most of these things as well. Well, okay, not #2 since I don't use them and not #4 since I'm also not a t.v. watcher and have never heard of this show. Everything else, though :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent list and I feel like it covers all the bases - personal to bookish. I agree that blogging is time consuming, but I still find it enjoyable and rewarding and just love the bloggers that introduce me to new books and authors. So fun!
    Since I work, it's often late on Tuesdays before I can visit everyone, but....here I am :)
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/ttt-cozy-reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it when I discover a new author who really impacts me. Becky Chambers was like that. And #5- thank you. I'm honored. I agree, it's the people that keep me blogging- and everyone on your list is fantastic.

    I agree about the holidays too. Give me all the holiday cheer! and there's something about an NHL game. Those were great seats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful post, Tanya! We do have so much to be thankful for. I do love the book blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This reminds me that I still need to read and watch Heartstopper. Thanks for including me on your list. I'm thankful for your friendship too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great list! It does sound like you have a lot to be thankful for. :-) I sometimes put together a holiday letter for family and almost didn't this year because it's been such a difficult year on so many levels. I found it kind of cathartic though--the bad stuff was bad but there was a lot of good worth celebrating too.

    And now you have me wanting to search for my page flags. I know I have some. I always end up tearing off scraps of paper and using those instead. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! What a fantastic year you've had :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful list, Tanya! I'm so very thankful for bookish escapes, book bloggers, and midliners too! I'm obsessed with the pastel colours. And Heartstopper—YAAAS! 😍 This show and the graphic novels are just... everything! It's so so wonderful. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  23. So much to be thankful for. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/29/top-ten-tuesday-396/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww you made me tear up here Tanya! And laugh too with your husband being cute and making you laugh LOL Now that you have begun to watch Netflix go on to Wadnesday Addams LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aw, I love this post - and I agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the mention, Tanya! Your posts always brighten my day too! Love catching up on your life events on Sundays and then getting your views on books other days. You mentioned some of my favorite bloggers as well! I love this post because I think one of the keys to happiness is to be thankful! It's a good reminder to review the positives in life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a lovely post! Idk why but I extra love that you have Netflix bwhahah. If you feel like trying something else, may I suggest The 100? 😂 But it really is wonderful that you have so very much to be thankful for ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a wonderful post! I'm so thankful to have discovered Mariana Zapata and Heartstopper this year, as well. And I'm glad you continue to blog! I get so many recommendations from you. :)

    ReplyDelete