The Sunday Post #339 | June 18, 2023

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

This is my first Sunday Post in three weeks and it feels good to be checking in again. Our getaway in early June was botched by sickness (me, not The Husband). I'm still dealing with a nasty cough (I am so tired of sounding like I am hacking up a lung) and fatigue, but overall am doing much better.

My appetite dwindled to almost non-existent while I was sick and my diet for about two weeks was so random. One day I wanted nothing but a banana and animal crackers. Another day it was scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes (not at the same time lol). I've since moved on to small kid meals and The Husband has been bouncing from one restaurant to another getting me take-out kid meals from different places. I am now well versed on who has the best chicken fingers. 😉

The Stanley Cup playoffs are over and I was thrilled to see the Vegas Golden Knights win. I was more than a little disgruntled to see the Florida Panthers make it all the way to the finals. I just wanted someone - anyone - to take them down. Any self-respecting Lightning fan has no love for the Panthers. Big inter-state rivalry. So, way to go, Golden Knights! LOL

This week's throwback song is Do Anything (1991) by Natural Selection. Loved this one when it came out. I remember thinking it was Prince at first. :) Enjoy!



ON THE BLOG


Wednesday, June 14

Friday, June 16


WHAT I READ

      

Kindle: Damnable Grace by Tillie Cole - 4.5★

Audio: Beautifully Broken Control by Catherine Cowles - 4★


CURRENTLY READING

      

Kindle: Hendrix by Sawyer Bennett

Audio: Beautifully Broken Redemption by Catherine Cowles


NEW ADDITIONS

I added several physical copies this week which is not something I do often.
First up was a special edition of Corinne Michael's new release, Forbidden Hearts.
Then a physical copy of Damnable Grace. I am so hooked on that series


Next up was a physical copy of Still Beating. It's sure to be among my favorites of the year.


And finally, a special edition of Pam Godwin's Knotted. This is from the Fabled Co.
book box. It has a dust jacket but the hardcover is just too pretty to cover up. 
The foiling, the painted edges... so gorgeous!



TOTALLY RANDOM





HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

30 comments

  1. I wondered if you were rooting for the Panthers. :) Well, just as well then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done that. Taken a picture so I could read something. LOL! You stumped me this week with the song. That's new to me. Glad you a feeling better, and there really is nothing wrong with mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - That's definitely one of the signs... "you know you're getting older when..." LOL My husband has taken to keeping a magnifying glass in the kitchen for food labels/cooking instructions. :)

      Delete
  3. That rivalry between hockey clubs is what we have here between soccer teams Tanya! I am glad to know that you are feeling better and that kid food could help LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - I don't usually pay much attention to sports rivalries, but when it's another Florida team... well that changes things. LOL

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been under the weather. My husband was diagnosed with a chronic illness at the start of the month, so we've been slowly adjusting to that new reality. I'm glad your changes are proving to be temporary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethan - I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I so hope it's nothing too serious or life-altering.

      Delete
  5. Sorry you were sick, Tanya! Happy to see you back! I also miss interacting with everyone when I don't post on Sunday. Kid meals are the best! Sometimes when I can't find anything I like on a menu I'll ask if I can order the kids and tell them to charge me the adult price, lol.

    Bill Foley (the owner of the Vegas Golden Knights) owns the Rock Creek Cattle Company Golf Resort in Montana. The place we stay at when we go since our SIL is a member. The team was there this last week celebrating their win so my daughter, SIL and the grandkids met them and took pics with the team. My grandson was so very excited!

    That special edition is so pretty! That random is so me! Hope you feel better, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I linked that zucchini recipe and here it is if you don't get back over to the blog:

      https://skinnyms.com/oven-baked-zucchini-chips/#wprm-recipe-container-529183

      I substitute heavy cream for the milk and set the oven to air fry at the same temp. :)

      Delete
    2. Rachel - Kid meals portions are so much more reasonable. But I've found some place will not allow you to order from the kids menu. So annoying. Takeout alleviates that problem since they don't know it's for me. Ha!

      That is so cool that your family got to meet the team and get pics! I was so happy to see them win. They played so well throughout the entire playoff season.

      Thanks for the link! Somehow I totally missed it in your post.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you're back to 100% soon! Kids meals are good at any time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. And I agree... kid meals for the win! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry you're still not feeling 100%. Hopefully that changes this week. Those were some interesting meal choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna. I am doing better, it's just a lot slower than I would like. :)

      Delete
  8. Lingering coughs are the worst! Hope you're back to 100% soon. And I love your song choice for this week. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark - I agree! If I could just stop coughing I would feel so much better.

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry you were sick. Coughs are so frustrating as they often keep one up at night. I hope you will be feeling tip top soon and enjoying all the normal foods!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Yes, the coughing is driving me batty, but it's getting better (slowly!).

      Delete
  10. Sorry you were sick! I think it is hilarious that the hockey finals were between two teams in HOT climates. So funny! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry you've been sick. There's been some respiratory virus hitting hard here and it seems like everyone has a hacking cough. It's so frustrating because those lingering coughs just seem to go on forever! Enjoy your chicken fingers and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine - Yes! You are so right. The cough takes forever to go away and that always worries me because then I get concerned that I'm not really getting well. So annoying.

      Delete
  12. Glad you are feeling better!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're feeling better! I had the cough/sinus infection in May, was so glad when it finally went away. Of course the air quality right now doesn't help with my asthma either! That song, wow, what a blast from the past! Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - I know so many people who have been sick with sinus infections and respiratory infections. It's crazy. And a little scary when you already have asthma. Hope your week is off to a good start!

      Delete
  14. So happy to see you back to doing your weekly recaps! I have missed seeing you! Sorry to hear you are under the weather though. Suffering from lack of appetite is the worst for sure. Interesting combinations there haha LOVE Tillie Cole and I really need to return to that series. And Still Beating is such a wonderful book. Hope you are enjoying that Catherine Cowles. Her writing is just the best, I love how she writes small towns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Renee! You are the sweetest. :) I was surprised at how hooked I became so quickly on the Tillie Cole series. I'll be so sad to say goodbye to the Hangmen.

      Delete
  15. Aww, so sorry to hear you've been sick! I just loved Still Beating. And I'm glad you're still loving Cole's series. I can't wait to continue!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison - I was so blown away by Still Beating. I can't wait to read more by Hartmann!

      Delete