Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books | Second Half of 2023

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.


This Week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic:
Most Anticipated Books | Second Half of 2023
 
This one is a little tricky for me. The vast majority of what I read are indie romances, which means that publish dates aren't set months and months in advance. I recently received notice from a traditionally published author that I follow announcing a book that is releasing in eight months. That's just not the case with indie/self-publishing. Indie/self-publishing generally moves a lot faster than traditional publishing, so often there's a lot less advance notice of new releases. 

I also shared a few upcoming release in last week's TTT post about my summer TBR. And since I don't want to repeat those releases from just a week ago, my list is pretty abbreviated this week - just five most anticipated releases in the second half of 2023.


IN THE LIKELY EVENT
Rebecca Yarros
July 2023

When Izzy Astor gets on a plane to go home, she isn’t expecting much. It’s the usual holiday travel experience: busy, crowded, stressful.

Then she spots her seatmate, who is anything but ordinary. Nate Phelan sports dark hair, blue eyes, and a deliciously rugged charm that Izzy can’t resist. Their connection is undeniable. Izzy never believed in destiny before, but she does now.

Just ninety seconds after takeoff, their plane goes down in the Missouri River.

Their lives change. They change. Nate goes on to a career in the military while Izzy finds her way into politics. Despite a few chance encounters over the years, the timing never feels right.

Then comes a high-stakes reunion in Afghanistan, where Nate is tasked with protecting Izzy’s life.
He’ll do anything to keep her safe. And everything to win her heart.


10 THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED
Alexis Hall
October 2023

Sam Becker loves―or, okay, likes―his job. Sure, managing a bed and bath retailer isn't exactly glamorous, but it's good work and he gets on well with the band of misfits who keep the store running. He could see himself being content here for the long haul. Too bad, then, that the owner is an infuriating git.

Jonathan Forest should never have hired Sam. It was a sentimental decision, and Jonathan didn't get where he is by following his heart. Determined to set things right, Jonathan orders Sam down to London for a difficult talk…only for a panicking Sam to trip, bump his head, and maybe accidentally imply he doesn't remember anything?

Faking amnesia seemed like a good idea when Sam was afraid he was getting sacked, but now he has to deal with the reality of Jonathan's guilt―as well as the unsettling fact that his surly boss might have a softer side to him. There's an unexpected freedom in getting a second shot at a first impression…but as Sam and Jonathan grow closer, can Sam really bring himself to tell the truth, or will their future be built entirely on one impulsive lie?


GLIMMERS OF YOU
Catherine Cowles
August 2023

He hadn’t always just been my brother’s best friend. There was a time when he was mine, too. Until he disappeared from our small town when I needed him the most.

Now, Caden’s back. With his cocky smirk and infuriating nicknames. And I’m struggling to ignore his presence.

When my ex refuses to leave me alone, Caden steps in, suggesting that it will get my ex and Caden’s calculating father off both our backs if we just pretend to be madly in love.

There’s just one problem… Nothing I feel for Caden Shaw is fake—even when I thought I hated him. And there’s no denying how the touch of his lips sparks a flame I’ll never be able to extinguish.

As those pretend moments start to turn oh so real, someone’s watching. They’re not happy about Caden’s new role in my life. And they’ll do anything to rip me away from him—even burn us all to the ground.


BAIN
Sawyer Bennett
November 2023

I loved playing for the Arizona Vengeance but I’m stoked to be part of the legacy the Pittsburgh Titans is building. A team that has risen from the ashes, I’m eager to help them achieve their goal of winning a championship. I’m also looking forward to becoming part of a new hockey family. A night out with my new mates introduces me to the little sister of our goalie, Drake McGinn, and I’m powerless to resist her.

Keira and I have an instant and insatiable attraction and it doesn’t take long before we find ourselves tangled up in one another. While Drake has declared his sister off limits, I’m not deterred because I always go for what I want. I refuse to heed Drake’s warnings and take great pleasure in goading him every chance I get. It’s become one of my favorite hobbies, outside of making his sister scream my name.

As things with Keira get hotter, feelings start to develop making it a little more complicated than we intended. But a bucket of ice-cold water is tossed on our relationship and we’re forced to reprioritize everything. Neither of us were looking for more than a hot fling but fates get twisted all the time. Faced with tough decisions, Keira and I know that no matter what choices we make, our lives are never going to be the same.


BROKEN DREAMS
Corinne Michaels
December 2023

Corinne Michaels brings you an epic small-town, fake dating romance. Addison Davis is ready to love again, and needs a date to a wedding, refusing to go alone. What she wasn’t ready for was the terrible selection pool. Grady Whitlock needs a date for his business parties, so they team up and agree to fake date each other, their broken dreams might mend in a way they weren’t prepared for.



What upcoming release are you most excited for?

54 comments

  1. I know, I felt like I posted a lot of my reads last week, but I had enough to cobble together a post without duplicates. In the Likely Event sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - I hope to squeeze in In the Likely Event this month.

      Delete
  2. Ten Things That Never Happened sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing the books you are seeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to catch up to you with the Titians books - love that series! I want to read the Cowels book I have as well. She seems well liked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - I love seeing Catherine Cowles latest releases get so much love.

      Delete
  4. I have the same problem! I wish Indie books could have their publication dates set further in advance so I could include more of them in my seasonal TBR posts.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 Things That Never Happened sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In The Likely Event sounds good! I haven't read any of Yarros books, not even Fourth Wing yet lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly - Yarros is a favorite so I have high hopes for both her latest releases.

      Delete
  7. I also want to read that Yarros book and that Cowles book! I hope they are as good as their others. I'm sure we will love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - I am sure we will. Yarros and Cowles are so dependable.

      Delete
  8. I'm really interested in 10 Things That Never Happened!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea what's coming out anymore lol but I hope you get to read and love all of these Tanya!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - I know about my favorite authors only because of their newsletter announcements. Beyond that I have no clue. lol

      Delete
  10. I'm really excited for 10 Things That Never Happened!

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren - So great to have one from Alexis Hall to look forward to!

      Delete
  11. In the Likely Event sounds interesting! I don't reading a lot of contemporary romance these days, but that one looks closer to romantic suspense. And the new Alexis Hall sounds cute. I hope you're able to read all of these this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark - I'm definitely intrigued by the premise of In the Likely Event.

      Delete
  12. I'm definitely looking forward to the new Catherine Cowles novel. And In The Likely Event sounds like a good one to me, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you enjoy all of these when you get the chance to read them.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/late-2023-most-anticipated-canadian-releases/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that indie is so much faster. Traditional publishing just seems to take forever nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg - Traditional publishing seems to move at a snail's pace. I'm seeing authors mention completed novels that won't be published until 2025!

      Delete
  15. I am just amazed by how fast some of these authors write. I know that Rebecca Yarros has at least 2 other releases scheduled this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole - You're right! That will be three 2023 releases for Yarros. She's on a roll!

      Delete
  16. I hope you love them! Not knowing about upcoming books is one of my struggles with indie publishing. There are so many books! And they come out so randomly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aj - It's tricky trying to stay on top of indie releases. The dates change and sometimes they're just a surprise.

      Delete
  17. I've seen IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT on a number of lists so far. It does sound good. I might have to give it a go. I hope you enjoy all these!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan - I can always count on Rebecca Yarros to deliver an amazing story.

      Delete
  18. 10 things that never happened is also on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rebecca Yarros has ANOTHER book coming out this year? That's three books she'll have out in 2023, that's quite the heavy release schedule!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/06/27/top-ten-tuesday-426/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can see how the indie books would affect the release dates. Hopefully you'll get a lot of amazing releases over the second half of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm looking forward to each of these as well, though, I do have some series reads to catch up on first for some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison - As much as I adore a good series, it does get tricky keeping up with them all!

      Delete
  22. I'm looking forward to so many of these books. Thanks for sharing this list.

    ReplyDelete
  23. In the Likely Event is one I've had my eye on for a while

    Ash @ Essentially Ash
    Bookstagram | Personal Insta | TikTok | Goodreads

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have such a large pile of books at the moment that it is hard to anticipate new ones. That being said, Megan Goldin has a sequel to her novel The Night Swim that I'm really looking forward to reading in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethan - I saw you review her latest a couple weeks ago. Nice to see it was as good as you'd hoped!

      Delete
  25. Indie is so much faster! Which has its pros and cons. They come out so fast, I can't keep up. ;) I hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dedra - It is hard to keep up sometimes! But I'd rather that than waiting a year in between books!

      Delete
  26. I'm excited about 10 Things That Never Happened too. Hope you'll love all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm looking forward to the latest by Yarros too :)

    ReplyDelete