The Sunday Post #358 | February 18, 2024

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

Happy Sunday, friends! How was your week? I took off Friday so I could enjoy a four-day weekend (tomorrow being President's Day). It's amazing what an extra day or two of downtime can do for you. 

On Tuesday I attended another event with author Emily Rath. It was a program at one of the local libraries and there was an interview, a Q&A session, and then a signing. Such a fun night!

    


BookBub shared some good stuff on their blog this week: a list of new paranormal romances, their favorite twisty thrillers, and the biggest book-to-movie adaptations coming this year.

Instead of a throwback song this week, I'm going to share this 80's movies compilation that I came across. I recognized all the scenes/movies except one. (And I have no idea why Saturday Night Fever was included since it's from the 70's.) Anyway, do you recognize all these scenes/movies? 😀


ON THE BLOG


Not a thing this week.


WHAT I READ

     

Audio/Kindle: Ashes of You by Catherine Cowles - 4.25★
Kindle: Pucking Ever After: Volume II by Emily Rath - 4.5★


CURRENTLY READING

     

eARC: Expiration Dates by Rebecca Serle
Audio: Something Like Love by Piper Rayne

NEW ADDITIONS


Nothing this week.

TOTALLY RANDOM



HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

26 comments

  1. I don't know that song but I have seen every film in the clip. Glad you are enjoying your four day weekend. I am already thinking about how we have no holidays in April. Going to have to schedule a day off. I need at least one day per month. Hope you are enjoying the Serle book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - I didn't know the song either, but the movie clips were fun to see and identify. My company does offer until another holiday until the end of May. Ugh! Will definitely have to take some time off in the interim. I finished the Serle book last night. Oof.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the long weekend.

    I did NOT know all the scenes but Risky Business... WEird Science... :):)):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg - Weird Science was so fun. Silly and over the top, but fun. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Alicia - Right? I feel like an 80's movie binge now. lol

      Delete
  4. Oooh enjoy your long weekend Tanya! And I have seen every film in that clip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! So fun to see all those old movie clips. :)

      Delete
  5. Glad you are able to get a break - I think February frays the soul simply by being February... And thank you for a really interesting list of books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sjhigbee - Hope you are feeling better and have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  6. Nice. A four day weekend is amazing. Enjoy!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne - Amazing what an extra day or two can do! The 4 day weekend was just what I needed.

      Delete
  7. I haven't read any of these. Nice of you to get a nice long break. They actually took our kids day off away due to a snow day they had. Kind of a bummer but oh well..thankfully we had nothing planned for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hena - That's too bad about the kids missing the day off! Glad it didn't mess up any plans.

      Delete
  8. I am a tragic 80’s girl so that was fun to watch.

    Wishing you a happy reading week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your day off! I love a 4-day weekend. :D And I recognized about half of those movie scenes: Pretty in Pink, The Karate Kid, Flashdance, Risky Business, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Can't Buy Me Love...but I didn't know the others. Fun clips. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark - Those 4 days weekends are few and far between, but they do me a world of good! :)

      Delete
  10. Ugh, working at an accounting firm means we get no holidays until after tax season ends! I hope you enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela - No holidays until after tax season sounds miserable! I imagine they discourage (or even forbid) PTO during that time, too?

      Delete
  11. It's always nice to have extra time off! Yay for another fun author event, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - Gotta love those long weekends! And it was fun to see Emily again. The previous event was a signing only so it was nice to sit down and enjoy a long, chatty interview.

      Delete
  12. Love that extra time off! My husband took an extra day as well. That's awesome you got to go to another event for an author you love. I loved that 80's movies compilation. It makes me want to watch some of them again. Maybe I can talk my daughter into it. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Serle book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - How great that your husband was able to take an extra day off, too. I swear, the 4 day weekend felt so long and was just what I needed. Seeing that compilation made me want to watch all the 80's movies again, too! lol As for the Serle book... oy vey. I finished it yesterday and my main thought was I was just glad to be done with it. Oof.

      Delete
  13. I don't know that I ever jumped from one couch to another but I do know my cousins and I were tough on hotel rooms because we were always jumping from bed to bed for this very reason! The author event looks really fun. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great week you have had there. And that author event sounds like a blast there. I am not into RH but I am definitely tempted to because everyone raves about her work.

    ReplyDelete