The Sunday Post #357 | February 11, 2024

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

Happy Sunday, friends! How was your week? It was a busy week at the office and I was so worn out and dragging by Friday. I was like, bring on the weekend!

I was watching the Tampa Bay Lightning game Wednesday night when one of my favorite players had a bad fall after taking a hit from one of the opposing team's players. It was immediately obvious it was bad and he was taken off the ice on a stretcher. Turns out both bones in his lower leg fractured. I was heartsick watching it and I feel terrible for the poor guy. He's surely done for the season so I guess we'll see how the team adjusts without him. 😟

I am loving this Taylor Swift-inspired Super Bowl commercial. And the fact that it's a real-life dad and daughter... I'm done. Just go ahead and hand me a Kleenex. 

For those of you in the U.S., do you plan on watching the Super Bowl tonight? Who are you pulling for you? Or are you more like, "oh, is there a game today?" 😄 My team didn't even make the play-off's so I have no stake in the outcome, but I would like to see the Chiefs win. I like Patrick Mahomes. And, while I wouldn't consider myself a Taylor Swift fan (I do like her music), I think she and Travis Kelce are adorable together. So there's that. lol

Since it is Super Bowl Sunday, this week's song seems kind of obvious. The only question is: which team will be singing it? 😉


ON THE BLOG


Tuesday, February 6

Thursday, February 8


WHAT I READ

      

Audio: Like the Wind by J. Bengtsson - 4.25★
Kindle: Something Like Lust (Chicago Grizzlies #2) by Piper Rayne - 4.25★


CURRENTLY READING


Audio: Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar #2) by Devney Perry

NEW ADDITIONS


Trade Paperback: Ashes of You (Lost & Found #5) by Catherine Cowles

TOTALLY RANDOM


HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

18 comments

  1. Happy Lunar New Year! And Super Bowl Sunday! Ha. And oh y gosh yes that song. My dad used to take me to hockey games when I was a kid and they always played that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those sweet commercials even if they have nothing to do with the product. Balance of Nature had one where there was a reel of the mom leaving all these sweet notes for her son. When he's grown, he comes home for the holidays with all those notes in the box, and then they talk about the supplement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the commercials they do for the Super Bowl. I like football and tv in general. I just never seem to make time for any tv except the cooking shows while cooking dinner. I hate to see any sports players get hurt.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll probably end up watching a little bit of the game - I mostly watch for the commercials and the half time show! But I do have squares in our company Super Bowl poo, so we'll see if I win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hate seeing players get hurt. It's heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun watching the Super Bowl Tanya! And my week was super tiring too! I hope next week will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I forgot about the game, but I am excited for Taylor Swift. However, I will never stay up late enough to watch. My bedtime is 9 (I get up at 5). That poor hockey player! That had to hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet commercial! I'm much more into college football than NFL so I'm rarely super interested in the Super Bowl but we always watch it. This year I'll probably pay more attention than I usually do. That's awful about Sergachev. How heartbreaking for him, the team and the fans. And ouch! I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That poor player! I wasn't really invested in either team, I wanted to see Usher perform but I was happy to see the Chiefs wins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so sad for that hockey player. My team (Seahawks) didn't make it either, obviously. We have a big rivalry with the 49ers, so I was team Chiefs. I probably wouldn't have watched the actual game, but I was there for the Taylor-Travis fun. I was mainly there for the Usher concert. lol. I hope you're loving Letters to Molly. That and The Birthday List are my favorite Perry books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, that is the first I've seen that commercial and I love it! I was so excited to see the Chiefs win, it took me a minute at the end to realize we'd won as I guess I wasn't completely clear on how the new OT rules worked. I need to make sure to check out your review of the Something Like Lust! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Last week felt so long! I was super glad to reach the weekend. And I feel so bad for that hockey player breaking both bones in his leg. Ouch! Didn't really watch much of the Superbowl, just clicked over once in awhile to see who was ahead. Close ending. Hope you have a less busy week this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch! I always hate seeing players get hurt. It's hard to watch. The commercial was super cute! I went to a Super Bowl party, but I was amongst the majority that were saying they were just there for the food. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. My heart goes out that poor guy breaking both of his legs! I don't really watch the Superbowl, but we went to a party and I caught pieces of it. Watched some of the commercials and half time, too. Was rooting for the Chiefs. I think Taylor and Travis are a cute couple, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was rooting for the Chiefs too, purely because of their connection to Taylor Swift lol. My husband is a huge fan of hers, so we had no choice but to root for them. The game ended up being such a nail biter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying for the player. Have a beautiful day. I hope you’re doing well. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been dragging lately too. I can't decide if it's business at work or if I'm just over winter. I watched the Super Bowl but wasn't really rooting for anyone. I mainly tuned in for Usher, lol.

    ReplyDelete