Top Ten Tuesday: Quitters Edition

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme 


This week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic (oh, the alliteration!) is Ten Bookish Things I Want to/Have Quit. This could be interpreted several ways: ten book series I'm going to abandon, ten bookish habits I want to quit, ten authors I quit reading, ten books I DNF'd. The possibilities are endless. 

I'm not choosing just one topic... I'm mixing it up. I'm wild like that. So here's what makes me a big quitter:

Books I Quit (DNF's) 

 

Friday Night Lights - Joanna Trollope
Please Don't Tell - Elizabeth Adler

It's exceedingly rare that I quit a book. I can usually find something redeeming enough to make me stick with it and push through. These two? Not so much. One was painfully slow and boring and one was painfully cringe worthy. Be gone with you, books!

Authors I Quit

  

Sarah Dessen
Jennifer E. Smith
Karen Robards

With these authors I can honestly say I tried (2-3 books each). And they're just not for me. 

Series I Quit

  
 

Mara Dyer trilogy - Michelle Hodkin
The Raven Cycle - Maggie Stiefvater
The Remnant Chronicles - Mary E. Pearson
Doon series - Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon
Half-Bad trilogy - Sally Green

Oh yeah, I'm ready for the gasps of shock, the disbelief, the boos and hisses. Unpopular though it may be, I won't be continuing any of these series. Whether I didn't like the writing, didn't connect with the story, disliked the characters... these are all first books in a series that were so underwhelming to me that I quit after one book.

So what have you quit? An author you're done with? A habit you've ditched? 
A book you didn't finish? Let's discuss! :)



No comments