Is anyone else super excited for the live action Beauty and the Beast movie? I can't wait for March! My lovely friend Hope just did a Beauty and the Beast tag and I enjoyed her video and her answers so much that I thought I would join in the fun. I've mentioned Hope several times before and I feel so blessed to know her. If you don't already follow this little ray of sunshine, you should! :)
Now on with the questions...
1. Belle: She just wants more than this provincial life. Name a book that takes you to another place.
I'm going with A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. I loved all the different locations in this one and I felt like SJM did a fantastic job in making it come to life. I could envision Velaris so clearly, right along with the House of Wind, the Court of Nightmares, the Summer Court, and beyond.
2. Beast: He can be a bit scary, but inside he's a softie. Choose a book whose cover doesn't match the story.
The Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. They're not bad looking covers but they seem to have absolutely nothing to do with the actual stories. Not exactly great representation.
3. Maurice: Belle's eccentric but lovable father. Choose a book that is out of your comfort zone or your normal reads, but you ended up loving it.
Fantasy just isn't usually my genre. But The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye? Loved it! The Russian setting, the magic system... so glad I took a chance on that one!
4. Mrs. Potts: Nurturing and motherly character. Choose a character who takes care of others like a mother might.
Marge from I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios. Marge owned the run down motel where Sky and Josh worked and was like a surrogate mother to them both when they needed it most.
5. Chip: Adorable and makes us smile. Choose your favorite children's book. (I couldn't find a picture of Chip 😢)
Corduroy by Don Freeman. This precious little book came out the year I was born and I have some fond memories of getting it from the library with my mom (many, many times). I loved reading about the adorable little bear's adventures while he searched for his missing button.
6. Gaston: Smarmy and arrogant. Choose a character who's over the top with his (or her) arrogance.
I'm agreeing with Hope's answer on this one because it has to be Daemon Black from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series. ♥ Daemon's arrogance and cockiness knows no bounds. Not exactly a modest guy. But it always feels so tongue in cheek and that keeps him from being obnoxious. LOL
7. Lumiere: Smooth-talking, swoon-worthy Casanova. Choose a character with these characteristics.
Garrett from The Deal by Elle Kennedy. Smooth-talking (without being a jerk) and swoon-worthy (for sure) is a great description of Garrett. Is it any wonder he's a favorite book boyfriend?
8. Cogsworth: He was a bossy, no-nonsense leader of the household. Choose a character who takes charge and is the voice of reason for those around them.
Connor Cobalt from the Addicted series by Krista & Becca Ritchie. Connor is always the smartest man in the room (just ask him, he'll tell you) and he is able to remain calm in any situation. Connor has long been a leader and the one to take charge when things are falling apart.
So are you excited for the Beauty and the Beast movie?
Have you read any of the books I mentioned?
If you want to join in, consider yourself tagged - I'd love to see your answers!