The Sunday Post #286 | May 1, 2022

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

T H E   W E E K   I N   R E V I E W
 
I was out of town last weekend, hence no Sunday Post. I was down in Tampa attending my first hockey game. (Well, my first NHL game - I've been to a couple minor league games.) Seeing my team (the Tampa Bay Lightning) live and in-person was ah-mazing. Our seats were center ice, 4th row, right behind the Lightning bench. *cue me flailing* It was an incredible, exciting, unforgettable experience and I'd love to go again. Oh, and they beat the Nashville Predators 6-2. 😊

Me + The Husband at the Lightning game

My boss returned from a week-long trip and promptly tested positive for Covid. The one day he was in the office before testing positive, we'd had a half-hour meeting in his office so, yeah, I'd been exposed. I was advised to wait five days from the date of exposure and then get tested. So, that's what I'll be doing Sunday morning as you read this. I feel fine so I think I'm probably good since exposure wasn't really prolonged, but I want to test and make sure just in case I'm asymptomatic. 

In happier news, today is my wedding anniversary. The Husband and I have been married for 23 years (and together for 30 years). Not sure how I was so certain at the young age of 23 that he was The One, but I was as certain then as I am now. He's my best friend, the best person I know, no one makes me laugh more, and I still get excited when he walks in the door. Better than any book boyfriend. 😍

 
c. 1991-1992                                               2019     

For a dose of feel-good news, this story will restore some of your faith in humanity. A couple in Vancouver is converting their resort property in order to house dozens of Ukrainian refugees. You can read the story here.

This week's 80's music fix is The One Thing (1982) by INXS. With lyrics like "You know your voice is a love song, it's a cat call from the past", this has always been one of my favorites from INXS. 



O N   T H E   B L O G
 
Tuesday, April 26

Wednesday, April 27

Friday, April 29

W H A T   I   R E A D
 

The Summer Place by Jennifer Weiner - ⭐⭐⭐⭐


C U R R E N T L Y  R E A D I N G
 

Audio: Kiss and Don't Tell by Meghan Quinn

N E W   A D D I T I O N S
 

The Unknown Beloved by Amy Harmon


T O T A L L Y   R A N D O M
 


HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?
I'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT!

41 comments

  1. Happy anniversary! 23 is my lucky number!!

    I always love visiting sports teams that you're a fan of. A week ago I went to the Dutch National female handball team and last night to Ajax, which is my fave soccer team!

    I'm glad you had fun AND that they won!

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther - Thanks! It was such a great experience. Glad you got to enjoy some sports outings, too!

      Delete
  2. You done made me cry. Congratulations on your many years of wedded bliss. I love the throwback picture. How fun that your team won at your first NHL game. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - Aw, you big softie! :) Thank you, though. It's been 23 (well, 30) wonderful years.

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary! You guys are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! What nice pics too, of you both so happy. I've been to 2 minor league hockey games because my son likes hockey so that made it fun, but not recently. Hope your test comes out negative even though you aren't showing symptoms. Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia - Thank you!! The hockey game was so exciting and I'd love to go again. And the Covid test was negative, thank goodness!

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary Tanya!!! That's amazing! I will have been with my husband for 28 years and married soo for 26 years now! And he makes me laugh every day too! Also I see you had an amazing time at that game. It's amazing how we enjoy so much more things we took for granted before COVID right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - Thank you! And congrats to you for such a long and happy marriage! That kind of partnership is such a gift.

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I was 21 when I got with my partner. Sometimes, when you know, you just know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!! 23 years is amazing. What a fun trip to go see a NHL hockey game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I know what you mean about picking "The One" at 23. That's exactly the age I was when I met my husband. I hope your anniversary is COVID free. That's so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - Thank you!! :) Funny how we met our husbands at the same age. And the Covid test was negative thank goodness!

      Delete
  9. oh HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! You are living your own HEA and I loved hearing your story, love that you have a man like that in your life. Glad you are taking precautions in staying safe. Hope you are loving that Meghan Quinn, I hear that one is amazing and super hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee - Thank you! And thanks for your kind words. Too sweet! :)

      Delete
  10. Happy anniversary!! And I hope you don't have COVID. I have developed a TERRIBLE cough this weekend and did a home COVID test just to be safe. No COVID here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha - Thanks! Glad the test was negative... and I hope that cough has cleared up!

      Delete
  11. Happy Anniversary! That's amazing. And I'm glad you had fun at the hockey game. Sounds like mostly a great week. Except for the Covid part.. I hope the test comes back negative. Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen - Thank you! :) The test did come back negative so that was a great relief!

      Delete
    2. I'm glad to hear that. ;) Happy reading.

      Delete
  12. Hi Tanya! Happy anniversary! Here's to 23 more wonderful years to come.

    I hope your Covid test will be negative! If you are still feeling fine, I'm sure you'll be okay.

    I hope you will have a good week with some great reads!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elza - Thank you! The Covid test was negative. I was concerned that I might be positive but asymptomatic so it nice a relief to have that confirmation.

      Delete
  13. EXCELLENT song by INXS. One of my favorites (after Don't Change). Was lucky enough to see 'em in concert too, at the insistence of my girlfriend at the time who was a HUGE fan, Good times. :)

    Anyway... happy anniversary! And yay for the hickey game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg - Don't Change is my favorite as well! And uh, I'm still laughing about the "hickey" game. LOL

      Delete
  14. Well, that would be hockey game lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your anniversary! I hope you don't have COVID. Happy May Day!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne - Thank you! And the Covid test was negative. My exposure (to my boss) was minimal so I assumed all would be well, but it was a relief to have confirmation.

      Delete
  16. Congrats on your anniversary! 23 years (and 30 of being together) is amazing!
    Glad you had fun at the hockey game too. Fingers crossed you didn't catch COVID. Hope you'll have a great May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey - Thank you! :) The hockey game was great and (thankfully) the Covid test was negative.

      Delete
  17. Fingers crossed for a negative COVID test for you. Yay for getting to attend your first NHL game. Sounds like the seats were amazing! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby too. My hubby and I will also be celebrating our 23rd this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne - Yes, the Covid test was negative! It's frustrating when I am so careful and cautious and end up exposed because of of someone else's actions. *sigh* But we can't live in a bubble. How great that you'll be celebrating 23 years this year as well! :)

      Delete
  18. Glad you had a good trip and enjoyed your first NHL game. Sounds like you got some excellent seats and they won! Sorry to hear you're having to wait for a covid test, hopefully it's negative as it was prolonged exposure and you haven't got any symptoms but still a rubbish present from your boss. Happy anniversary, you definitely sound as certain now as at 23 that you picked the right one, it's adorable really. And thank you for the feel good story, what an amazing thing that couple is doing. Always need that reminder people have that ability for good when it feels like all we get is bad news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky - Thanks! The Covid test was negative, thankfully, but it was a rather stressful week while waiting to test. I've been so, so careful and then to be exposed because of someone else's actions... ugh. My boss is recovered but still working from home for another week because now his wife and son have it. And thanks for the kind words. It's been an amazing 23 years. :)

      Delete
  19. I saw in the comments that you tested negative. Whew! Happy Anniversary, Tanya! My 23rd anniversary is in December but we only knew each other a few months before we got married. Those hockey seats are awesome! I have been to hockey games but never that close. I hope that you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole - Wow, we were at opposite ends of the spectrum, weren't we? We were together for years (over 7) before we got married, and you for only months. And yet here we all are 23 years later. :) The hockey seats were amazing ad made for an even more exciting experience!!

      Delete
  20. Happy Anniversary and yay for getting to see a NHL game in person! In person makes all the difference for any sport, I think. Happy to see you tested negative (from the comments)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! In-person sports is definitely a whole different experience. :)

      Delete