Top Ten Tuesday: Double Vision | I Own Two (or More) Copies of These Books

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

This Week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic:
Double Vision: I Own Two (or More) Copies 
of these Books... Because I Loved Them So Much

I'm sure there are a lot of readers who feel no need to own a single book
(who are those people??). They will use the library, borrow from friends,
or occasionally buy a book but then pass it on when they're done. 
I am here to tell you: I am NOT that reader. 😏

I certainly don't feel the need to own every book I read, but I also love
seeing my favorite books on my shelves. And sometimes that includes 
multiple copies. Maybe it's an audio version and the Kindle version, maybe
it's the original release plus a special edition. And sometimes it's just 
because I loved a book so hard that I want to own it in every way possible 
so I can enjoy it in every way possible. 😊

And just because a clever title should always tie-in to a good song (amiright?),
here's a little Double Vision from Foreigner for you.



Books I Loved So Much That I Own
Multiple Copies


Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall - I listened on audio and fell in love. And then I needed 
the paperback for my shelf.
When You Come Back to Me by Emma Scott - I was floored when listening to this one 
on audio. It was an instant favorite and the paperback joined my library.
The Others series by Anne Bishop - I did a combination of reading and listening to this 
series so I own both the audio versions and the mass market paperbacks.
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons - I read this book so many years ago when I 
came across the mass market paperback at a used bookstore. It became an instant favorite.
I was completely overwhelmed when one of my Bookworm Boxes included a beautiful 
signed trade paperback.
The Cake series by J. Bengtsson - Oh, this series. I fell for it hard and fast and it 
remains one of my favorite series ever. I own every book on audio and have the trade 
paperback copies.
Tied by Carian Cole - I originally listened to Tied on audio and immediately bought the
trade paperback. I want to inhale this one in any way I can. Such a special story.
November 9 by Colleen Hoover - I have the original trade paper back release plus the 
Crave illustrated hardcover version.
The Bishop Brothers series by Kennedy Fox - The audio versions were so well done
and I own all four, plus I have the gorgeous series bind-up that looks so pretty on my 
shelf.
Him/Us by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy - You name the version and I'm sure I have 
it. 😊 Him and Us are two all-time favorites and I have re-read and re-listened to them 
(along with Epic) many, many times (something I have not done with any other book/series).
The Grip Trilogy by Kennedy Ryan - I'm not positive how many versions of the Grip 
series I own. I have them on audio, I have the trade paperbacks, I have the special series 
bind-up paperback that Kennedy made available via a special gift box, and I probably 
have the Kindle versions, too.


Have you read any of these books?
What books do you own multiple copies of?

50 comments

  1. I need to check out the Grip trilogy. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound like good reasons to own more than one copy of a book. :)

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-loved-so-much-i-had-to-get-a-copy-for-my-personal-library/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed being twins with you today. I loved Grip so much I bought the physical copy, but I didn't put it on my list today. :( So many good books on this list, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - The whole Grip trilogy was so good. I love having pysical copies, and the audio versions were top notch.

      Delete
  4. I, too, own multiple copies of several books, but none that I see here. However, I do have single copies of several of these. And I'd like to own some I see here that I don't have. Reading these posts today has me wanting to peruse everyone's personal library! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I don't understand the people that don't own books haha I get reading digitally since I own and read mostly on my kindle, but if I love the book I will then purchase it because I just love having books around my home. If I own multiple copies it might be like an ebook and physical and audio. I don't really do the whole buy all the cover editions haha I just need one book of my favorites. But I normally will pick the cover I like the most. Unless its like a special edition that is leather bound or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee - I'm the same. I very rarely have multiple physical copies (like, different cover versions). But I do love having different formats.

      Delete
  6. Nice! at this point, I probably just have multiple copies of the Harry Potter books. I used to have different versions of other books but I am trying to pare down books.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren - I can understand trying to pare down. I try to do an unhaul once or twice a year.

      Delete
  7. Oh, Boyfriend Material and Him! I only own those on ebook, but they're definitely on my wishlist for a physical copy too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey - Boyfriend Material and Him are definitely worthy of having physical copies of!

      Delete
  8. Great twist on today's prompt. There are several books I own a couple of copies, mostly in different formats. I do also have a couple of books that I own two physical copies, mostly because I had the hard cover and the author signed a paperback version for me. Great list! :D Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni - Author-signed copies are always special additions to a personal library. :)

      Delete
  9. I've been known to have multiple copies of favorite books. Reading copies, you know. :)

    Double Vision- yes please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg - I feel no shame over multiple copies. S/he with the most books wins, right? LOL

      Delete
  10. I don't understand people who don't own any books. I like to have books around me, especially books that I loved reading once and know I'll want to read again someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark - I so agree! I love being surrounded by favorite books.

      Delete
  11. First of all, great song choice. I am not surprised to see Hoover or Ryan up there, or Him or Scott. I cannot say I have multiple copies of anything (on purpose)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It surprises me how many people today have been talking about owning their favorite books in multiple formats. As long as I have one copy of my favorites, I'm good. Does that make me weird?? It's okay if the answer is yes, LOL.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan - Nope not weird at all! Everyone does their own thing, right? :)

      Delete
  13. It sounds like the audiobooks often grab you and lead to the physical purchase. Those are some impressive narrations! Here's my list for the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer - Yep, that's exactly right! The audio book will very often lead me to purchasing a physical book. :)

      Delete
  14. I have not read any of these, but I am glad you loved them enough to have multiple copies! I have been trying to be better about this, but I have like 10 copies of The Hunger Games, and I think 2 full sets of The 100? Plus the ARC of the first one. I also have two sets of Scythe, but that seems unnecessary so I may offload one? OH and Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill because I met her and got a second signed copy! Now I am tempted to go look at my "read" shelves to see what duplicates I have hah. Now, we can't get into ebooks and physical, because I would absolutely run out of space in the comment- but to be fair, it was mostly eARCs and then I buy the physical to have on my shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon - You absolutely have me beat with the multiple copies. LOL Ten copies of The Hunger Games? I can't compete... you win the multiple copies crown! :)

      Delete
  15. I just love Double Vision. I saw Foreigner perform it at Cal Jam 2 in 1978! Thanks for posting and the memories. You have a wonderful list of books here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy - How awesome to have seen Foreigner live! Color me jealous. :)

      Delete
  16. I'm definitely with you on not being that reader because I *love* seeing the books I love on my shelf and I definitely love having multiple copies in different formats for them so I can access them whenever I want! 😂 I loved Him but I still haven't read Us because I just want them to be happy already, please? Lol! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dini - Yes! I love being surrounded by books! Whether it's favorites... or future favorite. :) And you need to read Us!!! Yes there are some bumps along the way for Jamie and Wes, but they come through it all stronger than ever!

      Delete
  17. Now you have set my mind to whirling...I'm thinking about what books I have multiple copies of. That really makes our favorites clear, I think. Excellent tweak of the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb - So true, it's easy to see the favorites when there are multiple copies. :)

      Delete
  18. The only book I have two copies of is Carrie Soto is Back, and I'm running a giveaway for one of the copies! But I do love having a physical copy of books I love on my shelves if I've read them in another format. November 9 is one I want to get to this year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I see so many favorites on your list Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a *keeper* shelf but it's so rare for me to even buy a book these days.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - I think you're not alone there. I have several friends who rely almost solely on the library.

      Delete
  21. I have e-copies and audio versions of The Others, but I'd love physical copies for my shelf! Love the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - Initially I only bought the mass market paperbacks of The Others series so my mom could read them, but I love seeing them on my shelf. :)

      Delete
  22. Forgot to say, I also have a few double physical copies because I forgot that I already had one on my shelf *face palm*!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have so many books that I have in more than one format. It just makes sense to me to own the physical, audio, and ebook of favorites. I have the ebooks, audios, and hardcover books of The Others series. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've only ever bought one book twice and that was ACOMAF. I ordered a signed copy but I Wanted to read it at midnight lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm with you! I want my favorites collected on my shelves. ;) I've only read November 9 from your list and it's been my least favorite of CoHo's. 😬 It's been so long since I read it, I don't even remember what I didn't like about it. Haha! Him is on my tbr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dedra - I know November 9 is the least favorite CoHo book for a lot of people. I loved it. I might have have a different opinion if I were to read it now, but I'll stick with my good memories of it. :)

      Delete