WWW Wednesday #128 | August 9, 2023

 

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words.
Just share your answers to three questions:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you'll read next?

I've been sick the past week, hence the lack of any posts. This is my third time getting
sick this year, which is so unlike me, and I've gotta say... I am over it. Being sick is bad
enough but somehow being sick in the summer is even worse. 😷


What are you currently reading?

      

Kindle: Grace Note (Cake #7) by J. Bengtsson
Audio: Tattered (Lark Cove #1) by Devney Perry

Currently readingI seem to read each book in Bengtsson's phenomenal Cake series very
slowly, just to soak it all in. The depth of her characters absolutely slays me.
Current progress: 10%

Currently listening: Meanwhile, I'm powering through Tattered and listening every chance
I get. 
Current progress: 60%


What did you recently finish reading?

      

Kindle: Over My Brother's Dead Body, Chase Andrews by Piper Rayne - ★★★★
Audio: The Issue with Bad Boy Roommates by Piper Rayne - ★★★★

Recently read/listened toBoth were fun reads on the lighter side.


What do you think you'll read next?


I never know what I'll pick up next, but Glimmers of You is a strong
possibility. I'm anxious to return to Cedar Ridge and get Grae and
Caden's story.


What are you reading today?

12 comments

  1. Ugh, I'm sorry to hear you're sick and hope you're on the mend soon! Being sick in the summer is the absolute pits. Glad you're getting in some good reading, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. I went back to the doctor today and got new (stronger) meds so hopefully I can finally kick this thing.

      Delete
  2. Sorry you've been sick. I hope you're on the mend! Cowles has been calling my name lately. I'm anxious to return to her Tattered & Torn series. Then I'll be looking forward to her other series. I still need to finish Perry's Lark Cove series, too. Hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali - I loved the Tattered & Torn series. Those were my favorite by Cowles to date. As much as I love Devney Perry, I never had gotten to the Lark Cove series.

      Delete
  3. Ugh. Sickness is no fun, especially in the summer. I hope you feel better soon. I've been debating using my Audible credit for that Cowles book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - I was hoping to go audio for Glimmers to You but it's one of the rare cases where a narrator sways my decision. In this case, the female narrator just isn't a favorite. So it's KU for me. :)

      Delete
  4. Boo for being sick, and summer sick is always the worst. Hope you are getting rest and enjoying your books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - Oh my goodness, I am so sick of being sick. lol I'm working from home, so not a ton of rest, but it's certainly better than being in the office.

      Delete
  5. I read book 4 of the Lark Cove series and I have book 3 but haven't had a chance to get back to it yet. Being sick in the summer does suck! Hope you feel better, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - I am way to Type A to read a book series out of order. My mom does that all the time and I just cringe. LOL

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh, sorry you've been sick. Being sick in the summer really does seem worse sometimes. Hope you feel better soon, and get lots of awesome reading in.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I am starting to feel better, thankfully. I'm ready to get back reading more!

      Delete