WWW Wednesday #129 | August 30, 2023

 

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words.
Just share your answers to three questions:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you'll read next?

Today is not a usual Wednesday since I am at home instead of the office. My company is closed (as are most businesses in the city) and we are all hunkered down for Hurricane Idalia. It made landfall on the west coast of Florida this morning. I am on the east coast of Florida so, while we will not get the worst of it, there will still be heavy rain, tropical storm-force winds, and the possibility of tornadoes. So far I have been able to work from home on my laptop with no issues, but we'll see how the day goes (fingers crossed we do not lose power!). If you are in Idalia's path, please stay safe!



What are you currently reading?

      

Trade Paperback/Audio: Forbidden Hearts by Corinne Michaels
Kindle eARC: Here With Me by Brooke Montgomery

Currently listening/reading: Corinne Michaels is a perennial favorite and I am loving this first
book in her latest series.  
Current progress: 50%

Currently reading: I loved the prequel novella (well, at 212 pages it was practically 
a novel) to this new series from Brooke Montgomery. This first full-length book in the 
series grabbed me from the start and I'm loving this age gap romance.
Current progress: 25%


What did you recently finish reading?

      

Catherine Cowles and Devney Perry... apparently I'm all in my small town 
romance phase. 😉

Kindle: Glimmers of You by Catherine Cowles - ★★★★.25
Audio: Tragic by Devney Perry - ★★★.5 (first half) ★★★★.25 (second half)


What do you think you'll read next?

     

I never know what I'll pick up next, but both Crux Untamed and
Tinsel are possibilities.


What are you reading today? 

11 comments

  1. I'm happy to hear you won't get the full impact of the hurricane! Hope you keep safe and that the internet keeps working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you rode out the rain bands ok. I do not miss that!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Humpy Day! And yes please stay safe. Being worried about you all! Hope you don't lose power, that is the worst. Will keep you in my thoughts and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're staying safe. I hope it continues to look like it won't affect you much. My friend was supposed to fly home from spending time in Panama City Beach this morning, so I hope she was able to get home before it hit. I just listened to Glimmers of You and loved it! I'm glad to see your rating. I loved that Perry series when I read it. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are safe (and don't lose power. Do you have a generator?) My Jax counterparts are all working from home as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay safe, Tanya, and I hope you don't lose power!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're safe and not running into any major issues today!

    ReplyDelete