The Sunday Post #350 | September 17, 2023

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

It's been a busy week, but a good one. Got a lot accomplished at the office, had some medical testing done that came back all clear so that was a big relief, and had lunch with my bosses on Friday for my birthday - which is actually not until tomorrow, but we celebrated early.

Another thing that made it a good week is that I was lucky enough to win Kimberly's (Caffeinated Reviewer) blogoversary giveaway! I received an Amazon gift card (best gift ever LOL) and can't wait to put it to use. Thank you so much for your generosity, Kimberly! 😘

The Husband competed in another target shooting tournament this week and scored two more perfect scores! He's now ranked #10 in the state! Very, very excited for him. 😁

We've decided to update our home office and spent much of yesterday browsing (online) for inspiration and desk options. Currently we have two of the same desk which are set up back to back, so we face each other, but the desks are too large for my liking and I no longer love the set-up. I can't wait to get new desks and start updating the room. I do love a good design/decor project. 😊

Today's throwback song is When Smokey Sings (1987) by ABC. Enjoy! 



ON THE BLOG


Tuesday, September 12

Friday, September 15


WHAT I READ

      

Kindle: Camden (Pittsburgh Titans #8) by Sawyer Bennett - 4★
Audio: Coming Home by Shelley Shepard Gray - 3.5★


CURRENTLY READING


It's finally happening!
Kindle/Audio: Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros


NEW ADDITIONS


Not a thing.       

TOTALLY RANDOM



HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

35 comments

  1. We're having nice weather here too. Cool but not too much. Good luck with the new office and furniture. Have another great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee - Enjoy that weather! And hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy early birthday! That was nice that your bosses celebrated you. Have fun with the redecorating project - I'd love to see some before and afters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I'll try to remember to take some pics before we revamp the office. :)

      Delete
  3. I am with the cat. No matter the temperature, when September comes, it's fall. I hope you have a magnificent birthday, and it's great that you won the gift card. It's like an early celebration. Wow! Tenth in the state. I feel like I am one degree of separation from a celebrity. Have fun with the home office project, and I hope Fourth Wing is as good for you as it has been for so many other readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - I am so ready to transition to fall. I don't care that it's 86 outside. :) I'm enjoying Fourth Wing so far. Only downside is that I read fantasy books sooo slowly.

      Delete
  4. I'm the cat meme too!
    Good luck with the office update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Sounds like it's already been a good one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well well well congratulations for winning the giveaway and to your husband! Also getting good news for your health is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It sounds like a lot of good things have led up to it. It's always nice when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna! Yep, lots of good stuff last week... which was a nice break! :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday, Tanya! Yay for winning the Amazon GC! What a relief to have good test results. Looking forward to your thoughts on Fourth Wing. Both my husband and I really enjoyed it! The audio was so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I'm switching back and forth between Kindle and audio with Fourth Wing. I tend to read fantasy novels sooo slowly, but I'm totally enjoying it!

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your win and your hubby's! Happy birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! I have certain areas that I'm wanting to constantly rearrange. I fear my school library is one, lol. I bought Fourth Wing but don't know if I'll get to it this year. Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I have a habit of holding on to books that I'm actually excited to read. I'm surprised that I've already started Fourth Wing and it's only been out 3-4 months. LOL

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday! Congrats on the win! Our weather is finally cooled down and perfect for me. I've already had to blow leaves. I'll be interested to see how you feel about Fourth Wing. I'm glad your tests results were good. I hope you will update us on the office design; that is a fun project.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I'm excited the the home office makeover. It looks fine now, it just needs to be adjusted/updated to suit our needs. I'm totally enjoying Fourth Wing so far!

      Delete
  12. Happy birthday! And have fun decor shopping! that's always fun. :)

    Wow- congrats to your husband on some nice shooting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! My husband can "have fun" putting together the desks... and I'll get the actual fun part of doing the decor. :)

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday! Our big renovation recently was building a dog kennel/bar and countertop so that it would be more a piece of furniture instead of his wire crate. It took months of multiple trips to the hardware store and a few meltdowns mixed in, but we now have a piece that is custom to our house that blends into the space seamlessly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ethan! Sounds like your project ended up being quite a success. Hopefully our home office-re-do will get accomplished with no meltdowns (fingers crossed LOL).

      Delete
  14. Happy Birthday, Tanya!! And congrats to your hubby. I adore the meme and can definitely relate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! I think we're all pretty much over summer at this point. lol

      Delete
  15. Congrats to your husband! That is quite the accomplishment. Good luck with the home office project. I need to get busy working on my basement now that my daughter has moved out. I cannot wait to see what you think of Fourth Wing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole - I love the result of home projects but sometimes the during part is painful. lol

      Delete
  16. Looks like I'll be the very last person to read Fourth Wing lol

    Happy (belated) birthday. hope it was a good one!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - Well I meant to read it when it released back in May, and here it is mid-September. Ooops!

      Delete
  17. I'm so happy that you had a great week. Hope this weekend is also great. Camden is on my list, I've been enjoying that series, and I really liked Coming Home and Fourth Wing.

    ReplyDelete