Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Families

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.


This Week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic:
Favorite Families
 
This week's prompt is about character relationships. I'm focusing on families - both biological and the found variety (because who doesn't love a found family aspect?). 

Here are some of my favorite fictional families...



The Bennett family (Wolfsong/Green Creek series) - I adored the Bennett family and those select few that were welcomed into their inner circle. 

The McKallister family (Cake series) - The McKallister's had been through tragedy and come out the other side, but they were each changed for it. The way they closed ranks when needed, and always had each other's backs, was something I admired.

The Marked Men series - This group of tattoo artists and their friends were the epitome of found family. They were a tightknit group who saw one another through every high and low.

The Parkerson family (Willow Creek Valley series) - These siblings banded together to overcome the fallout of their family. It was so satisfying to see them each work past obstacles to find happiness.

The Greene family (Greene Family series) - I love the big, blended Greene family. Each sibling got their HEA over the span of nine books. There was plenty of meddling in each other's lives, and I enjoyed their closeness.

The Hartley family (Lost & Found series) - Catherine Cowles writes family relationships so well, often with complicated dynamics. 

The Calloway/Hale family (Addicted/Calloway series) - Between the Calloway's and the Hale's, there is a lot of family drama. But the core group is always solid - lending support and being one another's biggest cheerleaders.

The Clifton Forge series - This group of a disbanded motorcycle club, and those allowed into their lives, was a great example of found family. These characters offered support and acceptance unconditionally.

The Hello/Goodbye series - Josh and Caleb escaped from a cult, leaving the only home they'd ever known. Reconnecting with another former cult member who had escaped years previously, they began to develop a new kind of family. Their story brought on all the tears.

The Hades Hangmen series - The men of the Hades Hangmen may operate on the wrong side of the law, but that doesn't diminish their sense of loyalty, brotherhood, and family. 


Have you read any of these books?

36 comments

  1. I am unfamiliar with all of these titles besides the TJ Klune (which I haven't read).

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/favorite-platonic-relationships-recent-reads/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam - The TJ Klune book will likely be my favorite of the year. :)

      Delete
  2. No, I haven't read any of these.

    My TTT: https://laurieisreading.com/2023/09/12/top-ten-tuesday-did-i-read-my-summer-2023-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but I love a good found family in a story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should read Wolfsong sometime!

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lydia - I had it on my TBR for several years before I read it. I finally read it this year and loved it!

      Delete
  5. Cake sounds good.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    Astilbe

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many good ones, I don't even know where to start! You know I loved the McKallister family, the Marked Men, the Hartleys, the Hale/Calloways, Josh & Caleb, and the Clifton Forge people. What is new is that I read my first Hangmen book last night. I am now curious to find out about all of the rest of the characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - No surprise that you've read so many of these. :) Eeeek! So excited that you read a Hangmen book! Did you start with It Ain't Me, Babe? There have been so many characters that really surprised me.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I loved the Marked family. It's nice to see Crownover continuing to grow that world. Bowen has so many great families. I would include the Shipleys and the Rossi family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - Big yes to the Shipley family! I loved returning to them in each book.

      Delete
  8. I do love books with found family tropes or strong family bonds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great list of families list there! I absolutely adore the Hartley family. But whether its a blood related family or a found family, I just enjoy seeing those family like connections in a series or story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee - Love the Hartley family! Their family dynamic and they way they tease but are super loyal is everything.

      Delete
  10. Ooh Wolfsong. I'll admit that makes me curious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you went with favorite families for this week's TTT! And that you included found families, too. I love that in books. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark - A good found family aspect always warms my heart. :)

      Delete
  12. I've been reading the TJ Klune series and really love the Bennett family and their extended pack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne - I've only read Wolfsong so far but plan to dive into Ravensong soon!

      Delete
  13. I love reading about families - biological, found, and everything in between. I'm not familiar with any of these books, but from your descriptions, it sounds like they feature some great families.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan - Same here. A story that focuses on family is almost always a winner for me.

      Delete
  14. So many books here that I still need to get to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali - It's always the same: too many books and too little time! :)

      Delete
  15. I love books with families in them and I haven't read any of these! I see several I need to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any of these yet, but Wolfsong is on my tbr. I've heard only good things. Someday I want to finally get to a Sarina Bowen book, as well. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dedra - Bowen is such a long-time favorite. She has never disappointed me.

      Delete
  17. I've only read Goodbye Paradise but I'd agree with putting it on this list. I'm a big fan of found families in books.

    Going old school, to my early days of blogging, Nora Roberts was always great at families. The series would go all the way from couples down to the kids when they grew up.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - It's been so long since I've read Nora Roberts that I forgot about her knack for that.

      Delete
  18. Yes, I loved The Marked Man series and I want to read more of Clifton Forge from Devney Perry. Great list, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - Wouldn't it be great if Devney Perry revisited Clifton Forge?! :)

      Delete