The Sunday Post #355 | January 21, 2024

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

Since this is my first Sunday Post of the year, I guess I should say Happy New Year! It's still January... saying Happy New Year is still acceptable, right? 😀

I've been keeping busy between work-life and home-life. Last week we took a quick trip up to North Carolina. The Husband's eldest daughter was having a milestone birthday so we decided to surprise her. It was a quick-ish visit, but good to see everyone.

On Monday I finally got my car back. *tosses confetti and does happy dance* It was at the collision center just shy of seven weeks (five of those weeks was just waiting for parts) so I was actually without it twice as long as I actually drove it (I'd had the car for 28 days when I was rear-ended). So excited to have my car back... and it still has that new car smell. Haha.

We had a blast of winter weather this week and I've been loving it. It's been a chilly weekend - yesterday's high was only 45F (7-8C) - but the coming week will be back into the 70's (22C). That's Florida for you. 🌞

This week's throwback song is I'm Your Man (1985) by George Michael/Wham. Enjoy!


ON THE BLOG

Nothing this week


WHAT I READ


DNF - I gave up on Karma. As much as I enjoyed Boy George's anecdotes, and 
his narration, the stream-of-consciousness narrative wasn't working for me. It felt
like it was all over the place and I found myself listening less and less.
Unfortunate, because I find him to be deliciously bitchy and entertaining. 😉

CURRENTLY READING

      

eARC: Ready or Not by Cara Bastone
Audio: Pucking Wild by Emily Rath

NEW ADDITIONS


Nothing this week

TOTALLY RANDOM




HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

19 comments

  1. Wow, that's a long time without the car! Yay for getting it back! And oh my gosh Wham! Look how young Michael was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot get over how long car repairs are taking. My coworker was hit on Thanksgiving, and she will be getting her car back this week. Insane! I am glad you have been reunited with your vehicle. I am excited that it's supposed to reach 30F tomorrow. It's been brutal here. Happy we will all be enjoying warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that your car was rear ended before you even had it a month! My car was rear ended when it was new (not as new as yours though) and sustained some front end damage while it was in the shop to be fixed so it had to go back for more repairs. I will drive it forever because the resell value is shot. I am glad you have it back! Sorry to hear that the Boy George book was a bust. Have a great week, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a pretty good January so far, especially with finally getting your car back! So glad it still had the best new car smell too! I'm excited to read the new Cara Bastone book too. Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  5. my week was ok untill the end of the week when we got 4 inches of snow in one day, and then icy conditions on top of that so i been hunkering down at home. I am aiming to unearth some of my backlist books this year so i started reading the rage of dragons a book i picked up from goodwill for 2.00 long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a LONG time to be without your car. I bet it feels so nice to have it back especially for the convenience of it. I can't wait to see what you think of Pucking Wild though. I have heard its very very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh that is too long for them to have your car. If I didn't get a loaner or rental I'd have to go on the Harley which wouldn't be as fun when it's cold or when my daughter has a migraine and is sound and light sensitive. Happy New Year! I'm glad to see you here again.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pick fewer battles...lol. And I'm so glad you got your car back finally! The year is looking up. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for getting your car back!!! It sounds like you had a nice trip to visit your husband's daughter as well. I am bummed you didn't love George Michaels book because now I'll have to skip it. The way you described it sounds like Dave Grohl's book that I couldn't get into. At least you gave me that Wham song to make up for it. lol. I LOVE that song! I can listen to it on repeat. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's totally still acceptable to say Happy New Year. :D I'm glad you've been keeping busy and that you finally got your car back. And, I'm glad you go to your stepdaughter's birthday party. I'm sure she enjoyed having you both there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to hear you had an enjoyable trip to NC. Nice that you got your car back! Finally! That is cold for Florida, but 70 is a nice temp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, glad to hear you got your car back. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year! I'm glad to hear you finally got your car back and that it still has its new car scent. We got that blast of winter here too. We got a little snow, which was nice, but our highs were in the 20s a couple of days, which was not so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray for getting your car back! That is entirely too long to be without your car. It has been absolutely arctic up here - it was 14 degrees when I got up this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay you got your car back. I think the whole country had a cold front last week. Fewer battles.. I shall try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My rule for happy new year is sticking to if I've spoken to someone yet this year and after January it's just unacceptable. So happy new year! And thank you for the Celsius translation for the weather! Last week was really cold here but now we've had a storm blow in and back to around 10C (50F) and I can't decide if it's better than the cold or if I want the rain to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year!And seven weeks at the collision center!! I bet you threw confettis!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year! Sounds like a good year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How's Ready or Not going? I keep getting curious about it!

    Glad you got your car back! I'm seeing so many horror stories lately about cars being kept foreeeever for repairs.

    ReplyDelete