The Sunday Post #356 | January 28, 2024

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

How is it the last week of January already? That is boggling my mind. 😲

On Tuesday I attended a book signing with Emily Rath (of Pucking Around/Jacksonville Rays fame). She's a local author and had collaborated with a local indie bookstore for the re-release of Pucking Around. (It was self-published last year but has now been re-released by Kensington.) The store (Femme Fire Books) is one I'd not been to before and it was adorable. And the people who showed up were so kind and so friendly. One young woman had made friendship bracelets that had character names or meaningful words/phrases from the book and was sharing them with everyone in line. Readers really are the best people. 😊

    

My 78-year-old mother has Covid... again. It seems much milder this time around, like a bad head cold, and she's already feeling much better. I wish she were more cautious, but after almost 4 years of advice and reminders, I've given up. She's going to do what she wants to do. *eyeroll*

File this under "I can't make this up": Hidden Valley Ranch and Burt's Bees have collaborated to produce Ranch lip balm. Has anyone else seen this? My only question is WHY? I mean, I like ranch dressing as much as the next person, but do I want to taste it in my lip balm? 😖 So the question is: would you use ranch (or carrot or celery or buffalo sauce) lip balm?? 



This week's throwback song is Birdhouse in Your Soul (1990) by They Might Be Giants. Enjoy! (Love the song but the video is truly bad. lol)


ON THE BLOG


Tuesday, January 23

Thursday, January 25


WHAT I READ


eARC: Ready or Not by Cara Bastone - 4.25★


CURRENTLY READING

  

Audio: Pucking Wild by Emily Rath

NEW ADDITIONS



The special edition of Pucking Around is so pretty. You can't tell from the photo, 
but the title is sparkly. 😍 And the art print and sticker (not pictured) are cute. I also
nabbed a physical copy of the prequel novella, That One Night, while at the signing.

TOTALLY RANDOM




HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

20 comments

  1. How fun! I had no idea Emily Rath was a JVille author. Very cool. I loved TMBG back in the day. They had the best lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no- sorry to hear about your mom! Glad it's relatively mild though. Scary when your heae the dreaded C word. That bookstore looks delightful.

    I'm a huge fan of buffalo sauce but as a lip balm... no lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your Mom. We are very careful here and we have not had Covid. If I were in the bookstore, I'd be masked. It looks lovely. That's a no on the ranch lip balm. I'm not a big user of lip balm but I like mild fruit flavors or no flavor I guess or minty.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that you have a local author that is close. I hope your mom gets better soon, Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book event and the bookstore both sound adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree on the ranch chapstick how do they even come up with this stuff. Is there really a demand for ranch chapstick not for me. Book event sounds fun we don’t get to many here on this side of washington state though we did get debbie macomber pretty recently so i thought that was awesome. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the book signing! I bet that was really fun and love how the bookstore looks. We don't have those type of bookstores in Utah. The chapstick meme is so accurate! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really hope your mom will get better soon but yes, the more they grow old, the less they listen to us LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry your mom has COVID again. I'm glad this bout isn't as bad and that she seems to be doing better. I hope she gets well soon. Have a great week!

    https://jennielyse.com/sunday-news-53/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ranch chapstick?!?! Just no. So much no. Glad you had a great time at the signing. Readers are the best people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute bookstore and fun sounding event! I want to check out that series at some point. Ranch flavored lip balm? Hard no! Yuck. That meme is perfect for me though. I have to have chapstick! I have one in every purse, in a drawer in just about every room in the house! I remember when I read On the Island and she just happened to have a supply of chapstick in her suitcase when she was stranded, I was relieved! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your mom gets better soon.
    Ranch flavored lip balm sounds really gross.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you mom got Covid again.. but good to hear it has been mild.
    Ranch flavored chapstick (barf)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for an author signing! So much fun. Sorry about your mom, but yeah, my brother and sister-in-law got it a bunch of times, but they won't get vaccinated, so that's just how it's going to be. Now, I love ranch dressing, but that just sounds disgusting! Eww! Anyway, hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love and use Burt's Bees chapstick, but ranch flavor? No thank you! I'm glad you had a fun time at that signing. Readers are the best! I'm sorry your mom has covid again. I feel you with the can't warn or advise them or anything. My mom will listen some, but my dad is the real wild card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad to hear your mom's Covid is pretty mild this year. I've given up trying to tell my mom to be careful too. She has cancer right now and her immune system is shot and she still won't listen. Sigh. TMBG takes me right back to my freshman year of college. Loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your mother recovers quickly! I'm the most cautious of my family and have never had COVID, but everyone else has more or less given up, it's pretty worrying.

    ...Those lip balms sound AWFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No, I would not use ranch flavored lip balm. 😝 A friend of mine was making fun of a new Girl Scout cookie Thin Mints perfume, but this is even funnier. 😁

    I hope you are having a wonderful week. ☀

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never found cute indie bookstores when I lived in FL. Glad you did!

    It is crazy what combinations they are doing with EVERYTHING now!

    And I have that chap stick problem. I keep (try to keep) one in each location but the other day my pocketbook tipped over and like, 5 tubes fell out lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. A big fat NO to all those lip balms!!! Cute indie bookstores are the BEST and I'm fighting to keep from walking up to mine since I have way too many books on my shelves as it is. I have to laugh at that little chapstick meme because I do have a chapstick and travel-size hand lotion at every station. Purse, backpack, both desks, bedside....

    ReplyDelete