WWW Wednesday #134 | April 3, 2024

 

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words.
Just share your answers to three questions:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you'll read next?


It's dark, gloomy, overcast, and rainy here today.
In other words, the PERFECT day to be at home, curled up in a comfy chair,
reading a good book. Unfortunately I am at the office all day so I'll just have 
to hope that the rainy weather lasts until I get home. :)


What are you currently reading?

      

Kindle: Older by Jennifer Hartmann
Audio: Last Call at the Local by Sarah Grunder Ruiz

Currently readingI just received the ARC for Older yesterday afternoon and started it
immediately. I didn't get much read last night but I'm already hooked. I just love
Hartmann's brand of angsty romance.
Current progress: 7%

Currently listening: I'm totally enjoying Last Call at the Local and the way Ruiz blends 
humor with more serious themes. And the narration is so perfect.
Current progress: 75%


What did you recently finish reading?

      

Kindle: Stay With Me by Brooke Montgomery
Kindle: The Season of Secrets by Q.B. Tyler

Recently read: Stay With Me - While I didn't connect to these main characters quite
as well as the couple from the previous book, I still enjoyed seeing Tripp and Magnolia
finally admit their feelings for one another4 stars

Recently read: The Season of Secrets - This novella was a fun age gap, boss-employee
romance but the spicy scenes seemed to outweigh the actual plot at times. 3.75 stars


What do you think you'll read next?


never know what I'm going to read next but This Could Be Us is a strong possibility.


What are you reading today?

12 comments

  1. I'm curious about Older now. I will wait for your review! I also thought Tyler's book was fun. I hope you get to enjoy that gloomy weather when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - After Season of Secrets I'm excited to move on to The Worst Kept Secret. Have you read that one?

      Delete
  2. Last Call at the Local is one my besties have been telling me to read. I hope to get to it soon. Glad to hear you enjoyed it, too. The rain has moved out over here, but it looks like rain all next week for us. I don't mind the rain, but I will take a pass on the tornadoes that often accompany the rain this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison - I hope you'll enjoy Last Call at the Local when you get to it. It's a charming story.

      Delete
  3. Last Call at the Local is on my TBR. It looks like a good read! I like to hear the author did a good mix of humor and more serious topics. I do love a dark gloomy day for reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine - I think you will like Last Call at the Local. I've really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  4. I thought Last Call was wonderful, so I am happy to hear you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - I made it to the 90% mark of Last Call before I got to the office this morning. It was killing me to have to leave it right there near the end. lol Now I have to wait until 5:00 to find out how it wraps up. :)

      Delete
  5. I love reading at home when it's rainy! I thought Last Call at the Local was entertaining. Nice to see you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know you're enjoying Last Call at the Local. I'll have to get a hold of the audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy - The audio version of Last Call at the Local was done so well. I hope you'll enjoy it when you get to it.

      Delete