The Sunday Post #361 | April 7, 2024

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

My Sunday Posts seem to have turned into an every other week kind of thing. It's been
a combination of busy + lack of motivation. Not exactly a recipe for blogging success. 😉

Here's what's been going on in my world the last few weeks:

  • Went to another Emily Rath signing (this one for the Kensington release of Pucking Wild). Had to wear my Jacksonville Rays jersey, of course (fictional team from her book series). 📗
      
  • In real hockey news, the Tampa Lightning finally clinched their spot in the playoffs. Very exciting. 🏒
  • Went to a special showing of Pride and Prejudice at the theater (the 2005 version with Kiera Knightley). Loved seeing it on the big screen again. 🎥   
  • Went to the ER twice in two days with The Husband. Friday night when he sliced his finger open on a mandoline, and last night when there was concern of a possible blood clot in his leg. Ultrasound and X-rays showed no clot, so it is likely a severe muscle strain and he is now on crutches (no weight bearing) for two weeks to allow it to heal. Fingers crossed we can do without any more ER visits for a long while. 🩼

This week's throwback song is Don't Bring Me Down (1979) by Electric Light Orchestra just because I heard it last night and it's been in my head ever since. Enjoy! 



ON THE BLOG


Tuesday, April 2

Wednesday, April 3

Thursday, April 4


WHAT I READ


Audio: Last Chance at the Local by Sarah Grunder Ruiz

CURRENTLY READING


eARC: Older by Jennifer Hartmann

NEW ADDITIONS



Trade Paperback: Pucking Wild by Emily Rath
(special Kensington edition)

TOTALLY RANDOM



HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

30 comments

  1. Urg! Sorry to hear about The Husband's trips to hospital. I hope both the finger (painful!!) and leg both recover soon. And seeing the Kiera Knightley version on the big screen sounds like a real treat:)). Have a less stressful week, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sjhigbee - Thanks, he's already feeling much better. :)

      Delete
  2. How fun that Rath's fictional team is set in Jax. Love it! Both were kind of scary visits to the ER. Glad the husband is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - It's totally fun that Rath set her series right here in Jax. And following her on IG is amusing because half the time I know exactly where she's at. lol

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your trips to the ER! Never fun on any level. Glad to hear your husband wasn't seriously injured and that he's on the mend. I'd like to try Rath at some point. How fun that you were able to go see her again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - I think I've seen Emily Rath 3X already this year. lol It's just so convenient to pop over to wherever she is since she's local. :)

      Delete
  4. I loved that movie version of P&P. And same here on blogging- I skipped last week (linking up anyway) and when do I do THAT?

    I love ELO!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg - Wow, I rarely (if ever?) see you skip a Sunday Post. It must be something in the air. lol

      Delete
  5. Fun you could see the author again and that hockey is going well for you. I hope your husband has no further issues.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne - I hope so, too! It was a rough weekend, for sure.

      Delete
  6. 2 trips to the ER?? Geez! Glad he is okay though! Hopefully you have a less eventful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha - Yep, it's pretty bad when the ER staff remember you from the previous night. LOL I hope for a less eventful week, too! :)

      Delete
  7. Oof, the ER visits sound stressful. Hope all's well for a good long time now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicky! Hopefully we can be done with the ER for a long while!

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about the husband's troubles. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, no, poor hubby! I hope he's on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trips to the ER are never fun and both those instances sound scary! I hope your husband heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna. The finger is healing and the muscle strain is much improved. It's been a good week! :)

      Delete
  11. Sorry you ended up at the ER twice, but I'm very glad it wasn't for anything more serious. Hopefully this week will be ER-free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark. :) I'm hopeful that this weekend will be a lot less exciting. :)

      Delete
  12. I love that you wore a book-themed jersey to the author's signing. I got my daughter a couple of school sweatshirts from fictional schools from her favorite series and I've been tempted to get my own for one of mine.

    Your poor husband! I am sorry you had to make two ER's visits and I hope he is recovering well.

    I hope you are enjoying your current reads, Tanya, had have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy - I'm not usually one to buy a lot of bookish merchandise, but I love Rath's series and I love hockey so it was a no-brainer to get the jersey. :) How fun that you got those sweatshirts for your daughter! :) You should definitely get on for yourself.

      Delete
  13. Oh yikes! Scary ER visits. Glad your husband is doing better.

    I love Keira Knightly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer - Thank you for that. And Kiera Knightley made the perfect Elizabeth. :)

      Delete
  14. Oh ER visits are never fun, but good it wasn't a clot at least. I hope your husband's doing better by now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you have definitely hit your quota for ER visits and I hope you get a very long break from having to visit. I am glad it wasn't a clot though two weeks on crutches doesn't sound fun either. I loved that version on Pride and Prejudice and it would be so fun to see it in theaters again! I hope you're having a wonderful week and everyone is staying healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine - I thinks o, too! I'm hopeful that this weekend will be a lot less eventful. lol

      Delete