The Sunday Post #322 | January 22, 2023

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

Another four-day work week. I could get used to this. :) I was talking to a co-worker this week and it was funny how many similarities we discovered. We share the same name, just different spellings (I'm Tanya, she's Tonya), we both have a sister named Terri, and on it went. Our paths rarely cross (she's upstairs in Accounting and I'm in the executive suite) but it was fun to chat, and learn we shared so much in common.

I tried a new soup recipe this week and it was delicious. Sausage & Tortellini Soup. It was
perfect for one of our cooler evenings. The recipe gives directions to make it in a slow cooker but I didn't have time for that and just made it on the stovetop. The Husband and I both enjoyed it and it will be a keeper.

For those that use Feedly, do you happen to know what the little green icons after the blog post title mean? They show on some blogs in my feed but not on others. The first icon looks like a pair of feet; the other is IoC (or loC?). I've browsed Feedly for some kind of key to explain the icons but haven't found anything. Any insight?


After the Jaguars amazing win last week (they came back from 27-0 to win the game!), the whole city has been fired up for the next game against the Kansas City Chiefs. All kinds of sponsored events like a send-off party for the team, watch parties all over the place... everyone has Jaguar fever. :) As I write this, the game has not yet happened (it will be on Saturday night), so I'm still hoping they'll pull off another playoff win. 

Update: It was a hard-fought game, but in the end the Jaguars lost to the Chiefs, 27-20. Hard to be too upset, though, because it was an amazing season. The Jags won the AFC South Championship and made it to the Division playoffs. Not bad for a team that was last in the league a year ago! 

This week's 80's music fix is Tainted Love/Where Did I love Go (1981) by Soft Cell. Enjoy!


ON THE BLOG

Tuesday, January 17

Thursday, January 19


WHAT I READ


Audio: Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez - 4★

Kindle: Tempting the Cowboy by Kennedy Fox - 4★

Audio: Drake by Sawyer Bennett - 4★


CURRENTLY READING


Kindle: The Choice by Nora Roberts


NEW ADDITIONS


Kindle: Wake My Heart by Lydia Michaels

Between the synopsis and Jen's review, I was sold on this one. 


TOTALLY RANDOM




HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

30 comments

  1. I love four day weeks. And soup too, especially in winter.

    Great music this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Greg. Now if we would just have some more soup-worthy weather. :)

      Delete
  2. Four day weeks are great. Since beginning of January, I've been working four day weeks, and it's amazing. So much more spare time!

    I hope you enjoy your books.

    My Sunday Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Majanka - Hooray for your 4 day work weeks! I would make that my norm if I could. Work four 10-hour days and then have 3 days off. Sounds perfect!

      Delete
  3. I am not using Feedly so I can't help you there. Also so many similarities with your colleague is baffling Tanya! What's in a name right? And well yes that's not bad for the Jags! Let's hope next season will be even better for them. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - It was pretty amazing to find so similarities with my coworker. It's been a long time since I knew another Tanya. :)

      Delete
  4. Obviously, I had to check out Wake My Heart, and seeing as it was free, I one-clicked. Hope we both love it. Sorry about your Jags. Lots of sadness in my part of NJ with the Giants losing, but my people at work (closer to Philly) are happy. Indicators of Compromise (https://blog.feedly.com/discover-and-collect-indicators-of-compromise/) - that's what I found about that IoC on Feedly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - I hope we'll both enjoy Wake My Heart. It sounds so good. The poor Giants really got stomped last night. Ouch. Indicators of Compromise... hm. Something more to look into. Thanks for finding that!

      Delete
  5. Looks like it was a solid week of reading for you! I am not sure about Feedly thing. Let me know if you find out what it is! I have been wanting to get back to Sawyer Bennett. Glad that turned out to be a solid read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, that soup sounds delicious! My husband hasn't made soup in awhile, I should suggest it to him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the extra day off but this 4 day week seemed to be the longest week ever...lol. The soup sounds great. I have not yet found gluten free tortellini but maybe I will someday. I hope that you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use feedly too, but I have no idea what the symbols mean. I hope you figure it out. We watched that Jags game last week and it was such an amazing come back!! Too bad they lost to the Chiefs last night, but wow, they have to be proud of their season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use Feedly but I haven’t seen those icons before. I did find some information here with regards to them https://blog.feedly.com/discover-and-collect-indicators-of-compromise/. Hope it helps

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Feedly. I see the icons in my feed. I read the article that Shelleyrae provided the link to, but I can't wrap my mind around what the article is saying. I still don't know why I would want to / need to do anything the article tells me how to do. LOL

      Delete
  10. I've worked a 4 day week the last year or more and love it. The paycheck does take a bit of a hit but I feel like that's a worthwhile trade off for a better work/life balance. I have Feedly but wouldn't say I 'use' it much...I always forget, so I'm no help on that one. Hope you enjoy your books this week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-34

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummer about the Jags but that is great they had a good season this year after last year! I'm from Cincinnati, so I know about have a bad team for years who suddenly get some momentum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love four day weeks, too. And that sausage/tortellini soup sounds very yummy. :D I hope this five day week is a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Jags played a great game! My Chiefs made some mistakes that I feared would lose us the game, but in the end we scrambled and got it. I think your team is going places next year for sure! Shorter work weeks are nice, although ours was crazy busy! I'm trying to do more cooking to be more healthy, and finding some good recipes and others I won't do again. Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  14. I listened to Tainted Love so much in my youth I can barely listen to it these days. lol.
    I love that you and your co-worked found so many similarities! It's fun to find connections with people.
    Looks like you had some fun books! I am reading that Faking It with #41 that you recommended now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use Feedly but my feed doesn't look like that, never has those symbols. I have a paragraph for each entry, about 6 or so per page. I've now chosen to make soup every Saturday night. I made my daughter's favorite last night. Yours sounds good to me but she doesn't eat red meat ( maybe I could use turkey or chicken sausage) but finding GF tortellini can be rough. I'm currently working on a pile of Sawyer Bennett freebies, and loving them. Genesis is one I have but I also bought it on audio.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  16. That soup recipe sounds delicious! I was rooting for your Jaguars too. They really did have an amazing season. And oh boy, your totally random is so me that it's actually embarrassing, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your soup sounds so good - i may have to try it, thanks for sharing the recipe. I use Feedly and I did see those symbols all of a sudden today and now they seem to be gone. so no idea? have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soups are perfect for cold weather! I'll check out your recipe. Awesome that the Jaguars came so far even if they didn't win this last game. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on that Nora Roberts. I've enjoyed her books in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love soup; it's so warm and comforting and filling. Perfect for cold weather. Alas, I cannot try your recipe; I'm allergic to tomatoes. But I am planning a potato soup in the next week or two.

    Enjoy The Choice. I thought it was good, though not my favorite in the series. But I was really happy to finally have the trilogy wrapped up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG the lists! I don't know how many times (including just yesterday) that we had to turn around after driving away without our lists lol

    I'm trying to do better and keep it on my phone but I like going old school :-)

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL! Your meme has me cracking up. I once forgot my grocery list at home and somehow remembered all 29 items from it. I like to bring it up a lot since it was such a great accomplishment for me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's a great time of year for soup! I'll have to look that one up.

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/blog-1/2023/1/21/on-my-nightstand-january-22-2023

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how fun about all the similarities between you and the person you work with. I got a delay on going into work today because of weather, so that was nice!

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hadn't noticed the green icons on feedly until you mentioned them, what do they mean and why only some posts? Hopefully you can find out and let the rest of us know. And how funny you had so much in common with a coworker you rarely got to speak to. I found out today my mom works with the brother of someone I used to work with and I was like small world.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love making soups during the cold months too! That book by Lydia Michaels is now on my TBR 😊.

    ReplyDelete