That's What He Said Thursday #26

(graphic created by Kei at The Lovely Pages Reviews)

That's What He Said Thursday is a weekly meme created 
and hosted bChapter Break. It's a fun way to share a quote 
from a favorite book boyfriend (aka male protagonist) to his girl.
For more info, visit Chapter Break here.
I read A Court of Thorns and Roses last year kind of on a whim, because fantasy isn't really my genre. But the synopsis hooked me (and let's be real: that 
cover ♥) and it ended up being my big surprise of the year and one of my favorite reads of 2015. I haven't yet started A Court of Mist and Fury and, even though I've tried to avoid spoilers like the plague, I get the feeling that my ship sinks hard in that one. But for now I am still firmly Team Tamlin so this week's That's What He Said Thursday is for him.



"I love you," he whispered, and kissed my brow. "Thorns and all."


Have you read ACOTAR and ACOMAF?
Team Tamlin or Team Rhysand?


12 comments

  1. I haven't read this because I am worried I won't like it but I really should since I see SUCH good reviews! Love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hesitant about it, too, Eva. Fantasy isn't usually my thing. But the synopsis intrigued me, I loved the idea of a (loose) Beauty and the Beast retelling, and the reviews were crazy good. I'm so glad I took a chance on it because it became a favorite. :)

      Delete
  2. I really need to read a SJM book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely has a loyal (somewhat rabid LOL) fan base! I read Throne of Glass a couple years ago and never continued with the series. I liked it okay but didn't love it. But ACOTAR... that one really got me. ♥

      Delete
  3. Love this quote! I completely forgot about it! and i used to love Tamlin too (still kinda do) until book 2.
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that quote! I just adore it. Evie Seo has a fantastic shop at Society 6 and has several ACOTAR-themed designs. I have the pillow with that quote and a notebook with the quote. I'm a little obsessed with it. LOL

      Delete
  4. It's sitting on my shelf, Tanya, because yeah, I love the cover. ;) I'll have to try to pull it down sooner than later since it made such an impression on you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL The cover is what grabbed me at first, too, Brandee. I'm happy to say the inside totally lives up to the fabulous cover. :) I plan on starting the second book in the next few days and I'm so excited for it!

      Delete
  5. I am really into fantasy lately, so this book sounds like something I would enjoy. Tbh, I own both ACOTAR and the 2nd book ACOMAF and I still haven't read them. I am all caught up on the Throne of Glass series, so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish I had loved Throne of Glass, Karen! I read it about 2 years ago and was thought is was okay but not great. It just didn't floor me like it seemed to for everyone else. And I've never continued with the series. (*ducks from anything being thrown*) Everyone tells me the books only get better and better but I'm just not sure if I'll continue. I'm constantly on the fence about it.

      Delete