The Sunday Post #26


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the info here:

Happy weekend! I've had such a great week and I hope you have, too. I'm in the midst of enjoying a long weekend. I haven't had any time off in a while (being at home with pneumonia last month does *not* count as time off LOL) so I decided to take a couple days around my birthday and just relax and enjoy. On Friday I went out to lunch and then kicked back and enjoyed a mani-pedi. Heaven! On Saturday my husband and I hopped down to Orlando for a little day trip. We hit up a Barnes & Noble (I don't know why, but I'm convinced that particular B&N is better than all the ones here at home) and then IKEA.


We bought a new bookcase at IKEA so cue the happy dance. :) My husband spent several hours putting it together this morning and now the real fun begins... filling it up! And, finally, we went out for a fabulous meal at Terra Gaucha tonight. Good food, beautiful surroundings, and great company. 
I couldn't ask for more.


Tuesday, September 13: Choosing my top 10 contemporary romances is an exercise in futility. There are just too many! But I had a go at it and came up with 10 that I truly loved. 


Friday, September 16: Freebie Friday is back this week for round two! If you see anything you like in that big stack of books, be sure to enter the giveaway! 

 

  
Finished
It Ends With Us - Colleen Hoover
I'm still speechless and overcome with emotion.
Just a Kiss - Denise Hunter 

Current
Choosing Happy - Samatha Harris


Physical Books:
 

Kindle Books:

ARCS:




How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share? 
You know I want to hear about it! :)

14 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Yay for B&N and new bookcases. Glad you had wonderful dinner too. Hope you enjoy all your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. I am ridiculously excited about arranging and organizing the new bookcase. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh that looks so good! And you got so many books, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kei! I'm so excited to start organizing the new bookcase. A perfect excuse to play with my books. LOL

      Delete
  3. The One Real Thing is a great book. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great to hear, Lauren! I'm excited to start it.

      Delete
  4. I LOL'd at that quote -- totally agree re: hair!! Looks like a great week of time off and reading so yay ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Isn't it the truth, Eva? If only I had known then how great it was to have someone else fix my hair every day. LOL

      Delete
  5. Yay for new bookcase. I wish I had the space for another one. I keep running out of room on my shelves. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I so get it, Kristin. I think it's every book lover's dilemma... where to put all the books! I just recently did a big weeding out (hence my Freebie Friday giveaways) and I'm still going to be hurting for room. *sigh*

      Delete
  6. Awesome that you got some "me" time around your birthday, and yeah for new shelves! I have heard such good things about It Ends With Us, obviously I need to get it. I love the quote at the end, too. That is just so damned true. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love "me time!" And the new bookcase... I am ridiculously happy about organizing it. I get to play with the books. LOL It Ends With Us... gah! I'm still not emotionally ready to write my review.

      Delete
  7. Extra points to hubby's favorite HP house for putting together the bookcase! It's going to look so good in that room with your other shelf! I love the pictures you posted Tanya!
    And speaking of pictures, what an awesome photo of the two of you at dinner! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday! Happy birthday (again)! Enjoy your time off!
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! I should tell Robert that... he would laugh. Actually I don't think either of us have ever sorted ourselves. *hangs head in shame* And thank you so much for the kinds words... you are just too, too sweet! Consider yourself hugged. :) Thanks again for the birthday wishes!!

      Delete