The Sunday Post #338 | May 28, 2023

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

The A/C in my office at work was up and down all week - working one day, not working the next. It affects me (I'm in the executive suite with the Board of Directors) and the Accounting offices just above us. The only plus side is that since it's impacting the Board it gets immediate attention. Even so, it's frustrating and being hot makes me grouchy. One afternoon I went and just sat in HR for half an hour because it was downright chilly in there. 

The Husband has come down with a nasty head cold (at least I hope it's just a cold). I've been keeping him supplied with chicken noodle soup (all he wants is chicken noodle soup from Chick-fil-A) while trying to stay healthy myself and not catch whatever he has. I guess if he had to get sick, it's better now than next week, when we have a getaway planned.

With tomorrow being a holiday, that means only four more work days until our getaway. It can't come soon enough. Hopefully by this time next Sunday I will be poolside (well, under an umbrella, wearing a hat, and slathered in SPF 50... but still poolside) with a book in one hand and a fruity drink in the other. 

Just for a laugh, this week's throwback song is I'm Too Sexy (1992) by Right Said Fred. Enjoy the cheese-fest, friends! 😄



ON THE BLOG


Tuesday, May 23

Thursday, May 25

Friday, May 26


WHAT I READ



Audio: Beautifully Broken Pieces by Catherine Cowles - 4.25★

Kindle: Say You Won't Let Go (Hennington Brothers #3.5) by Corinne Michaels - 4★

Kindle: Into the Tide by Laura Pavlov - DNF @ 17%

I may try Into the Tide another time, but I just wasn't feeling it.


CURRENTLY READING

      


Audio: Beautifully Broken Life by Catherine Cowles

Kindle: Fireball by Abbi Glines


NEW ADDITIONS


Not a thing.

TOTALLY RANDOM

Memorial Day:
A day for remembrance of those who have died in service to this country.

"Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay."
-Barack Obama




HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

16 comments

  1. It's not just about being hot if the A/C in an office goes out. Most don't have windows that open. I would be gone. I hope this week is well ventilated. OMG! The book I just finished had that song playing in a scene. Kismet! Hope the hubs is feeling better for the getaway and that you both have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - Exactly! No A/C *and* no windows to open is a bad combination. It feels so muggy in the office. Ugh. Better luck this coming week, I hope. Too funny that I'm Too Sexy was in your book! lol

      Delete
  2. Sorry you're dealing with fluctuating work temps. It sounds miserable. I hope your husband gets better soon and you don't catch it so that your getaway is everything you want it to be. Right Said Fred... That brings back so many memories!
    I'm sad you didn't love Into the Tide. I'm thinking maybe Honey Mountain series would be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - Yeah, Into the Tide just wasn't working for me. The dialogue felt clunky and I wasn't connecting to any of the characters. After 3 days I could feel myself falling into a slump so I decided to DNF for now. I haven't given up on Pavlov, though! :)

      Delete
  3. I hope your husband will get better soon and that you'll escape the cold! I am also grouchy when I am hot Tanya LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - Thank you! He seems to be feeling better today and I still feel fine so hopefully all is well!

      Delete
  4. Happy Memorial Day! And I hope both you and your husband are well for your upcoming getaway. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, getting sick when it's hot out is the worst. I hope he's feeling better soon, definitely before next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this week you don't have the sick or the hot, and can get through a shorter week to the getaway.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that about if it affects the Board it gets immediate attention. lol

    Hope you have a great getaway. A fruity drink poolisde sounds great!

    That video takes me back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you'll be able to stay healthy. You'll be poolside before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh being hot is the worst, especially at work. One time in Phoenix our office AC went out and the computer room overheated so they sent us all home. I filled my bathtub with cold water and got in it like it was a swimming pool I was so dang hot!

    Enjoy your getaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Memorial Weekend! Sorry to hear about your husband! Feed him lots of Orange Juice. Many get sick this time of year, so most likely its just going around. Glad you are enjoying those Catherine Cowles though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't stand to be hot so I feel your pain about the AC being on the fritz. Sorry to hear about your hubby being sick. I hope he's feeling better in time for your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm Too Sexy brings back the memories! Sorry to hear the hubby is sick and about the A/C condition! I can't stand being hot! Hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation. You may be there right now since I'm reading this late. Looking forward to some pics! :)

    ReplyDelete