WWW Wednesday #125 | May 10, 2023

 

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words.
Just share your answers to three questions:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you'll read next?


What are you currently reading?

     

Kindle: Smokeshow by Abbi Glines

Currently reading: I swore I was done with Abbi Glines a few years ago, and
haven't read anything from her since. Then Smokeshow comes along and my interest 
was piqued. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a hate read (as they last couple I read from 
Glines did). I just started it this morning so I'll see how it goes.
Current progress: 12%

Currently listening: Piper Rayne is my go-to when I want something lighter. This 
second book in the Kingsmen Football series is already shaping up to be a good time.
Current progress: 14%


What did you recently finish reading?

      

Audio: Echoes of You by Catherine Cowles - ★★★★
Kindle: Declaration of Courtship by Nalini Singh - ★★★★.5

Recently listened to: Echoes of You was a great continuation of the Lost & Found series. 
I loved getting Nash and Maddie's story. I've gotta say, though, it's a good thing that 
the small town of Cedar Ridge is fictional, because all the crazy killers seem to gather 
there. LOL

Recently read: Declaration of Courtship may not be a full length novel, but it's one 
of my favorite entries in the Psy-Changeling series yet! I could not love Cooper and 
Grace more and their dynamic was *chef's kiss.* 

What do you think you'll read next?

      

I'm feeling the itch to head back into the Hades Hangmen world, so 
Deep Redemption will likely be my next read.


What are you reading today?

16 comments

  1. I am so looking forward to starting that Cole series. It's been forever since I've read one of Glines books. Hope you end up enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison - I am so wrapped up in the Tillie Cole series. I already don't want it to end.

      Delete
  2. I had the same worry with that Glines book. Luckily, it worked for me. I hope it does for you. If not, you can really be done with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - Well, it was pretty much a hate-read but that's not going to stop me from reading the next book. LOL

      Delete
  3. This week I'm finishing up reading The Vibrant Years by Sonali Dev, and listening to Happy Place by Emily Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super curious to see how it goes with the Glines book. Her last few have just been ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - I gave up on Glines a a few years back. Her characters all felt the same, book after book, and I wanted to throttle them all. LOL It was really the same here - *exact* same character types - but it was like a wreck that I couldn't look away from. Haha!

      Delete
  5. I chuckled when I saw you were reading the Abbi Glines book. I hope it doesn't turn into a hate read for you, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne - Yeah, Smokeshow was pretty much a hate-read... but in a good way? Is that a thing? LOL

      Delete
  6. I haven't been reading Abbi Glines for awhile as well now. I'm curious to read your thoughts about that one. And yes.. Cedar Ridge would be one crazy town. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen - I'm figuring out that any town Cowles writes about is someplace that I better stay away from. Too many killers! lol

      Delete
  7. Great week you are having!!! I am so SO thrilled you loved Declaration of Courtship. Isn't it so so good?? I loved the dom/sub dynamic between them. Just perfect. And all the foreplay and courtin' was so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee - Declaration of Courtship was so, so good! I would have loved a full-length novel for their story. :)

      Delete
  8. It's been a long time since I read an Abbi Glines. Hope you enjoyed Smokeshow. So happy to hear you loved Declaration of Courtship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - I'm finding that I love all the novellas and bonus content just as much as the full-length novels.

      Delete