Musing Mondays #01


Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm 
that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

*I’m currently reading…
*Up next I think I’ll read…
*I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
*I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
*I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
*I can’t wait to get a copy of…
*I wish I could read ___, but…
*I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Is a rainy day likely to inspire you to read?



I'm currently reading A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. Outside my comfort zone but I'm really enjoying it! The whole Beauty and the Beast retelling was too good for me to ignore.

Up next? Wow, that's up in the air. Despite the number of books on my shelves and on my Kindle, I still can't seem to resist the siren song of the library. Tell me I'm not the only one that does this. :) So I currently have a stack of about five library books that I may or may not get to before they're due back. I'll just have to see what I feel like reading after I finish ACOTAR. I'm very much a mood reader so who knows what I'll grab next.

And this week's random question: Does a rainy day inspire me to read? Absolutely! It's not like I need an excuse to read anyway, but something about a rainy day just makes it all the more perfect. I love a rainy day or even a good thunderstorm (and living in Florida means I get a hefty does of both) and those tend to make me want to stay at home. And staying at home is the perfect opportunity to curl up in a comfy chair, turn the ceiling fan on and grab a blanket (some would say that these cancel each other out but I disagree), and a good book completes the scene. Then it's just a matter of how long until reading time becomes nap time. Zzzz...


What are you reading today?
Does a rainy day make you feel like grabbing a book?




No comments