Top Ten Tuesday: Series I Haven't Finished Yet

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme 


I think many of us can say we have plenty of series that have been "in work" for a looong time. Sure, sometimes we haven't completed them because the series is still ongoing and all the books aren't out yet. (And yet even then we're not caught up.) But there are plenty of series that are complete and we *still* haven't finished them. Why do we do this? Why not make progress on our TBR's and finish these series? I have no answers... but I do have 10 series to share that I haven't finished yet. :) In no particular order...


#10

Throne of Glass series - Sarah J. Maas
I've read the first book, Throne of Glass, but have yet to continue on. I hear the books only get better, but I'm not a big fantasy reader so it hasn't been high on my list.

#9

Never Never - Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
I have a reason for this. I have Part Two but I'm waiting to read it until Part Three comes out so it'll be fresh in my mind. So there.

#8

The Raven Cycle - Maggie Stiefvater
I read The Raven Boys last year and, despite all the rave reviews, I just wasn't bowled over by it. I haven't decided yet if I'll continue on with the series. Feeling kinda meh about it.


#7

Pushing the Limits series - Katie McGarry
I adore Katie McGarry and her Pushing the Limits series. And I'm not that far behind - just one book, I think. I've not yet read Breaking the Rules, the continuation of Noah and Echo's story. But it'll happen soon. For real. 

#6

Addicted series - Krista & Becca Ritchie
If you've followed me for any length of time at all you know I *love* the Addicted series. I think Krista & Becca Ritchie are phenomenal storytellers. I've read up through Thrive - the 6th book - and will be reading Addicted After All soon. I'll be so sad when they wrap this series up!


#5

Ten Tiny Breaths series - K.A. Tucker
I discovered K.A. Tucker last year and was an instant fan. I'm only one book from completing this series and I'm actually putting it off on purpose... because I don't want it to end. :) But I'm sure I'll be reading Five Ways to Fall pretty soon.

#4

Rusk University series - Cora Carmack
When it comes to the lighter side of New Adult, Cora Carmack does it just right. I love her Rusk University series and have read the first two books. All Played Out was just released this past May so I'm really not so far behind. 


#3

Outlander series - Diana Gabaldon
Oh, there was a time when I was thoroughly addicted to Jamie and Claire and all things Outlander. Over the years I read the first 5 books (some 4,900 pages) but stepped away from that world for a bit and haven't returned to it yet. I know that one of these days I *will* continue with the series.


#2

The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey
I read The 5th Wave last year and was truly taken with it. I picked up the second in the trilogy, The Infinite Sea, when it came out but immediately started seeing very mixed reviews. I'm sure I'll continue with the series at some point, but it's not at the top of my list. 


#1

The Bronze Horseman - Paullina Simons
I wish I had a good explanation for this one. Or at least one that I could articulate well. I read The Bronze Horseman almost 2 years ago. It instantly became (and has remained) my favorite book of all time. And yet I have not completed the trilogy. I think it's because when I read the other two books... it's over. Until I do, I do still all that promise in front of me. All the love and romance and heartbreak and just... epicness (is that even a word?)... is yet to be enjoyed. So for now, I savor the anticipation. 



So which series do you have in work? Any that you've been part-way through for a long time? Any that you've decided to just call it quits on? 
Comment below and share. :)



No comments