Top 5 Wednesday: Title Fonts


Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey at GingerReadsLainey.
Click HERE for a complete list of participants and future topics.



This week's topic is Top 5 Title Fonts on CoversI'm a total font junkie so this is right up my alley. This would be a perfect post to showcase all kinds of fun fonts. And if I could figure out Google Fonts and the necessary CSS there would be a never ending array of fun fonts here on the blog. But, as far as I'm concerned, it might as well be NASA code so I'm stuck with the basics Blogger offers. ;-) Even more reason to get excited about the swoon-inducing fonts on my Top 5 picks for this week.


  

HAS TO BE LOVE - Jolene Perry
While I wasn't a fan of the book, that doesn't change the fact that the cover font is gorgeous. 
I love not only the hand written style but also all the extra swirls and flourishes.

THE INFINITE MOMENT OF US - Lauren Myracle
I love hand written fonts and the script on this one is just beautiful. It's
loose and open and I can almost imagine it being written by main character Wren.

THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN - Holly Black
Here's a great example of a font matching its story perfectly. It love the
gothic look of the font and, to me, it seems to evoke a creepy vibe 
even from the cover.

 

HEART-SHAPED HACK - Tracey Garvis Graves 
The scratchy look of this one is fun and I love the take on names
or initials being scratched/carved onto a tree. 

WHAT YOU LEFT BEHIND - Jessica Verdi
And now my favorite. This one makes me positively giddy. The mix
of upper and lowercase lettering gets me every time and I like 
the large size font that takes up the entire cover. Just dreamy.


Do you pay attention to title fonts? What are your favorites? 






No comments