The Sunday Post #332 | April 16, 2023

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

Hi friends! I hope everyone has had a good week. It was a busy but productive week at the office. Nothing exciting at home - other than The Husband taking care of dinner two nights this week. :) On Monday and Thursday he put together dinners in the slow cooker while I was at the office. Coming home to dinner practically ready was a total treat!

The Tampa Bay Lightning had their last regular season game Thursday night and they killed it, winning over the Detroit Red Wings 5-0 (sorry Greg 😏). Plus, our center Brayden Point scored his 50th goal of the season. Super exciting. And now the fun begins... the Stanley Cup playoffs start next week. Woo hoo!


BookBub shared 14 Books to Read If You Love Taylor Jenkins Reid. I've only read one of them (Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover), but a couple others are already on my TBR.

And speaking of Colleen Hoover, she's included in Time Magazine's list of Most Influential People of 2023! It amazes me that she's been publishing since 2012 but over a decade later is now a "TikTok sensation." 😉


This week's throwback song is Nightshift (1985) by The Commodores. It was their tribute to singers Jackie Wilson and Marvin Gaye, both who had passed away the previous year. Enjoy!


 

ON THE BLOG

Tuesday April 11

Friday, April 14


WHAT I READ

       


Kindle: Wolfsong by T.J. Klune - 5★ (All. The. Stars.)

Audio: Say You'll Stay by Corinne Michaels - 4★


CURRENTLY READING


Audio: You Had Your Chance, Lee Burrows by Piper Rayne


NEW ADDITIONS


Kindle: Destined For Me (A Come Back for Me/Say You'll Stay Crossover Novella) -
by Corinne Michaels


TOTALLY RANDOM



HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?


25 comments

  1. Yeah the Wings aren't very good anymore are they? lol Maybe I'll root for the Lightning since MY team won't be there :)

    Oh wow Nightshift. Nice one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely nice to be cared for, and a hot meal is a nice way to show it. I peeped that list. Some of those books aren't even out yet. I didn't read the TJR book, but I read 2 from the list (Fortune, Santopolo) and DNFed one. I have a hold for The Sister Effect and Happy Place. Social media has definitely changed the game for many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why COHO would be on that list. She isn't an author that would appeal to me, but she really influences so many in the world. Its always nice coming home to a dinner where you have to do little prep for lol I LOVED Wolfsong too, so so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that cover of WolfSong. My husband does the cooking too since he's retired and I'm not, and it is nice to come home to a hot meal! Here's my SP: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2023/04/16/sunday-post-quick-update/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so nice to come home and not have to think about dinner. I envy you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to your team! Haha, my hubby is actually the cook in our house, so it's one less thing I have to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, Wolfsong looks really good (and you gave it five stars). I've added it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a long time since I heard that song Nightshift! Fun choice for this post. Hope this week ends up being a good one for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Blues haven't had a great season but I think that we will still try to watch some playoff hockey. I really need to read Wolfsong! I have a good feeling about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was great of your husband. Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your random chuckle. So great. :) And I'm listening to your music video as I type this....haven't heard this song in years! I added the Klune book to my TBR last time you mentioned it and I'm looking forward to reading it!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-45

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad that your husband is cooking for you! And congrats to Colleen Hoover!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so nice when someone else makes dinner.
    I love that cover of Wolfsong.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE when my husband makes dinner. I am so over making dinner right now.
    That's cool CoHo got that Time thing. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - Ugh, you and me both. Last weekend I asked my husband to come up with a week's worth of menus. Sometimes I don't even mind making it as long as I don't have to figure out what to make... night after night, week after week.

      Delete
  15. So you and Greg have a friendly rivalry over hockey hu? LOL And I am so happy that you loved Wolfsong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie - Definitely friendly... and rivalry might even be too strong a word. lol
      Wolfsong was *everything*!

      Delete
  16. This week was pretty ordinary, though I did get to go out for margaritas last night with a few friends. I'm off today smoking a couple chickens for dinner this week.

    Hoover is proof of doing what you love and trusting that your time will come. I love that she's become such a phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethan - Hooray for drinks out with friends! :) And I so agree with your comment about Hoover. She's been successful for years, but it's gone to the next level over the last year or so.

      Delete
  17. Isn't it so nice to come home to a dinner after work? I love it when my husband does that! Happy to hear your team is killing it! Poor Greg, lol.

    That random! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - Coming home to dinner has been a great perk since my husband retired. :)

      Delete
  18. There's not much better than not having to cook a meal after a long day of work, so yay hubby! That's so funny about CoHo now being considered a TikTok sensation after such a long career. She probably got a good chuckle about that too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne - I agree! There are definitely perks to the husband being retired. :)

      Delete
  19. I'm embarrassed to admit I've never read anything by Colleen Hoover or Taylor Jenkins Reed! I've bought books by both of them though so I have great intentions. That is too funny about Hoover being named in the Influential People list for being a TikTok sensation! I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete