The Sunday Post #334 | April 30, 2023

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

Ever have those weeks where you feel like you're on fire (in a good way), mowing through every to-do list, meeting every deadline, and taking care of every unexpected task? Yeah, that was me this week. It was a busy week at the office but I felt so productive. Gotta love that feeling! 

Since yesterday was Independent Bookstore Day, it was a good excuse to take a drive up to Amelia Island and check out Song & Story Bookstore/Bistro. It was a gorgeous shop with an eclectic mix of artwork, gifts, and of course books. Plus an outdoor bistro. Surprisingly, I didn't buy a thing, but it was fun to browse around and we enjoyed the little day trip.

      


Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary... 24 years with my best friend. Most years we plan a trip for our anniversary but somehow time got away from us this year. We'll have to plan something soon. 

This week's feel-good story is a good one. A Lowe's employee took the time to help a family with a special project - and it impacted him just as much as the family. Get your tissues ready.

This week's throwback song is Better Be Good to Me (1984) by Tina Turner. Enjoy!



ON THE BLOG


Tuesday April 25


WHAT I READ

      


Kindle: Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9) by Nalini Singh - 4★

Paperback/Audio: Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood - 3.5★


CURRENTLY READING



Audio: Say You Want Me (Hennington Brothers #2) by Corinne Michaels


NEW ADDITIONS


Not a thing. 

TOTALLY RANDOM

 



HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?

35 comments

  1. I wish I had such week Tanya LOL But I am happy you had a great week! And that bookstore seems so lovely! Also already happy birtdhay to you and your best friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! Maybe this week will be your super productive week. :)

      Delete
  2. That story was so heartwarming. I LOVED IT! You know I cried. Glad to hear you had a successful week, and congratulations on 24 years!!! I went 4/5 on Love on the Brain. That turn the story took took my enjoyment down a notch. I still liked it overall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - That story did my heart good. There is still such kindness in people. Yeah, the veer the plot took at the end of Love on the Brain... I was not a fan.

      Delete
  3. AWW CONGRATS on the Anniversary. That is incredible! I love that you two are so strong and together after all these years. Love seeing that in the Corinne Michaels. Cover is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! I love celebrating our anniversary. :)

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a "kicking butt and taking names" kind of week! Woohoo! And happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bookstore looks so neat! I love indie stores like that.

    That Random kind of rocked my world, honestly!!!!!

    I'm sorry t ohear about the Lightning. I checked the scores last night... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg - Yeah, the Lightning bowed out in game 6. Womp womp. The first time we have progressed past round one since 2019. Oh well, now I'm rooting for anyone to beat the Maple Leafs. LOL

      Delete
    2. Ha I know that feeling lol

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary! The bookstore looks lovely. Loved your favorite narrators post too. Some of my favorite are there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nise' - Thank you! I had such a wonderful time browsing though that bookstore. :)

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary! How I would like to do more getaways but I am still nervous about it. I enjoyed all the books you are reading. Here's to another productive week and I hope I get some of that mojo for all the May projects I have planned.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne - I totally understand that. I was uber-cautious for almost 3 years. And I still consider myself pretty cautious as far as exposure goes (certainly more so from those around me). But for me, I finally decided I couldn't continue being housebound. It had taken a toll. And it's not as if Covid is going away. So earlier this year I started slowly getting out more. I am still cautious about close contact and try to avoid that whenever possible, but otherwise I am trying to return to a semblance of normal, while still keeping safety in mind. But I firmly believe that everyone has to do what they are comfortable with - and there is no right or wrong way.

      Delete
  8. That bookstore looks so cute! I wish I had a bookstore like that near me. And happy anniversary tomorrow! Here's wishing you many more happy years together. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark! I'm looking forward to a special dinner out tonight.

      Delete
  9. Happy anniversary! 24 years - that's incredible. I wasn't able to visit a bookstore in person yesterday but I did spend a small fortune on Bookshop.org!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I'd saying dropping a bundle at Bookshop.org counts as recognizing Independent Bookstore Day. :)

      Delete
  10. Happy anniversary! The bookstore looks so fun and like a wonderful place to browse. I refuse to believe the 2022/1970 thing and I refuse to do that math to check it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! I had a great time exploring the bookstore on Saturday. It made for a fun day trip.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful book store! Happy anniversary, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you're on fire this week as much as you were last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna! Today was productive, at least, so the week is off to a good start. :)

      Delete
  13. Yay for the productive week and Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, that random fact at the end makes me feel very old. Happy Anniversary! We will celebrated our 24th in December. I don't know how you were able to leave the book store with nothing! I hope that you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole - Same! I kept looking at it thinking, that can't be true! lol

      Delete
  15. That day trip sounds perfect. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete