Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Songs

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.


This Week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic:
Favorite Songs
 
This week's TTT prompt is a non-bookish freebie, which basically means anything goes. Music has always been such a big part of my life, and I love including some favorites in my Sunday Posts. So today I'm sharing ten of my favorite songs. (Not necessarily my top ten faves - because who could pick just ten?! - but just ten that I love. Some of these may have made an appearance in a Sunday Post over the years, but I can't be bothered to go back and check. :) Oh, and fair warning: based on my age and my musical preferences, I don't think any of the songs came out post-2000, and most are from the 80's. Enjoy!

1. I WILL GO WITH YOU (CON TE PARTIRO)
DONNA SUMMER


There are many beautiful renditions of Con Te Partiro (most in Italian), but I'm partial to this version by Donna Summer. There is a note she holds at the end that gives me chills every single time

2. GOD ONLY KNOWS
PENTATONIX


This is a Beach Boys classic, and while the original is breathtaking with the amazing harmonies, the remake by Pentatonix is just as stunning.

3. ONLY YOU
ALISON MOYET


Alison Moyet first released this song back in the early 80's as one-half of the band Yaz (or Yazoo). I love this version that she performed at a Burberry show a few years back.

4. LESSONS IN LOVE
LEVEL 42


This one truly is an all-time favorite. It lifts my spirits every time I hear it, gives me all the good feels... and it has a killer bassline. :)

5. EVERLASTING LOVE
CARL CARLTON


There have been so many remakes of this song over the years, but my favorite will always be Carl Carlton's version from the mid-70's. This one is an instant mood-lifter for me.

6. WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER
SARAH BRIGHTMAN


Sarah Brightman's cover of this Queen song is so hauntingly beautiful. Her voice slays me.

7. ROMEO'S TUNE
STEVE FORBERT


A forever favorite.

8. TRIP THE LIGHT
ALICIA LEMKE


Another feel-good entry that always lifts my mood (are you seeing a theme here?) :) 

9. DON'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY
THE COMMUNARDS


There are so many versions of this song out there, starting back in the mid-70's, but my favorite will always be this 1986 version by The Communards. Love it!

10. KISSING A FOOL
GEORGE MICHAEL


Oh how I miss George Michael and his gorgeous voice.



Do you know any of these songs? :)
What's one of your favorite songs?

31 comments

  1. Fun post! I listen to music everyday, and agree it'd be hard to narrow down to just 10 favorite songs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy - Picking favorite songs is as impossible as picking 10 favorite books! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose list of favorite songs would have very few post 2000 songs on it. Some of these are new to me though, which is fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne - LOL You are not alone. I'm guessing we are of a (sort of) similar age. :)

      Delete
  3. I love Pentatonix!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-my-favourite-things/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lydia - They were recently in concert here and I wish I could have seen them.

      Delete
  4. All new to me! (Well, I have heard, I think, the Donna Summer song in Italian). Lovely idea for a post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb - The original version of Con Te Partiro is just as amazing.

      Delete
  5. George Michael, sigh! What a voice! I grew up listening to my parents' favorite music, so I also enjoy a lot of "oldies."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela - George Michael was such a long-time favorite. Right on back to his Wham days. :)

      Delete
  6. That Donna Summer song is so pretty.


    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    Astilbe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Astible - I love that one. She had such a powerful voice!

      Delete
  7. I do love many of these songs, you shared some great ones there and it was fun also seeing what music is your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee - I always think it's interesting to get a peek at others' musical tastes. :)

      Delete
  8. I know almost all of these songs! They are great ones. I am still singing those last 2 in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - I love that you know most of these! :) Those last two are ones that I can listen to over and over.

      Delete
  9. Oh I didn't know that Pentatonix version of God Only Knows, but it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey - I imagine it's a really difficult song to do well, but Pentatonix really kills it!

      Delete
  10. I just discovered Pentatonix a couple years ago and am a huge fan. I have tickets to their summer concert series when it comes to WA. So excited to see them in person. And I totally agree about George Michael - I really enjoyed his music.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/ttt-freebie-personal-sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie - How exciting that you have Pentatonix tickets! They'll be here in August but I'm still not comfortable being in such a crowded space.

      Delete
  11. I miss George Michael too... and Level !!! Wow nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea for this week's TTT! I love both Pentatonix and that Sarah Brightman song. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't recognize the Lemke song, but I knew all the others. This is quite an interesting mix. Hard too! I have so many favorite songs, but I know The Smiths and The Cure would be on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely miss George Michael! I am a total 80s music lover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great songs! My favorite would have to be George Michael, such a loss to the world of music. I heard they're making a biopic about his life and I'm curious what it will be like.

    Simply Angela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Most are new to me, a little before my time! I know the Queen song (my mum is a big Queen fan so she got me and my sister into their music), Don't Leave Me This Way, Everlasting Love and God Only Knows but the rest are new to me.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/04/18/top-ten-tuesday-416/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really do miss George Michael. Sad that he died so young.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard a few of these! I love discovering new (old?) music.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, I can only imagine how hard this post was to do. 😃 I've always loved George Michael's Kissing a Fool. Such a gorgeous song. It's one I can listen to on repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, I love Pentatonix so much! The only other songs I know are George Michael’s and Donna Summer’s but I always love discovering new music so I’ll give the others a listen. Great post, Tanya! 😃

    ReplyDelete