The Sunday Post #223 | September 20, 2020

   

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books,
 and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead. 
It's been a month since my last Sunday Post and I've enjoyed the break. I don't know that I'll return to posting every single Sunday. I'm enjoying my new, relaxed blogging style too much to lock myself back in to any kind of definitive schedule. But I still enjoy checking in on everyone else's Sunday Posts and I'll contribute my own when the mood strikes. :)

Spending so much time in my home office over the last six months had me itching to revamp the decor and I completed a couple projects in there this week. I finished the gallery wall that I've been working on for a couple weeks (finding the right art pieces, the right frames, painting the frames, etc.) and I'm in love with how it turned out. I find myself staring at it constantly. And The Husband put in floating shelves on the wall behind my desk. I'm not sure if I'm quite done styling those yet (I keep adding and subtracting and moving things around) but I'm happy with how it's looking so far.

Gallery wall
Floating shelves

I used my library's curbside pick-up service for the first time this week. I've long used Overdrive but this is the first time I wanted a physical copy since the pandemic. I had to reserve a pick-up time, park in a designated spot, put down the back window for them to drop the book in (it really was no-contact). They have a great system in place. The book I got was Dear Emmie Blue and hopefully I'll get to it before it's due back. :)

Feel free to skip ahead if you don't care about hockey. :) But my team is in the Stanley Cup Finals!! The Tampa Bay Lightning are killing it! They beat Columbus in the first round, they beat Boston (bahaha!) in the second round, and they beat the NY Islanders in the conference final. Last night was game one in the Stanley Cup finals (it's Saturday afternoon as I'm typing this and the game is tonight) so hopefully by the time you're reading this the Lightning will have their first win against Dallas already under their belt. Have you been watching the play-offs?

Tampa Lightning after winning the Eastern Conference title on September 17, 2020
 
This week's 80's music fix is It Must Be Love (1981) by Madness. Catchy pop with a reggae twist... I always liked this one.

Wednesday, September 16

WHAT I COMPLETED IN THE LAST WEEK

   

Physical Book:

Audio Book:


WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING

    

Reading:

Listening to:

How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share?
I'd love to hear about it!

38 comments

  1. I always love your Sunday posts, so happy to see one. No pressure to keep them up, though. 😉 How is that second Hush Notes book so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna - I appreciate that. Rifts & Refrains was so good! I didn't love it quite as much as Lies & Lullabies but it was close.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you've been busy with sprucing up the home office. I really enjoyed working on my patio. It's been a bit too cool to work out there all day. I already miss it. Congrats that your team is getting to play in the post season. It really is all about the little things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WFH on the patio? Sounds heavenly! It's been way too hot here to even consider that. Actually I wouldn't do it anyway because of all the lizards. I am practically phobic when it comes to lizards. Mean little freaks.

      Delete
  3. I love your gallery wall - so pretty! I did curbside pickup at my library only once or twice before they reopened - now I can just run in, grab my books, and do self-checkout, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love your home decor! I am all for taking breaks and non definitive schedules. You do what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And the change in my blogging life has helped immensely. Less pressure is always a good thing. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you are finding your own, relaxed blog schedule! Thats so important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm interested in hearing what you think about Wild at Heart. I think I heard there's a third book? I love Hockey romances so I should watch a game sometime, right? Love your art wall and shelves. The paint color is nice, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Wild at Heart. It was a lot more relationship-focused than plot-based but I was fine with that. Y'know, my love for hockey actually started with hockey romance, so you never know! :)

      Delete
  7. I can't believe it's been a month! I always enjoy your posts too. I'm so happy you are enjoying your office changes and your new relaxed schedule. Ok the reason I don't want to answer the door - I don't want to put on a bra! But my daughter - it's no bra and no pants. lol

    Anne - Books of my Heart Here is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, I've actually read reports that bra sales have dropped dramatically since the pandemic started. And I can understand why. For my weekly FaceTime meeting with the boss... of course. Otherwise, nope! :)

      Delete
  8. I just love your posts ....always. I hope you enjoy your new relaxed schedule. Love your office look, so elegant and classy. I am very curious about this "Hush Notes" series. Hope you are enjoying that ARC.

    Happy Sunday and hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee. The new, relaxed blogging style is definitely working for me.

      I'm loving the Hush Note series and highly recommend it!

      Delete
  9. Love your gallery wall. Inspiring. Blast from the past with Madness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A comfortable working space is so important, your gallery looks lovely.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kinda like the idea of skipping Sunday Posts once in a while, i should try that. More relaxed blogging is good. :) I love your wall art and floating shelves, by the way. Nicely done.

    Go Lightning!!! I hope they go all the way wooooo

    Land sharks lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds funny, but it's been freeing. Just throwing schedules and expectations out the window and just blogging if/when I feel like it. It's made me enjoy it more.

      Delete
  12. I love your gallery wall! Great color combination. Of course I’ve been watching hockey! I’m now a Lightning fan because the Stars knocked out my favorite teams. I hope Game 2 is better. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aj. We've been doing all kinds of house projects over the last 5-6 months so I've kind of been on a roll. :)

      Delete
  13. Your walls look so nice! I love the floating shelves! I never answer my door either XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too am having a relaxing blogging rhythme Tanya! Now the wall looks great! And I hope your team won LOL Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding that the more relaxed style of blogging works for me so much better. Goodbye to blogging pressure! :)

      Delete
  15. Your gallery wall is gorgeous! That really is a great system for library curbside pickup. I haven't tried our library's system yet since I'm pretty obsessed with Overdrive, but I've heard it's similar to what you described.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Overdrive 99% of the time but they only had a physical copy of the book I wanted. I was really happy with their curbside process.

      Delete
  16. Yay for relaxed blogger Tanya lol

    I love the photos and shelves in your room. The wall color is very pretty too.

    I'm reading In a Holidaze right now and I'm liking it!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why but it's taking me forever to get through In a Holidaze. I'm enjoying it, so that's not it, but after a week I'm only just over halfway through. *shrugs*

      Delete
  17. Finding your own relaxed schedule for blogging is (IMO) key to enjoying blogging, so I'm glad you've found what works for you. Your office wall looks so nice with the art and the book shelves. I know what you mean about being in a space so much that you want to redecorate. I'm constantly trying to make our space better with all Dante's toys and my desk space. (I have a toy chest system arriving today, for example 😂). I hope you're having a great week (and that your team won!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Berls. I don't know why I pushed myself for so long. Or placed certain expectations on myself. I mean, I wasn't enjoying it so why didn't I do this sooner? lol

      Delete
  18. I'm glad to read you've been enjoying your break. Good for you! You should definitely do what feels good for you.
    I love the look of your gallery wall. Super pretty.
    Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen! It feels great to take a step back and spend more time reading and letting blogging take a backseat sometimes.

      Delete
  19. Love the new decor! Putting up pictures and stuff is the one step I'm kind of horrible at. We haven't put anything back up on the walls in the family room yet, even though we finished painting months ago.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole. We had the whole interior of the house painted a couple months ago so it felt great to finally get something back up on the walls in the office. Especially since I'm in here all day! :)

      Delete