WWW Wednesday #114 | July 27, 2022

    

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words
Just share your answers to three questions: 
What are you currently reading? 
What did you recently finish reading? 
What do you think you'll read next?


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

      

Knotted (Trails of Sin #1) by Pam Godwin
My Scorned Best Friend (The Greene Family #7) by Piper Rayne

These two books are obviously on opposite ends of the romance spectrum which just
shows that my reading mood is all over the place right now. 😉

Currently reading: I've been meaning to try something by Pam Godwin for quite a while 
and when I recently saw a favorite BookTuber discuss Knotted, I decided it was the one I 
would start with. I was sucked in from the start and have been flying through it. It's dark 
and gritty and I love these characters. I can see myself bingeing the next two books 
because I need to see where their stories are going to go.
Current progress: 65%

Currently listening: The wait for Clara and Xavier's story is finally over. In My 
Scorned Best Friend, these two best friends are finally getting together after a two year estrangement. I just love the Greene family and the small town setting of Sunrise Bay, 
Alaska. 
Current progress: 85%

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?

     

Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4) by Nalini Singh - ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Love Lessons (Brooklyn Bruisers #12) by Sarina Bowen - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Recently read: The Psy-Changeling series continues to have a hold on me. Mine to 
Possess had a slightly darker tone with Talin's background of abuse. I loved the push and 
pull between Clay and Talin and the way they helped heal one another after so many years 
apart. 

Recently listened to: Love Lessons was another excellent addition to the Brooklyn 
Bruisers world. Ian and Vera could not have been more opposite but tell that to their
chemistry. The time at the Italian villa with the other couples was amazing and back
at home there was a scene with team captain O'Doul that brought me sniffling and 
wiping away the tears.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?

     

Reason to Believe by Rebecca Yarros
Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling #5) by Nalini Singh

I'm never sure what I'll read next, but both of these are strong possibilities.


WHAT ARE YOU READING TODAY?
LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS! :)

29 comments

  1. I'm so happy you enjoyed Love Lessons and I can't wait for you to read Yarros' book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for Reason to Believe. I'm certain I'm going to love it!

      Delete
  2. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many Brooklyn books to read. I heard good things, and it marks the end of an era there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam - I haven't heard that she's ending it so my fingers are crossed that there are more to come.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed Love Lessons. Ian and Vera were great together and I did love the part in Italy. I really need to read Yarros soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reason to Believe looks good. I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the Psy-Changeling books! I think books 10 and after are sooo good! I rated most of the ones before 4 stars, and then 5 stars with book 10 and after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - I love hearing that I have so many good ones to look forward to!! :)

      Delete
  7. I really like the sound of Reason to Believe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wanting to read Godwin's Trails of Sin series. I need to finish the Deliver series, too. I'm also really wanting to read Dark Notes and Sea of Ruin. I've definitely been throwing in lots of dark reads amongst my other books lately. My reading has been all over the place, too. LOL! Glad you're enjoying Knotted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison - I definitely want to move on to Godwin's Deliver series but I'm going to finish the Trails of Sin trilogy first. I really loved Knotted!

      Delete
    2. Yay! So glad you loved it. You have me more excited to get to it!

      Delete
  9. Just wait till you get to Heart of Obsidian in the Psu-Changeling series. It's one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie - I've got quite a few books to read before that one but I'm getting there! :)

      Delete
  10. That's great you've been having some good reads. I'm currently reading NOS4A2 by Joe Hill which is LONG. It's good, but I feel like I've been reading it forever.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren - Oh yeah, that one is definitely a chunker! Hope you're enjoying it! :)

      Delete
  11. I am so happy that you are enjoying Knotted so well. I absolutely love Pam Godwin but haven't read that one yet even though its sitting on my kindle collecting digital dust haha So you definitely have me intrigued now.

    It looks like you have some fun books ahead to kick off the weekend! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee - There was so much I loved about Knotted. I know it won't be too long before I inhale the next two books in the trilogy!

      Delete
  12. Ooh, I had no idea the Greene family series was set in small town Alaska! That makes me more keen to check it out now 😃 Reason to Believe was my first book by Yarros and I really enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to reading more books by her soon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dini - I hope you'll continue to enjoy more by Rebecca Yarros. She's become a real go-to author for more over the last few years.

      Delete
  13. Knotted sounds really good! I've been bouncing all over the place this week with my reading. I finished the latest Kerry Winfrey yesterday, Kate Quinn's The Diamond Eye earlier in the week, and Upgrade by Blake Crouch a few minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne - Knotted kept me riveted. It was dark, and so good. I need to put Upgrade on hold for my husband. He really enjoys Blake Crouch.

      Delete
  14. Piper Rayne's covers are seriously the prettiest! I grabbed her book Lessons from a One-Night Stand and I hope I love this series as much as you when I pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen - Aren't those covers gorgeous? I just love the colors and the couples. I have Lessons from a One Night Stand, too, but have not read it yet.

      Delete