1989 Book Tag

Charnell from Reviews from a Bookworm has created an awesome original book tag based of the lyrics from Taylor Swift's 1989 album. I wasn't tagged but it looks like fun so I'm doing it anyway. I'm a rebel like that. If you're interested in playing along, I TAG YOU.


WELCOME TO NEW YORK 
"You can want who you want, boys and boys and girls and girls."
A Book With LGBT Themes

Every Day by David Levithan is the one that immediately comes to mind since I just read it. Main character A inhabits the bodies of someone new every day and throughout the course of the book that includes LGBT characters. It's interesting to note that, as a reader, we never even know A's gender. He just... is.


BLANK SPACE
"You can tell me when it's over if the high was worth the pain."
A Book That Hit You Right In The Feels... But Was Totally Worth It

Without a doubt, this one goes to Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. As Miles' story unfolded, I experienced all the feels. From heartbreak to sadness to hope and joy. Oh yeah, this one had it all.


OUT OF THE WOODS
"The rest of the world is black and white, but we're in screaming color."
A Book Which Had Vivid World-Building

I'm pretty much a straight-up contemporary girl and it's not like there's a lot of world building there. But I do stray now and then and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black is an outstanding example of world building. I could see it all so clearly: the Last Stop Cafe, the Coldtown, Lucien's mansion. It was like watching a movie while I was reading.


BLANK SPACE
"I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream."
A Book You Hated... But Loved the Cover

Hated might be too strong a word here, but I definitely didn't like The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. There is *so* much love for this entire series but after reading the first one, I was done. Unreliable narrators are a major pet peeve/deal breaker for me so... I was out. But that cover... le sigh.


SHAKE IT OFF
"The haters gonna hate."
A Book Or Series Everyone Seems To Love But You Can't Help But Hate

Again, hate is too strong a word for this one, but everyone positively *gushes* over I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. And I just... no. 





BLANK SPACE
"I've got a blank space baby, and I'll write your name."
Your Latest Book Boyfriend/Girlfriend

My heart will forever belong to Daemon Black, but my *latest* book boyfriend is Will Cooper from the Slammed trilogy by Colleen Hoover. He's not a badass, he's not a tortured soul who needs rescuing, he's not a bad boy with a heart of gold. He's just a sweet, caring, thoughtful, romantic Good Guy. Every girl should be so lucky to have a Will Cooper in her life. 


I WISH YOU WOULD
"I wish you knew I'll never forget you as long as I live."
A Book Or Series You Know You Will Always Love

My first thought when I read the first book in the Lux series was "where have you been all my life?" This paranormal romance series has everything I love: swoony romance, action, snarky humor, twists I didn't see coming. I connected to the characters, I loved the story lines, I hated to see it end. Loved it. So there. 



WILDEST DREAMS
"I can see the end as it begins."
A Book Or Series You Wish Could Have Gone On Forever

This series actually hasn't ended yet but I know it's coming. And that gives me a big frowny face. The Rosemary Beach series by Abbi Glines is like book crack for me. I am so invested in these characters and their lives and I'm fairly certain that if I drove across the state to Rosemary Beach I would run into them all and we would totally hang out. For real.


Thanks to Charnell for creating such a fun tag! And if you've done the tag, please link it in the comments so I can check it out! :)








No comments