Top Ten Tuesday: New-To-Me Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme 


Yeah, I know it's Wednesday, not Tuesday, but let's pretend, shall we? This week's Top Ten Tuesday theme is one I like so I'm joining in a day late. The focus this week is on New-To-You Authors that you read for the first time in 2015. Thanks to friend recommendations, NetGalley, and just grabbing what sounded interesting, I've managed to try over a dozen new-to-me authors this year. Love that! So here are the ones that made a real impression and who I will definitely be reading more from (or already have). In no particular order...


 >>>>>> 

LAUREN LAYNE
Crushed was thoroughly enjoyable. Not anything groundbreaking, but I felt for the characters and enjoyed the story. I'll pick up more by Layne at some point.


 >>>>>> 


CLAIRE CONTRERAS
I admit Kaleidoscope Hearts was 90% a cover buy. Thankfully, the story backed up the gorgeous cover and I've already continues with the series.


 >>>>>> 


DANI ATKINS
A GoodReads friend recommended this one to me and I'm so glad she did. The Story of Us was much more than I expected - emotional and moving. I'll definitely read more by Atkins.


 >>>>>> 


SARAH DARLINGTON
I read Kill Devil Hills back in March and instantly loved it. I fell in love with Georgie, with Noah, with their story. Darlington had a way of making me connect completely with her story and I will keep reading this wonderful series. While I didn't love the second book as much as Kill Devil Hills, I'm still excited to read the third entry, Pulled Under.


 >>>>>> 


MIRANDA KENNEALLY
Breathe, Annie, Breathe was one of those 'surprise' books. I went into it not expecting much, just a quick "clean teen" contemporary - but what I got was a thoughtful, emotional story with a lot more depth and realism that I had anticipated. The next time I'm in the mood for a YA contemporary, I'll definitely reach for something by Kenneally.


 >>>>>> 


KATIE COTUGNO
Oh my goodness, 99 Days was quite a polarizing book when it was released last spring. It seemed to be one of those love it or hate it books and, judging by the low rating at GoodReads (3.44) most people were not a fan of some of the subject matter and themes in 99 Days. However, I was on the other end of the spectrum and really loved this one. Cotugno took a chance by having her characters make some questionable choices. Instead of this making them unlikable to me, I found them flawed and human and realistic. Reading 99 Days made me even more excited to read Cotugno's How To Love.


 >>>>>> 


KRISTEN CALLIHAN
To think I almost missed out on Kristen Callihan! I was totally judging The Hook Up by its oh-so-cheesy cover. Thank goodness I gave it a try because there is much more depth and substance than the title and cover suggests. I remember there was a scene about three-quarters through that actually brought me to tears. I can't wait to continue on with Callihan's Game On series.

 >>>>>> 

J.A. REDMERSKI
I've had several of Redmerski's books sitting on my shelves for a long time, namely The Edge of Never duology and the In the Company of Killers series. But it wasn't until I read an ARC of The Moment of Letting Go that I finally gave Redmerski a try. And I had that immediate feeling of why have I waited so long? I adored Redmerski's writing style and am truly excited to pick up her other books.

 >>>>>> 

HEATHER DEMETRIOS
I just recently read I'll Meet You There and was blown away. I was completely invested in Sky's and Josh's stories and the narrative hooked me from the very beginning. Demetrios tackled serious themes with such utter realism and I am in awe of her talent. I'll Meet You There will be in my Favorites of 2015 and I want to read everything Demetrios has written.

 >>>>>> 

MIA SHERIDAN
Sheridan's Leo was the second book I read this year and it made one heck of an impression. There was just something about this book that got to me. I remember writing a status update on GoodReads when I was on *page two* saying that I was already in love with the book. Sheridan's writing and her storytelling really struck a chord with me and this book is still very special to me. I've also read the companion novel, Leo's Choice, and am looking forwarding to reading everything by Sheridan (especially Archer's Voice!).
So those are the authors I was excited to discover this year. How about you? Did you try any new authors this year... discover any new favorites? Let's chat it up!





No comments