The Literary Dinner Party Book Tag




T H E  L I T E R A R Y  D I N N E R  P A R T Y        


I saw the lovely Gaby at Latte Nights Reviews do this tag and it looked like fun. I wasn't tagged but that's never stopped me before, sooo...

It was originally created by BookTuber NEHOMAS2 and Gaby added a few extra categories.

There are 15 categories and you can invite 16 bookish characters. So, welcome to my dinner party! 

1. One character who can cook/likes to cook    

Sky went on baking binges when her mom wasn't home. She totally indulged her sweet tooth with cakes and cookies galore. Boom - desserts covered.

2. One character who has money to fund the party

Connor Cobalt is a bajillionaire so he can certainly shell out a tidy sum for my party. Plus, who wouldn't want Connor at the party? He'd be the smartest guy in the room and would be well-versed in everything.

3. One character who might cause a scene      

Nan would totally cause a scene. Something wouldn't be to her liking and she would go off. She's a total shrew but I'm inviting her just because Connor Cobalt would no doubt cut her down to size and put her in her place. Without ever raising his voice. And that's absolutely worth putting up with her (until she gets the boot). Take that, Nan.

4. One character who is funny/amusing            

Warren has to be at my dinner party. He's funny, he's self-deprecating, and he'd keep things lively.

5. One character who is super social/popular   

Mateo Torres... he's the man. He's the epitome of super social, the life of the party, and always up for a good time. I want this guy at my party.

6. One villain                                                  


I'm totally cheating here but whatever. In Shatter Me I definitely considered Warner a villain. So Mr. Well-Dressed himself is invited to my party. Ha!

7. One couple – doesn’t have to be romantic     


I'm inviting Josh and Sky because nobody deserves something nice done for them more than these two. They've both had it rough and a nice night out, surrounded by good people (except vile Nan) would be good for them.

8. One hero/heroine                                         


So yeah, it's actually Theo James that I want at my dinner party. Don't judge.

9. One under-appreciated character               


This series as a whole is under-appreciated and it's rare I ever see anyone mention it. So I'm inviting Myrnin from the Morganville Vampires series. He's a vampire with courtly manners. He favors Victorian ensembles and bunny slippers with fangs. He's brilliantly insane and would make for some very interesting dinner conversation. As long as he leaves his pet spider, Bob, at home.

10. One character of your own choosing        


Come on, like everyone didn't see this one coming. Does anyone actually think I'd have a dinner party and not have Daemon by my side? Get real. 

Gaby's Categories: 

11. Rise From the Dead – One character that is dead but you want to bring back for your party.


If you read it, you know.

12. One Supernatural Character                     


Tink. It's gotta be Tink. A Brownie who collects troll dolls, orders obsessively from Amazon, and throws out pop culture references. Tink could come to my party and then just stay. I'll adopt him.

13. The EYE-CANDY- One character that you want to bring just so you can stare at him


Miles Archer. You're welcome.

14. One lovey dovey couple – Must be romantic  


Jacqueline and Lucas - they are just so perfect together.

15. Bring a Friend. Choose one of your bookish friends to be your plus one in this dinner party. 

I'm inviting my friend +Sarah G  from Words With Sarah. I know she'll come if I promise to seat her next to Connor. :)

Okay, I spent an embarrassing amount of time coming up with my answers. Like, I was putting waaay too much thought into this. LOL But it was fun and I can only wish that I really was having a little soiree with this cast of characters. What a night that would be!

I'm going to tag a few people but hopefully anyone who wants to play along will just consider themselves tagged. I'd love to see your answers to these questions and see what your guest list looks like. :)

I'm tagging:

Brandee @ Bookworm Brandee

Have fun!

No comments