WWW Wednesday #73 | January 22, 2020


WWW Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
Just answer three questions and share what you're reading.


Winter has arrived in Florida! It dipped into the 30's last night and the windchill is in the 20's. I know, I know, all you people in the north are thinking: Oh how cute, this southern girl actually thinks that's cold. 😄 And yeah, I do! But you know what? I love it! It won't last long - by Friday it will be back into the 70's - so I'm enjoying it while I can.


WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

    

 I'm only about 15% into Heartland but I'm already loving being back in this world. I'm so excited to get Dylan and Chastity's story. And - even though I'm not usually a fan of covers with shirtless men - this one totally works for me. Yummy cover model, I love the faded bit of the Vermont outdoors on the bottom third, and hand-lettered look of the title is perfect.

I just started the audio of The Family Upstairs yesterday and I'm slowly getting getting pulled in. I'm still trying to work out how these people are connected and how they're going to come together, but I'm enjoying the process of getting there. :)


WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
 Once I really got into Echoes Between Us it was hard to put down. Katie McGarry always writes characters that are dealing with tough situations that forces them to grow. Veronica and Sawyer were no exception and I loved their stories. 

We Own Tonight was amazingly good! I seriously loved this one from start to finish. The main characters, their story, the emotion... it just all worked for me. I love that I started the year with discovering a new author. And thankfully she has quite a backlist for me to work my way through. :)


WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?

   

 Not sure what I'll feel like reading next but there are some strong possibilities.

What are you currently reading?
I wanna know! :)

26 comments

  1. That Corinne Michaels book is part of a series and I read the last book first lol. I had no idea it was a series. I LOVEDDDDDD that book though so will 100% go back and read the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they're just companion books and you didn't ruin anything for yourself. LOL

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these yet, but there's a couple that are on my TBR already. The Echoes Between Us has such a beautiful cover.

    Ash @ JennReneeRead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover of Echoes Between Us! Katie McGarry almost always has gorgeous covers.

      Delete
  3. I am loving the cooler weather here too in Central Florida too! We have cooler weather this weekend too. Yay! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed Echoes Between Us and I hope you enjoy Regretting You too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in the 80's last week (probably for you, too!) so I was more than ready for some cooler temps. I can't wait to dive into Regretting You.

      Delete
  4. I still get weather updates for where I lived in FL and it was colder there than it was where I live now. It can get pretty cold in northern FL and when it was 80 just the day before - it's a shock to the system! But also nice!

    Karen @ For What It's worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida was colder than Washington? Now that's one for the books! :)

      Delete
  5. I'd actually heard that Florida was getting cold so I won't get too judgey of you complaining about the colder weather. I eve heard that the iguanas might be falling out of trees because the temperature is dropping so you know, that's chilly. The seventh book in that Sarina Bowen series is out? Damn, I need to get caught up with reading releases. I've not heard about it... but I've also not visited any blogs in a while so there's that. I'll wait to see your thoughts and then maybe treat myself. And I've not read a Rebecca Yarros series in ages! I may have to check that out if you read and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that crazy about the iguanas?! I heard that on the news this morning and was like, "Is this a real story?" LOL I swear, if I even saw an iguana I think I'd lose my mind. And if one touched me? You might as well medicate me. And dip me in bleach. Haha! Yep, the next True North book comes out next week. Hurry up and read! LOL I'm ready for that Rebecca Yarros book to break my heart.

      Delete
  6. All of these AMAZING books! I hope you love them all. I can't wait to hear what you think about Heartland. I really loved being back in that world, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving Heartland already! I feel for Chastity so much. And Dylan's girlfriend just needs to GO. LOL

      Delete
  7. I pre-ordered Heartland. It doesn't matter that I am behind on that series, because I am still excited to read it. Glad to hear it's been good to you so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarina Bowen is one of those that I practically auto-buy. Doesn't matter what it's about or if I'm current with the series... I know I'm going to read it and love it.

      Delete
  8. I am about as far into Heartland as you are. I am sure that I will finish it sometime this weekend. It has been nice to see good old grumpy Griff again :) I loved Regretting You. Enjoy your cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Griffin really is a grump, isn't he? :) And he's kind of hard of Dylan which has me feeling protective of him.

      Delete
  9. I love McGarry's books---I often get sucked into them and can't stop reading. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's almost colder there than it is here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As an Australian, that's freezing! When you're used to much warmer temperatures, that's a massive shock to the system. Super keen on reading Echoes Between Us, Katie McGarry is my go to for characters that make me swoon and ugly cry and that one sounds like no exception. Hoping the weather heats up soon Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't that cold all throughout the winter... but I enjoy it when it comes. :)

      I hope you'll love Echoes Between Us when you get to it, Kelly!

      Delete
  12. I need to get a move on and read something by Sarina Bowen! I have the first book in this series, I think...

    I had to google what 20-30f was in Celsius and thats almost as cold as we've been this week! But we won't go back to nice warm temps any time soon. :( I'm kinda hoping for snow... *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The True North series is such a good one. She manages to keep it fresh and I love returning for each book. I love those characters.

      I hope you get your snow! After all that cold weather earlier this week we're back up to 78 degrees today (25 C).

      Delete
  13. I'm glad you're enjoying the cold weather. We had highs in the 30s last week and I was crying for some 70 degree days, lol.

    ReplyDelete