The Sunday Post #279 | February 6, 2022


 The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news: a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books, 
and share what's coming up on your blog in the week ahead.

T H E   W E E K   I N   R E V I E W

There's not much to share this week since it was just a week of being sick. Woke up Monday with a sore throat. Felt worse on Tuesday so I went for a Covid test (negative). And spent the rest of the week feeling pretty poorly (cough, fever, fatigue). Since I work from home I did manage to work Monday thru about lunchtime on Thursday but by then I was done. Thursday afternoon and all day Friday found me dozing in bed almost around the clock. I *think* I may have turned the corner and am feeling ever so slightly better but I still have zero energy. So I'm basically still a sloth.


The highlights this week that lifted my spirits:
  • The Husband - He kept me dosed up with cold medication, made food runs for any random item that I thought I could eat (as I had no appetite), and went above and beyond his normal wonderful self.
  • The NHL All Star Skills Competition and the All Star Games - Three players from my team (the Tampa Lightning) were there and it was fun to watch.
In light of how I've felt all week, this week's 80's music fix is Doctor Doctor (1984) by  Thompson Twins. Enjoy.



O N   T H E   B L O G

Tuesday, February 1

Friday, February 4


W H A T   I   R E A D

    

Audible: The Best Men by Sarina Bowen/Lauren Blakely - ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Kindle: Most of All You by Mia Sheridan - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

C U R R E N T L Y  R E A D I N G


Kindle: Second Chance Summer by Kait Nolan


N E W   A D D I T I O N S

NOT A THING.


T O T A L L Y   R A N D O M




HOW WAS YOUR WEEK?
I'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT!

30 comments

  1. Awwww, sorry to hear you were unwell, but glad you had nurse Husband there to take care of you. Now that I am WFH again, I am ailment free. I don't even use my nasal spray or allergy pills. It's amazing. I was surprised to see I have not read anything by Sheridan. Maybe I will check out the book that wowed you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. It seems to be lingering but I am better than last week.
      Most of All You was so, so good. And Archer's Voice (also by Mia Sheridan) is excellent.

      Delete
  2. Sorry you've not been well. Your symptoms did sound like covid so I'm glad that test came back negative. Hopefully, you feel better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you continue to feel better! I've had what I'm pretty sure is a head cold or sinus infection for the last week and a half. I'm at the uncontrollable coughing stage now so hopefully it's almost done. I have The Best Men on my TBR, glad to see you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can relate to all the coughing! I hope you're feeling better, Michelle!

      Delete
  4. oh no being sick is the worst, even when its not covid its still horrible to experience. Hope you are on the road to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Renee. I've turned the corner so I'm doing a bit better.

      Delete
  5. Being sick sucks! Glad it's not covid but still isn't any fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you start feeling better soon, Tanya! Aww, your hubby is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being sick is no fun! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Your husband sounds like a keeper! Your random made me laugh. I'll have to check out Mia Sheridan's newest. You've been adding to my TBR this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia Sheridan is such a favorite. I love immersing myself in one of her books.

      Delete
  8. Oh no! Glad it's not Covid though. and hope you're feeling better this weekend...

    That song- I swear, sometims the ones you pick out stay in my head for days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, so sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather. I hope you're feeling better soon. Yay for your hubby taking such good care of you though. Oh man, that song takes me way back. I always loved the Thompson Twins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being sick is no fun. Glad it wasn't covid and you had your husband to help you. Sending healing prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deanna. Still under the weather but I'm improving!

      Delete
  11. I'm so sorry to read you've been sick. I hope you're feeling better.
    Most of All You looks and sounds like a great one. I'll check it out. ;)
    Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen. I hope you'll love Most of All You if you decide to try it. It's my favorite of the year so far.

      Delete
  12. Sorry you've been feeling sick and hope you're feeling better by now!
    Love your random meme though :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that you have been sick. I am glad that your husband was there to take care of you. I hope that you are having a much better week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole - this week is definitely better than last week!

      Delete
  14. Sending all the hugs your way and here's hoping you're feeling better now! So not sure if this is the same out there but for the last 4-5 months my friends that are doctors and nurses, their patients aren't testing positive until somewhere between day 3-5 after symptoms start. The majority all test negative before that range. I have a lot of medical people in my life so just wanted to give you a heads up for down the road ♥.
    Jen @ Star-Crossed Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up, Jen. I appreciate that. I do know that testing too early is a possibility and I might have tested too early this time. There are so many variables and it gets confusing, doesn't it? I am better but still sick so I finally had a virtual visit with my dr. just this morning. He's encouraged that symptoms are lessening/improving and only wants me to go in for a chest x-ray/antibiotics if things worsen. I'm definitely better than last week so I'm very thankful for that!

      Delete
  15. I'm sorry you've been sick! I hope this week is better. Love me some Thompson Twins! <3

    ReplyDelete